Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

[LP CYOA] 傳

Baltika9

Arcane
Codex oscilating between fatal naivete and murderous paranoia. First you don't trust BJ at all. Then you trust him to do everything we tell him to do.

Why do you think he will publicly read that letter when it will affect both his and his sect's reputation?

More likely he's going to burn the letter and tell everyone we abducted her, then come to a deal with Mao Sanjiao so that he rescues her from our foul hands and he gets to marry her.

I made a grave mistake in judgement on account of BJ. He is not the sociopathic, self-centered, egotistical, two faced, backstabbing Machiavellian bastard I thought him to be.
He is a woman.

a cut of domestic sheep prime

She might. You don't know for sure.
Eh, give it to a maid then. Have Song instruct the maid not to open it and then to read it to everyone at a time we know we will be gone.

edit: two maids, just to be sure.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
I was talking about Qilin attempting to inflict Zhang Manxing with a poison that rots his dick off.

Re: the letter, Baltika was the one that suggested giving it to Bai. There are other ways of revealing it.

Rex Feral

Prophet
If Yifang and Song Linshu insist, it might be enough to persuade the Abbess.

I was talking about Qilin attempting to inflict Zhang Manxing with a poison that rots his dick off.

Ah yes, poison the fucker. Or let's kidnap him too.

Baltika9

Arcane
Fuck it, let's leave the note to B's original plan. No need to tear each other apart on this semantic. treave, can Miecao teach us this:
“In more ways than one, clearly,” you grin, making your gaze obvious as Yifang flushes. A sudden burst of killing intent from Miecao stops your teasing. The former abbess’s stony, unflinching glare bores into you and rids you of any impure thoughts you might be harboring. “W-well,” you say, “if you are packed, then let’s be off.”
Pretty handy for when Jing will have daughters.

Rex Feral

Prophet
Persuade her to read the letter we leave behind. I'd rather trust her than Bai Jiutan. At least she doesn't know Jing is here.

Re: the letter, Baltika was the one that suggested giving it to Bai. There are other ways of revealing it.
I think it's best to leave it up to you then. We tend to screw ourselves when we get into custom options - see having Cao'er get killed saving the prince.

Nevill

Arcane
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
If I were to write the letter, I'd have her write it, so it'd be in her handwriting. It would go something like this:
A letter to Ares, part 2? I like where this is going.

We tend to screw ourselves when we get into custom options - see having Cao'er get killed saving the prince.
Or searching for manxing when he wasn't in the city.

I really don't want to make it a separate option just to screw with zhang when he is not our primary goal here.

Azira: Did you miss that treave revealed that the masters would detect the laxatives? Only the nobodies would be affected.

edit: Nevill, shhh! We have a winner right now with B2, don't we? If he flops, it'll just be a tie again. Well, unless he flopped to B1...

Azira

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
I know the masters will detect it. That's besides the point. Jing has LAXATIVES! If Jing does not use them, baby Jesus will cry. :rpgcodex:

Besides, even if the masters detect them, they will still have to ingest at least a small amount to do so. And taking the mooks out of the equation is still worthwhile. Think of all the non-master dignitaries present, that'll be shitting their pants.

You really want to miss out on that glorious trolling event?

Rex Feral

Prophet
So let's get this straight. If we go with C, the only ones affected will be servants, lowlifes and pugilists that couldn't land a hit on us if we were blind.

What we get is the chance to piss everyone off, further reduce our reputation with every sect, give everyone a scapegoat and probably get our ass kicked since the masters are going to be unaffected.

Man, do I wonder why I didn't choose this myself :thumbsup:

Nevill

Arcane
Azira: Did you miss that treave revealed that the masters would detect the laxatives? Only the nobodies would be affected.
I'd go for it anyway. All that are present here are below BJ's level pre-timeskip.

And Mao Sanjiao isn't even a master through the virtue of martial arts.

We rarely get to do anything FUN. :(

No matter. treave, can you please explain it what BJ is talking about here?
He seems reluctant to speak, but finally nods. “I do not want to admit it, but Xu Jing is right. The way Mao Sanjiao is expanding is too risky for the sect. It will attract greedy eyes. This cannot last, Miss Song. His way is wrong, and he only plans to use you to further legitimize his actions. If you think you can speak up and influence him after marriage, you are wrong. He is not that sort of man.”
I know his words don't have to make sense for Lingshu to be swayed, but I can't help scratching my head in confusion. Expanding is bad for the sect? It attracts greedy eyes? From whom? Why is it bad? What is illegitimate about Sanjiao's actions?

It just looks like BJ is pulling the arguments out of his ass here. 'He is wrong because my pretty voice says so'. Is my impression correct?

Well, I guess it's between B2 and C1 then... Would any of the A2 voters care to flop to B2 before we die in a wedding dress?

Last edited by a moderator:

Baltika9

Arcane
I'd go for it anyway. All that are present here are below BJ's level pre-timeskip.

And Mao Sanjiao isn't even a master through the virtue of martial arts.

We rarely get to do anything FUN. :(
:nocountryforshitposters:
So all the suicidal stunts we pulled weren't FUN enough for you?

Nevill

Arcane
So let's get this straight. If we go with C, the only ones affected will be servants, lowlifes and pugilists that couldn't land a hit on us if we were blind.
And Sanjiao himself.

What we get is the chance to piss everyone off, further reduce our reputation with every sect, give everyone a scapegoat and probably get our ass kicked since the masters are going to be unaffected.
And also create a confusion and walk away over people's heads while they queue for the latrines.

It is going to be glorious!

So all the suicidal stunts we pulled weren't FUN enough for you?
I don't find suicides fun. Trollan, on the other hand...

But we haven't been respecting a good trollan recently. No mask, no kidnapping the princess for Wuni, no kidnapping the princess for ourselves... We are becoming lame and boring.

Last edited:

Baltika9

Arcane
Except, y'know, those 10% of masters. Come one, Nevill, just come out with it. You only want C1 for the trollan, no shame in that.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom