Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

[LP CYOA] 傳

Baltika9

Arcane
'Tis the Codex way. We troll one another in an unbroken circle, forever.

Esquilax

Arcane
Also, I take no blame for it. Tigranes, Fangshi and Esquilax swayed me to B2. The true fault lies with them, I was but thr useful idiot. And now the unfortunate scapegoat.

Where is the fun of laxatives on their own, without the hilarity of walking down the aisle as the bride and planting a kiss on Mao Sanjiao's ugly, old face to make it perfect? It's like having a warm beer - something's missing.

treave, now that we're travelling with Song Lingshu and a lot of people know what she looks like, will Qilin use acupuncture to change her appearance so she's not recognized in her travels?

Nevill

Arcane
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
He claimed he saved her for the Emperor, but did Shun really marry her? It really turned out for the best, then.

Now we must visit him just to see the look in her eyes.

Nevill

Arcane
In any case, relationships shouldn't be built on lies. We shouldn't refrain from killing someone who we think should be killed just because we're concerned about how Lingshu sees us. If she's a real friend, she'll understand why we did what we did.
Nice reasoning... up until the point you realise that our relationship with her is built upon several important omissions, like us being Yao's apprentice or helping in his escape - and that one will come in play as soon as Cao'er arrives.

I guess if she is s real friend, she will understand it, too, huh?

Whatever. The desire to do the right thing at the wrong time is strong with the Codex, as the Tufan prince had almost proved once. Might as well sit back and enjoy the inevitable butthurt when it does not play out the way you expected.

Last edited:

Absinthe

Arcane
Uh, treave, if I can inquire again about paranoid Jing using his high perception to make sure about not being watched while using this?

Esquilax

Arcane
Nice reasoning... up until the point you realise that our relationship with her is built upon several important omission, like us being Yao's apprentice or helping in his escape - and that one will come in play as soon as Cao'er arrives.

Oh shit, I can't believe that I forgot about that. Taking out Zhang Manxing in a brutal manner and then hanging around with the apprentice of the person who killed her father (who she thinks is a great guy) will be bad. She's a potential sect head and this would alienate her greatly and it would undo all the good work that we've done. I'm pretty sure that she would let Cao'er travelling with us slide if we make a decent impression on her (i.e. we don't tear Zhang Manxing limb from limb), but I'm not so sure she'd stomach it if we go for Zhangian Diplomacy here.

Flopping to B2 > A1. I'm pretty sure that nobody is watching us right now though. Goddamnit, I hope this doesn't turn out to be a mistake like the last vote where I went for the pussy option despite the glory of the Brown Wedding being within our grasp. :(

Absinthe

Arcane
Damn. Fuck it. Flopping B2. If Song isn't definitely traveling with us, then it's better not to alienate the shit out of her on the spot.

Tigranes

Arcane
Nice reasoning... up until the point you realise that our relationship with her is built upon several important omission, like us being Yao's apprentice or helping in his escape - and that one will come in play as soon as Cao'er arrives.

Oh shit, I can't believe that I forgot about that. Taking out Zhang Manxing in a brutal manner and then hanging around with the apprentice of the person who killed her father (who she thinks is a great guy) will be bad. She's a potential sect head and this would alienate her greatly and it would undo all the good work that we've done. I'm pretty sure that she would let Cao'er travelling with us slide if we make a decent impression on her (i.e. we don't tear Zhang Manxing limb from limb), but I'm not so sure she'd stomach it if we go for Zhangian Diplomacy here.

Flopping to B2 > A1. I'm pretty sure that nobody is watching us right now though. Goddamnit, I hope this doesn't turn out to be a mistake like the last vote where I went for the pussy option despite the glory of the Brown Wedding being within our grasp. :(

Killing Zhang isn't particularly glorious, anyhow.

Ugh. I don't even care if Song is buddy buddy with us or not. She's a stuck up do goodie and not the most valuable girl in the setting. I do want her to succeed in taking back the sect, though. Option A might actually help with that, at the price of some goodwill with her...

Esquilax

Arcane
Ugh. I don't even care if Song is buddy buddy with us or not. She's a stuck up do goodie and not the most valuable girl in the setting. I do want her to succeed in taking back the sect, though. Option A might actually help with that, at the price of some goodwill with her...

Well, I'd like her to succeed as well. I don't care about the harem thing at all, but I'd prefer if she still had a good opinion of us if she were to take over the sect in the future. To be honest, I won't be that sorry if A1 wins either, it's not a surprise that so many people want Zhang Manxing dead now that we have a way to do it without incurring any rep hits aside from Song Lingshu being a bit disturbed by the event. But hey, if she wants to wander the jianghu, she's gotta get used to it.

Absinthe

Arcane
I don't mind A1 too much either now that we have confirmation that our high perception will be used to detect anyone who might see us.

Nevill

Arcane
No later than yesterday we had people going for the choice that required complete trust in BJ's cooperation to bring the results that were anywhere near satisfactory. Championed by none other than Baltika9 himself.

Then BJ sends manxing after us, and we are eager to do BJ's dirty work for him, because how can we refuse the gift that BRO Jiutian sent us? Guess who leads the 'kill the fucker' train? :lol:

If all I wanted to get out of this wedding is to kill manxing, I would have poisoned him there. What I want is to get Lingshu to see our side of the story, make here make peace with Yao and Cao'er (so that, y'know, he would not be put on trial the moment he is discovered - he is associated with us and is a great hostage), and reinstate her as the head of the sect and our ally.

Song Lingshu will be hanging around people asking them about Qingcheng. She is not all that bright. If she breaks away from our party and goes on solo adventures to build a reputation for herself, she will be found (especially if the beggars network have fallen in the UNBRO hands), and sent straight into the loving arms of her uncle, undoing everything we've done here.

But why should that stop the RIGHTEOUS? Thou shalt not lie!

Man, I just can't care anymore.

Last edited:

Baltika9

Arcane
No later than yesterday we had people going for the choice that required complete trust in BJ's cooperation to bring the results that were anywhere near satisfactory. Championed by none other than Baltika9 himself.

Then BJ sends manxing after us, and we are eager to do BJ's dirty work for him, because how can we refuse the gift that BRO Jiutian sent us? Guess who leads the 'kill the fucker' train? :lol:
Wut? I'm on B2. Barking up the wrong tree here, man.

Absinthe

Arcane
Well, if we kill Zhang Manxing, I motion that we point out to Song Lingshu that he tried to rape our friends twice. Once by attempting to give them drugged drinks and another time he actually grabbed them and tried to rape them right in front of us.

Nevill

Arcane
What's wrong with that?
It makes me dizzy when I try to tally the votes.

Absinthe said:
Well, if we kill Zhang Manxing, I motion that we point out to Song Lingshu that he tried to rape our friends twice. Once by attempting to give them drugged drinks and another time he actually grabbed them and tried to rape them right in front of us.
Sure thing. Let's go for excuses.

She wasn't there when he tried it and he does not have a reputation for this kind of thing (even though she thinks he is a creep, she also thinks the orthodox sects would never have allowed him in if they knew - and how would her darling Bai stand for this?), while we are a known murderer (and prove it to her, too) who is travelling with people connected to the murder of her father.

Pointing fingers would seem very convincing.

Absinthe

Arcane
It's not an excuse, really. If he hadn't done that shit, we wouldn't be killing him now.

That said, I'm voting B2 too. I'd rather not alienate the shit out of Song Lingshu. First we kill Manxing then she finds Cao'er. This is going to be awkward as fuck. Yifang is going to have to tell her that Cao'er is her twin sister and then she's going to go MY WHOLE LIFE HAS BEEN A LIE after which she'll probably go solo, or maybe with Yifang. Huh. That could be a bad combination for wandering the jianghu. Way too naïve there.

I guess 6 speech skill will have to work its magic then.

Last edited:

Baltika9

Arcane
I dunno, having read and considered everything, I'm against killing the guy. It will definitely alienate Lingshu, and since we came all the way out here just to liberate her from this marriage and put her on friendly terms with us, killing this scumbag in exchange for that is kinda fucking dumb. Having missed the Brown Wedding and the chance to learn all we can on Sanjiao and his machinations, I would rather we capitalize on this and secure her goodwill.
Yeah, Lingshu's brofeels are important, since she can be a staunch ally or a powerful enemy in the future. I know where I want her.

Smashing Axe

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
B2>B1

Zhang is generally a nice guy who we unfortunately angered in our hubris. We should work to make amends with him later. For now we just need to show him that our intentions are genuine and honest. He'll come around to our friendship later.

Also, while Zhang probably won't recognise our super powerful technique. I'm fairly certain Songfeng will. We're not good enough friends for me to be entirely comfortable with that.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom