Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

[LP CYOA] 傳

Fangshi

Arcane
So a couple things about zhang, killing him and whether of not to use the tech:

Two parts, first I think we can easily outclass zhang and his minions, especially with Lingshu's help. So I do not see him as a physical threat unless he has something planned. It is unlikely that this is the case as he was not even aware that we were here. He probably ran off to rape Lingshu in the forest but now he is looking at an asskicking at least.

Second I simply don't care if people know we have the tech or not. I also do not believe they will figure it out for a while, if at all. First zhang has to talk about the defeat when he could well stay silent, then he has to talk to the right people so that they will know what happened, then they have to make the mental leap that we somehow picked up a secret lost technique rather than just learnt some of his moves, then they have to find us and extract the information or they have to realize that we picked it up while in Tibet and that we did it in the Fire Temple, then they have to either capture us or assault the temple. Then and only then will they be able to get the tech so frankly I think you are all being too paranoid.

If it does happen though I also do not see it as a big deal. The only people that will come after us at this point are high level pugilists. The same people that would be a danger to us if they got the manuals. If they all wind up dead or crippled fighting us then they won't be able to use the manuals either and we win by default. Searching for us would also cut back on the resources they can use to search for the manuals so I see that as another plus.

So yeah. From my perspective B1 is almost entirely safe (well as safe as things get for Jing at least).

Absinthe

Arcane
I could come around to A2. I think it''s unlikely BJ would have come too or send everyone after us. I'd like to kill him if we can.
I dunno. I think Bai Jiutian is looking to maximize his benefits here by getting us to kill Zhang Manxing for him and spying our new techniques while we do so. We're already pretty much his biggest rival, so he's going to dig info on us if he can. I'm halfway tempted to let him live just because he'll be a bigger thorn in Bai Jiutian's side than ours for now, and I don't like being played, but it's true that we could just as well kill him and not have to deal with Zhang Manxing's crap; the dude is begging to get killed.

Yeah, everyone knows how dangerous the bears here are. They drop down from pine trees and catch you off guard.
This is China, not Australia. Dropbears...

TOME

Cuckmaster General
Another tally:
ScubaV A1
Jester A1
Kz3r0 A1
SirArvedeth A1
Sunnmøring A1>A2
Tribute A1>B2
Akkudakku A1>B1
skaraher A1>B1

Kashmir Slippers A2>A1
Absinthe A2>B2
XenomorphII A2

Ifeex Ax
Kipeci Ax

Azira B1>A1
Fangshi B1>B2
Zero Credibility B1>B2
Grimgravy B1>B2>C
TOME B1>B2>C

Elfberserker B2>A1
Esquilax B2>A1
Nevill B2>C
Baltika9 B2
GreyViper B2>A1
Tigranes B2>C

ERYFKRAD Bx

Anabanana C>A2
Lambchop19 C>B2>A1
Rex Feral C>B2>A1

Raw votes:
A1 - 8
A2 - 3
Ax - 2
B1 - 5
B2 - 6
Bx - 1
C - 3

A2 & Ax & C flops:
A1 - 12
A2 - 1
B1 - 5
B2 - 9
Bx - 1

B1 & Bx flops:
A1 - 13
A2 - 1
B2 - 14

TOME

Cuckmaster General
It's better than killing them in front of Song or leaving them be so they can mess with Cao'er and Qilin when they come looking for us.

a cut of domestic sheep prime

Let's see: The whole marital arts world is hunting for these ancient techniques and entire families have been murdered in pursuit of them. Then we fight the biggest blabbermouth in the 8 sects using one of those techniques and let him live to tell the tale. What could go wrong?

Akkudakku

Arbiter
It's better than killing them in front of Song or leaving them be so they can mess with Cao'er and Qilin when they come looking for us.
Treave said she will understand if we kill them. She will just be dissilusioned about Jing.
This way we will never remove rivals and enemies. Because there is always some stupid reason to pussy out. You guys are all Theseus for Jing and you are backstabing him with your votes.

That's the idea.
Treave said she will understand if we kill them. She will just be dissilusioned about Jing.
This way we will never remove rivals and enemies. Because there is always some stupid reason to pussy out. You guys are all Theseus for Jing and you are backstabing him with your votes.
Don't talk to me about Theseus, bro! I KNOW THESEUS!

I EVEN DID A FUCKING DOCUMENTARY ALL ABOUT HIM AND IT'S WORLD FAMOUS! SO DON'T TALK TO ME ABOUT tHESEUS WHEN YOU DON'T EVEN KNOW WHAT HE LOOKS LIKE:
ManBearPig.JPG

:M:M;)

Last edited by a moderator:

Absinthe

Arcane
Or we beat him up without using Wuxiang Qiankun.

As much as I think Zhang Manxing deserves to die, there is a part of me that's tickled by leaving him for Bai Jiutian to deal with, and I think there is some real benefit to this. Then again the fucker is petty and has a grudge against us and will try to bring stupid amounts of trouble down our heads. But this might also work in our favor, since Zhang Manxing exposing us should improve our odds of meeting up with Yunzi.

And killing him instantly loses us Song Lingshu points.

Kipeci

Arcane
Let's all think with our dicks and choose the option that's most friendly to the girl regardless of other concerns

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
treave what would have happened if we had gone with C, last choice?

Brown Wedding, much laxatives, so trollololol.

Your unorthodoxy goes to -500 because it's a truly special person who would offend everyone like that.

Massive, epic brawl with the shit-stained pugilists.

Yunzi and Armaiti help you escape.

Akkudakku

Arbiter
Or we beat him up without using Wuxiang Qiankun.

As much as I think Zhang Manxing deserves to die, there is a part of me that's tickled by leaving him for Bai Jiutian to deal with, and I think there is some real benefit to this. Then again the fucker is petty and has a grudge against us and will try to bring stupid amounts of trouble down our heads. But this might also work in our favor, since Zhang Manxing exposing us should improve our odds of meeting up with Yunzi.

And killing him instantly loses us Song Lingshu points.
Id rather lose some points then have someone that we care about killed by or becouse of him later on.
Relationship we can fix but good luck getting someone reviwed.

Rex Feral

Prophet
treave what would have happened if we had gone with C, last choice?

Brown Wedding, much laxatives, so trollololol.

Your unorthodoxy jumps to -500 because it's a truly special person who would offend everyone like that.

Massive brawl with the shit-stained pugilists.

Yunzi and Armaiti help you escape.

How about reputation? What would Song Linshu think about it?

Akkudakku

Arbiter
Let's all think with our dicks and choose the option that's most friendly to the girl regardless of other concerns
Yeah completly. Lets let him live and allow him to get us killed like it almost happened in tibet. Because codex has short memory it seems. Always picking the same wrong choice.

Anabanana

Augur
Yeah, I added an A2 conditional to my vote.

If killing Zhang Manxing can prevent him from raping people in the future, I think we should do it, regardless of Lingshu's feelings. Rehabilitation/jailing him for attempted rape is pretty impossible at this point. He is an unrepentant rapist who will continue being so in the future, especially since the orthodox sects are turning a blind eye to his crimes. The lackeys I'm a bit iffy about, but they're still complicit in Zhang Manxing's rapery, so I don't feel too bad about it.

In any case, relationships shouldn't be built on lies. We shouldn't refrain from killing someone who we think should be killed just because we're concerned about how Lingshu sees us. If she's a real friend, she'll understand why we did what we did. I'd like to spare her feelings if at all possible - seeing somebody die in front of your eyes isn't exactly the best opening to your grand jianghu adventure - but we do have other things to think of, like getting a potential rapist off the streets (and into bear stomachs, I guess, since that's the way we roll in this genre). It's unfortunate if she doesn't see things the same way as us, but sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do.

It'll be interesting to see how her character develops after this. Perhaps it'll tone down her naivete a little. Really, this kind of rapist scumbag is supposed to be exactly the kind of criminal the orthodox sects are supposedly against. How the hell did he rise to such a respected position? If Song Lingshu is truly the young heroine she believes herself to be, she's going to have to start coming to terms with what the orthodox sects preach and what they actually practice.

EDIT: I TOO VOTE FOR A ROLLBACK TO THE BROWN WEDDING!!!

Last edited:

Anabanana has opened my eyes. Flop to A1>A2.

edit: So when did we get speech 6?

Last edited by a moderator:

Akkudakku

Arbiter
You guys all fucked up :p thats what happens when you pussy out from the good options :p
And also im changing my vote to Ax> B1 because no matter how he dies he has to die.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom