Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

[LP CYOA] 傳

a cut of domestic sheep prime

We also would have finally had the same Unorthodoxy as Master Zhang (-500)
What's even more impressive is that we would have done it without actually killing anyone. When you can get the same bad rep as a someone who straight up murders people through trolling...that's some badass trolling.

kazgar

Arcane
We also would have finally had the same Unorthodoxy as Master Zhang (-500)
What's even more impressive is that we would have done it without actually killing anyone. When you can get the same bad rep as a someone who straight up murders people through trolling...that's some badass trolling.

well a good chunk of that was the 100 man battle, and wouldn't surprise me if some of those dudes died.

Baltika9

Arcane
treave, so how many rep hits and with whom would we have taken? I can't imagine the Orthodox Sects ever cooperating with us after this in good faith, ever.

And while I also cry about the lost lulz, I don't have many regrets. It's definitely the sort of thing Man Tiger Pig would've done, but not the kind of thing Lord Xu Jing should have done.

I know my stance is going to be unpopular but, hey, I just think that with a huge faction of devotees we ought to grow up a bit and mature. Comes with age and responsibilities. Grandma Miecao faced the same stuff when she went from Bandit Queen to Abbess.

Baltika9

Arcane
Reputation hits with the orthodox sects, all of them. Mostly of the BRO ones like Shaolin, Wudang and Emei, and also Huehueshan. And BJ.

Baltika9

Arcane
For the Brown Wedding, of course. If we get a massive Unorthodoxy bonus, then obviously everyone knows we did it and I can't see them taking it kindly. Or are you saying that would have had no penalties to our relations with the Sects?

Esquilax

Arcane
No rep hits either?! :lol: Massive :decline: right there.

I figured that we'd take minor rep hits because all in all this would just be a somewhat mean prank that only hurt Mao Sanjiao's pride and a few colons along the way, but I was scared off when Kz3r0 pointed out that Masters could recognize poisons and unusual things like laxatives in food and wine. Maybe a few stuffed shirts would be butthurt (literally), but it's not like we massacred their disciples limb-from-limb in a display of Zhangian Diplomacy. All in all, I am ashamed that I pussied out of it after convincing people to run into the fire Temple full of angry Amesha Spenta.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Uh, why're you guys still asking about that? It's over and done with. There's nothing more you need to know about the Brown Wedding. Face it, you guys wussed out, and that's all you need to know. :lol:

Baltika9

Arcane
Out of curiosity, really and to soothe my guilty conscience. I MUST KNOW THAT I DID THE RIGHT THING!

Baltika9

Arcane
PRAY is at 10 votes, we're halfway here. Speaking of, any more takers for now?
DONT TELL HIM TREAVE HE MUST SUFFER!
Don't point your finger at me, you did it too. As a matter of fact, it was you who convinced me to forego the laxatives and go for B2. And Fangshi and Tigranes. I AM THE VICTIM HERE!

:lol:

Last edited:

Absinthe

Arcane
Hm. PRAY.

Also, I motion we make sure we aren't being watched while we do this. Between Order mode and Reikan we should have 9 Perception while we do this. Treave, this should be doable right? I figure Jing would be paranoid about being caught using this skill anyway.

Fangshi

Arcane
Baltika9 said:
Don't point your finger at me, you did it too. As a matter of fact, it was you who convinced me to forego the laxatives and go for B2. And Fangshi and Tigranes. I AM THE VICTIM HERE!

:lol:

When a great resentment has resulted,
Even if one tries to reconcile and make peace,
There is bound to leave some remaining resentment.
Thus, how can this be considered as a good settlement?
Therefore, a saint cultivates himself with introspection and self-discipline without blaming others
for faults.
This is like the ancient custom which acts by holding on to the left part of the tally as a debtor
that demands nothing from others.
Hence, a person of virtue acts as if he were the debtor.
And a person without virtue acts as if he were the creditor that demands only from others.
The Tao of Nature is impersonal which makes no exception to anyone.
It always assists those that are kind and virtuous.

You guys just have to learn to let shit go or else the butthurt will consume you... ;)

Baltika9

Arcane
Fangshi, this is just the Codex method of Butthurt Management. Give it five more pages and we should be good.
Absinthe, I got ya on the PRAY tally. We're at 11/20.

Nevill

Arcane
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Out of curiosity, really and to soothe my guilty conscience. I MUST KNOW THAT I DID THE RIGHT THING!
You did the wrong thing. Every time the vote brings new converts to your PREY tally you can rest safe knowing that you did the wrong thing.

You just passed up Yunzi, man. It's a crime against humanity.

Never forgive. :decline:

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I was right to troll you, Baltika9
I was decrived, man. Tricked. I am thr victim here.
:negative;:

Also, I take no blame for it. Tigranes, Fangshi and Esquilax swayed me to B2. The true fault lies with them, I was but thr useful idiot. And now the unfortunate scapegoat.
Still right to troll you.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom