Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

[LP CYOA] 傳

Esquilax

Arcane
treave, couldn't we just hand Song Lingshu Cao'er's dildo and then let her take care of things herself. Boom! No moral dilemma!

Yeah, I'm definitely on board with Yuhua Hall. As you said, our raunchy and vicious rep will certainly give us access to more seedy and unorthodox circles (which is the whole point of being unorthodox), without fear of Beggar HQ and Huehueshan coming down on our ass while the four murders are still fresh in everyone's memories. We also have the Zhou Clan and their heiress Zixia, whose friend we saved at Minamoto Island, owing us a favor, so that's a definite resource there. Oh, and our money.

Ah yes, I had completely forgotten about Miss Zhou:

The most influential martial arts establishment in Yangzhou, the Zhou Clan Manor, is gathering pugilists to conduct a campaign against a band of pirates that has been terrorizing the southern coast. Payment is what you can claim from the pirates’ plunder; most pugilists are participating to make a name for themselves, however.
You had successfully chased away more than a hundred pugilists by yourself, sparing hundreds of lives from a terrible battle. In the aftermath, Zixia had returned with her family, promising that she would find a way to convey a reward to you for your help in the near future. She had managed to convince her friend to leave - Yorimitsu had allowed her husband to depart the clan, and hopefully the two of them will find a place to belong.

We never really saw about that reward. Her brother also seemed to be the reasonable type, though we never talked to him much. Probably best to avoid her old man if we can help it, however. :lol:

The crux of it for me is that I'm sure that the underground is going to be abuzz with rumors about the manual. I'm sure Shun and Gao Ying will also have ideas about who might have taken in the manual, but we are an insider when it comes to the unorthodox world while Shun's people and the orthodox sects aren't. While we might be passing up a chance to fix up our reputation in the near future like we might have in Chang'an, perhaps playing to our strengths by seeking info in a world that knows, fears and respects us might be better.

Baltika9

Arcane
A thousand years in the future? What year are we in now, mid 9th century, thereabouts? That would put Xu Jing smack dab in the middle of the Taiping Rebellion! That sounds fucking awesome!

:yeah:
I dunno, I'd love to be thrown into China's Civil War and fuck up Chiang Kai Shek and Mao Zhedong.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Updated with the latest tally.

treave, couldn't we just hand Song Lingshu Cao'er's dildo and then let her take care of things herself. Boom! No moral dilemma!

She's too sheltered to know how to use it. Cao'er or Yifang (who needs to be shown the thing first) will have to use it on her.

Esquilax

Arcane
It's not rape. She'll be horny as shit and totally dtf.

Getting the medicine for her can be an even greater display of bravado and manliness than just plain fucking her. Allow me to post the update that treave no doubt has planned:

Male Supremacy

"Song Lingshu, I've brought you your medicine!" you say. You had battled a few hundred proud Emei womyn disciples on your way to procure the ingredients, defeating the Abbess herself by drawing your fabled short sword and sticking it inside of her until she became comatose. There would be no hope for Song Lingshu now that you had crushed the only group of empowered womyn that could liberate her. You hover over her, triumphant in your conquest. Huddled by the corner in terror, Cao'er and Qilin instantly become pregnant, come to term and go into labour with triplets in a matter of seconds, helpless against your display of virility and male dominance.

"Th-thank you" says Song Lingshu, barely managing to utter the words out in between frantic wails. As she begins to sob more frantically and fall further into despair, she too becomes pregnant and pumps out octuplets, her fertility no doubt a consequence of having been oppressed by the full force of your cis male privilige.

"No problem, Song Lingshu. I'm glad you're okay!" A devious smile appears on your face.

"It..."

All womyn in the Empire are rounded up and put in chains, solely to provide food and sex to their male oppressors.

"Was..."

Men throughout the Empire embark on a frenzy of rape, testosterone and animalistic fury suddenly coarsing through their veins.

"My..."

Song Lingshu's body undergoes the agonizing process of foot binding as she screams in pain.

"PRIVILEGE"

You tower above her, above Master Zhang, above even the mightiest of the fabled Neanderthals, your penis becoming swollen and exploding in a shower of cum, drowning both her and the octuplets as she tries in vain to escape. But there is no escape. Not from privilege as vast as yours.

Last edited:

Baltika9

Arcane
treave, is Yuhua Hall the only resource we can expect to have access to? How strong is the criminal and unorthodox presence in the area?

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
You have the chance to stop by the Black Dragon Society on the way. Yangzhou is full of rogues if you know where to look, but since you guys went for pirates instead of merchants you don't really have the connections there except whatever you can get through Yuhua Hall.

Esquilax

Arcane
Dude, dont go baltika on us.

It's too late bro, now I will only vote for the choices that get us killed.

Anyways, back to the investigation:

“Didn’t Liuwu say something about that when he dropped by a few days ago? Right after he briefly blabbed about some Imperial constables guarding the Xiaoming Jiuyang manual being slaughtered by mysterious men-in-black.”

Now, while the guys that attacked the Imperial constables were disguised, I may have been too hasty in assuming that they were unorthodox. Mao Sanjiao's position at Qingcheng indicates that there are interests in the Court that have at least one guy in their pocket and able to do their dirty work. Might have been a group like the Black Dragon Society, but it could also have been certain scumbags in the orthodox world that did it. An unorthodox group is perhaps a bit more likely because it's less likely to be traced back to powerful, "respectable" people, but I don't think that we can rule anyone out.

You have the chance to stop by the Black Dragon Society on the way. Yangzhou is full of rogues if you know where to look, but since you guys went for pirates instead of merchants you don't really have the connections there except whatever you can get through Yuhua Hall.

Obviously our reputation in the orthodox world is the worst that it's ever been, but what is our reputation among more roguish circles? Are we considered too fucked up and unpredictable to work with because we're the Maniac's apprentice and we just do whatever the fuck we want?

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Now, while the guys that attacked the Imperial constables were disguised, I may have been too hasty in assuming that they were unorthodox.

The thing about men in black is that black clothes can be worn by anyone.

Obviously our reputation in the orthodox world is the worst that it's ever been, but what is our reputation among more roguish circles? Are we considered too fucked up and unpredictable to work with because we're the Maniac's apprentice and we just do whatever the fuck we want?

They like to trade in favours, and you'll have to demonstrate your goodwill first. They're more willing to give you a chance to prove yourself useful than the orthodox sects though.

See: Youxia City.

Esquilax

Arcane
The thing about men in black is that black clothes can be worn by anyone.

Precisely. I don't want to assume anything about the thieves.

And then no one ever spoke about Yuhua Halls again...

Okay, Youxia City was by far the biggest fucking disaster of this LP and it makes this recent failure of ours look like a minor inconvenience in comparison, but let's not get scared off just because treave said the "Y" word. The cops don't know who would have taken the manuals (though of course they might have clues), but the criminal world must be going absolutely fucking nuts over this. Given that criminals try to stay one step ahead of the police, they might have some unique information:

“Xu Jing, be careful about this. These manuals are not something to take lightly. People have died for them, entire families exterminated down to the last child and dog,” warns Miecao. “The last time they were sought, a hundred years ago, the entire jianghu was consumed in a bloodbath.”

The orthodox sects will be more subtle about their power games regarding the manuals, but I'm guessing that right now in Yangzhou the underworld will be on the brink of a war. With everybody trying to fuck each other over and the Black Dragon Society in the neighbourhood, there are plenty of leads there as well. Unlike the orthodox sects at Chang'an, at least criminal scum will work with us - we don't really have anyone we can think of that would work with us from the orthodox sects.

That being said, I don't really want to do favours for these fucks either, so I'm still on B. I also want a shot to begin turning things around with the Eight Sects as well. I just am not sure where the fuck we'd go for info after we've contacted Shun and Gao Ying (who also don't have access to a lot of information themselves).

Any ideas?

Last edited:

Sunnmøring

Novice
Oh, wow. That didn't work out well... at least the new technique seems to have decent potential. I'll vote CC as I don't want to rape her nor manipulate her best friend into sexually assaulting her and I think it would be a bit of poor form to demand answers from Shun when we didn't meet with him for his request. We haven't said 'hi' to the reputable ladies of the hall for a while, either.

Absinthe

Arcane
I dunno, I'd love to be thrown into China's Civil War and fuck up Chiang Kai Shek and Mao Zhedong.
Could also be interesting to enter at the time of the Yihetuan Movement. Those folks actually believed in the power of martial arts, buddhism, tao, etc. to trump their foes armed primarily with guns and cannons. The results were rather unfortunate for them but if our narrative's Xu Jing were to suddenly drop in this kind of setting all hell would break loose.

Nevill

Arcane
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Okay, Youxia City was by far the biggest fucking disaster of this LP and it makes this recent failure of ours look like a minor inconvenience in comparison, but let's not get scared off just because treave said the "Y" word. The cops don't know who would have taken the manuals (though of course they might have clues), but the criminal world must be going absolutely fucking nuts over this. Given that criminals try to stay one step ahead of the police, they might have some unique information:
I am not afraid of it per se. It's just this decides where this will go for now. If you want to start fixing your reputation with the Eight Sects, if you want to make it up to Miazhou and Guo Fu for sticking their necks out for you, you would do well to avoid dealing with the Bandit Kingdom and the like. Making contacts there now is going to be a final nail in the coffin. Their favors don't come free, and with the kind of favors they ask I doubt Yifang and Lingshu will stick with you for much longer. You also have to keep your party tight - every one of your girls makes a perfect hostage that can be used to draw you out.

Qi Liuwu dropped you a lead to investigate. It is best to see what it is about while it is still fresh. If it turns out this requires the sort of information your sources don't have access to, perhaps you will have to do some investigating yourself.

Really, for me this mostly determines the stance on the recent happenings. We can't go "Forgive me, Wudand bros and Emei sis'!" and "Glory to the Bandit Kingdom!" simultaneously. We have to choose.

I think it would be a bit of poor form to demand answers from Shun when we didn't meet with him for his request.
Shun has a job for you. You decline the offer. Shun's agents get slaughtered. There is a chance to investigate it and either to find out what happened and who was behind the attack, or to return the manual (and thus deny it to our/Shun's enemies). We turn around "because it is poor form to press Shun for answers", as if we are the only ones interested in bringing this to light.

Welcome to the Codexian logic.

Last edited:
Without bothering to read anything after the update:

C > B; B > C

Nice work, the one thing Jing has never done before is go on an all out, Maniac style killing spree. It was the reason why we even had a few friends in the orthodox world. Until now that is. Ugh.

Akkudakku

Arbiter
Hmm after manxing dick rots off we can expose his raping ways and blame the disease on his actions. Then we say why we attacked him.
It should be proof enough.

Nevill

Arcane
Because you get STD exclusively by raping.
Because you have solid proof of him ever raping anybody.
Because your word carries so much weight right now.

I now begin to understand better why the previous choice won.

Akkudakku

Arbiter
Because you get sexual deseases exclusively by raping.
Because you have solid proof of him ever raping anybody.
Because your word carries so much weight right now.

I now begin to understand why the previous choice won.
Mostly because blood rage and skipping the Brown Wedding.

Cant change the votes now anyway.

Probably only way to clear our name is to get Shuns help...

Also Im flopping to xC, with no particular prefference upon lulz/nolulz.

Last edited:

Tribute

Arbiter
Really, for me this mostly determines the stance on the recent happenings. We can't go "Forgive me, Wudand bros and Emei sis'!" and "Glory to the Bandit Kingdom!" simultaneously. We have to choose.
I think I'll flop to B>C for the second choice. Should get to fixing this fuckup immediately.

Nevill

Arcane
Actually, we were offered a chance to stop by the BDS if we went with C. Jing have promised to himself to look for a way to expose them and to free the slaves they keep, and it bothered me greatly that we let them run amok for two years without lifting a finger. Perhaps a loud deed like that could sway the opinion about us for certain people. Still, since all of the choices invole the hunt for the manual, I expect that people would try and milk them for information and opportunities rather than outright destroy them, and I don't know if the latter is even possible for a single person.

And we still don't know if there are contacts in Yangzhou that would be willing to work with us on different terms than the ones Du Yao offered.

Tribute

Arbiter
I just want to get right on clearing our name with the Beggar Sect, and then hopefully having their information network spread the good word about us after the beating our reputation took because we weren't there to explain our actions/motives.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom