Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

[LP CYOA] 傳

Absinthe

Arcane
Baltika9, where's the PRAY tally right now?

Baltika9

Arcane
We're at 11/20.
Baltika9
Anabanana
Elfberserker
Smashing Axe
RealDDc
Kz3r0
Zero Credibility
Azira
Akkudakku
Absinthe
Tribute

Total- 12

Last edited:

ScubaV

Prophet
Jesus I hope praying never wins. Sadly, it's likely only a matter of time before enough people are beat down/alts created and it wins. :?

Yes, exactly that ^^

Harangue people until they vote for what you want.

Absinthe

Arcane
I don't exactly hold high expectations for PRAY myself but hey, lets see what it does to the narrative.

Rex Feral

Prophet
I bet praying gets us either killed and reincarnated or time skips for a thousand years. Both are horrible horrible outcomes.

Esquilax

Arcane
Jesus I hope praying never wins. Sadly, it's likely only a matter of time before enough people are beat down/alts created and it wins. :?

Yes, exactly that ^^

Harangue people until they vote for what you want.

I gotta agree. I think that this is kind of a cheap way of doing things and I find it a bit distasteful. If you can tally up a vote over enough time, of course it's going to win eventually. It isn't like a regular vote that we do between updates where there's a lot of drama, shouting, butthurt, etc. but once it's closed, that's it and there's no going back. If you can vote for something indefinitely, only a matter of time until it becomes victorious.

I know that treave has said that it doesn't matter when we pray, but it seems like it would be a bit more fair if we had a vote in the future (say, when we return to the Fire Temple) to decide this once and for all in a vote? It seems like with enough vote hustling, you can easily hit twenty people given enough time. It's pretty much inevitable, really.

I bet praying gets us either killed and reincarnated or time skips for a thousand years. Both are horrible horrible outcomes.

A thousand years in the future? What year are we in now, mid 9th century, thereabouts? That would put Xu Jing smack dab in the middle of the Taiping Rebellion! That sounds fucking awesome!

:yeah:

Last edited:

Fangshi

Arcane
Ah if this is going to come up periodically then put me down for NEVER PRAY.

Not now, not some time in the future, not ever, not even if it is the only thing that can save Jing's life. To hell with the gods, I refuse to ask them for anything. Let the boy stand or fall on his own merits I say.

Ganymede

Learned
Miss Song is in dire need. The only cure is love and Jing is the man to give it. :salute:

AB > BB

B for the second choice because it's the closest lead on a legendary manual. Also we can't let the murder of the Imperial constaBROS go unanswered.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Treave, can we practice Wuxiang Qiankun by learning a qinggong upgrade or yuhe finger or throwing skill now? I figure if we can learn the entire 18 palms in 1 week by using the skill, we should get started on copying some of our friends' skills.

You get an option of things you can learn during the travel time in the next update. Though pick carefully or else you might find that you picked up an underwhelming technique. :lol:

Esquilax

Arcane
Baltika9 Tigranes Nevill ScubaV Rex Feral Anabanana Kipeci The Brazilian Slaughter

I'd like to get away from the "rape or not to rape" debate for a moment and evaluate which location we ought to go to.

“Didn’t Liuwu say something about that when he dropped by a few days ago? Right after he briefly blabbed about some Imperial constables guarding the Xiaoming Jiuyang manual being slaughtered by mysterious men-in-black.”
You head north, towards Chang’an. It seems that Shun’s imperial constables had a lead on the Xiaoming Jiuyang Divine Skill manual, and were actually in possession of it for a brief period of time. It would be a good track for you to follow up on.

Now, it's obviously a choice between Chang'an and Yuhua Hall here, which seems to have a lot of implications for how our investigation will go. If we head to Chang'an, that's Beggar Sect HQ and right by Mount Huashan, both of which are information sources that we wouldn't have access to. The upside is that we have Shun and Gao Ying; this is important because it's possible that this has ties to the Imperial Court and possibly Zhang Manxing. His godfather, Grand Eunuch Wang, is the only person who would be able to have the information network to find the constables transporting the manual, and probably the only one with the resources to pay the bandits who did the deed in question. So he's probably our first suspect here.

The trouble is actually getting to them. The bandits were concealed and they probably did a good job of covering their tracks. Which is where Yuhua Hall and our bad reputation might create some interesting opportunities. We don't have much of a rep with Yuhua Hall, but they are a great information source and they probably have a clearer idea of who may have stolen it. Judging by the secrecy with which the theft was done, it was almost certainly an unorthodox group that did the deed. The brothel would probably have a better idea of who these people would be than Shun or Gao Ying would.

Oh, and of course, going to orthodox sect HQ, which is also located right at the Imperial Capital is probably not a great idea if you're wanted for four murders, can easily be located by the thousands of Beggar Sect members in the area (their HQ is there too) and have just pissed off a bunch of Sects. Just a thought.

Whaddaya guys think? Are there better leads at Yuhua Hall that might lead us to the thieves quicker?

Tally
Tribute CC>CB
Esquilax CB
Fangshi CB
Elfberserker CC
XenomorphII CB
profreshinal BC>AC
ERYFKRAD AB
Rex Feral CB
Azira AC
Nevill CB>CC
The Brazilian Slaughter CC
Akkudakku BC > AC > CC
Smashing Axe BB>BC
Absinthe BB
Jester BC
ScubaV CC
GreyViper AA
Lambchop19 AA
archaen CA > BC
Kz3r0 CB
Kashmir Slippers BC
Ganymede AB>BB

Raw Votes

Rape or no rape?
A - 6
B - 6
C - 11

B - 11
C - 9

Last edited:

Jester

Arbiter
Which is why Yifang doing it is my preferred solution because the only reason why Yifang would go ahead is to help her friend and not for some desire to stick your dick in her.
And now we're forcing a sexually repressed and upright ex-nun to violate her childhood friend against her own will when we can just run down to town and buy some herbs from Cao'er's shopping list.
Nice.
Knowing Jing he will end up meeting Jue dad there.

Jester

Arbiter
+M Go-go rationalization hamster!
We have a hardass rep, 7 stealth and 6 speech. I don't think anyone is going to fuck with us over some herbs.
Moreover, since we're picking our next travel destination means that we'll be setting out there after we do whatever. Which means 1C succeeds.
We dont need all limbs and/or internal organs to travel. Try to be optimistic.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Also, regarding Tianshan, you have to stop by Chang'an anyway if you're headed there from your current location.

Baltika9

Arcane
Now, it's obviously a choice between Chang'an and Yuhua Hall here, which seems to have a lot of implications for how our investigation will go. If we head to Chang'an, that's Beggar Sect HQ and right by Mount Huashan, both of which are information sources that we wouldn't have access to. The upside is that we have Shun and Gao Ying; this is important because it's possible that this has ties to the Imperial Court and possibly Zhang Manxing. His godfather, Grand Eunuch Wang, is the only person who would be able to have the information network to find the constables transporting the manual, and probably the only one with the resources to pay the bandits who did the deed in question. So he's probably our first suspect here.

The trouble is actually getting to them. The bandits were concealed and they probably did a good job of covering their tracks. Which is where Yuhua Hall and our bad reputation might create some interesting opportunities. We don't have much of a rep with Yuhua Hall, but they are a great information source and they probably have a clearer idea of who may have stolen it. Judging by the secrecy with which the theft was done, it was almost certainly an unorthodox group that did the deed. The brothel would probably have a better idea of who these people would be than Shun or Gao Ying would.
Yeah, I'm definitely on board with Yuhua Hall. As you said, our raunchy and vicious rep will certainly give us access to more seedy and unorthodox circles (which is the whole point of being unorthodox), without fear of Beggar HQ and Huehueshan coming down on our ass while the four murders are still fresh in everyone's memories. We also have the Zhou Clan and their heiress Zixia, whose friend we saved at Minamoto Island, owing us a favor, so that's a definite resource there. Oh, and our money.
Oh, and of course, going to orthodox sect HQ, which is also located right at the Imperial Capital is probably not a great idea if you're wanted for four murders, can easily be located by the thousands of Beggar Sect members in the area (their HQ is there too) and have just pissed off a bunch of Sects. Just a thought.
Definitely true. When you are responsible for four murders, your first reaction should be to run away from the police, not run towards them. :lol:

Last edited:

Anabanana

Augur
Man, I was actually about to flop to B because there were good arguments, but Nevill annoyed the fuck out of me so I didn't. And then when I got back it was too late. Oops! This is heavenly retribution for not going for the Brown Wedding, Codex. Heavenly retribution.

CB

Grimgravy

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire
CC

I can't believe we've had a murderous reputation (undeserved) for the bulk of the adventure, and now you clowns went and made it deserved. For shame. Let at least not add rapist to the mix.

Ganymede

Learned
It's not rape. She'll be horny as shit and totally dtf.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom