Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

[LP CYOA] 傳

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Perhaps you should ask the Amesha Spenta who were there about the explosions, that would be easier than getting any information from Kunlun, particularly since they now have a sample of gunpowder to work with. If you are eager to know, a letter can be sent via pigeon.

Chi Tianxie might be able to tell you something, but whether he wants to is another matter, and he's not close at the moment.

As for the rest, Gao Ying has zero reason to help you with this particular case.

Bai Jiutian... if you want to share your suspicions with him, it might be interesting. But that'd necessitate that you go find him, first. Why else do you think that choice is there? You're certainly not going to go discuss the manuals with him, but to talk more about orthodox politics coming off your run at Qingcheng.

Nevill

Arcane
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
treave said:
Bai Jiutian... if you want to share your suspicions with him, it might be interesting. But that'd necessitate that you go find him, first.
With the lead on the technique that we gave him, I am sure he will find us by himself soon enough.

Though whether he will be in a mood to talk is another matter.

Last edited:

Baltika9

Arcane
Perhaps you should ask the Amesha Spenta who were there about the explosions, that would be easier than getting any information from Kunlun, particularly since they now have a sample of gunpowder to work with. If you are eager to know, a letter can be sent via pigeon.
I'd like to to do that if we have the chance. Anything they can tell us will help.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
You can do it at any time. Once you send that pigeon out you'll probably need some time for it to return with a reply. If you send it now, it won't be back until the end of the Chang'an chapters, perhaps just before you are to set off for a new destination.

Though whether he will be in a mood to talk is another matter.

It would be easier to talk about such things when he isn't yet fully convinced you have the skill and might want to tease some information out of you to be sure. The both of you would have something to offer the other, making for a tense and strange but perhaps workable relationship.

Last edited:

Baltika9

Arcane
Sounds like something we ought to put to a vote in the next update. Who knows what we will find here, perhaps we will need that pigeon for something more important. Or maybe not, the info it brings can be discussed with Qi Liuwu before we leave, provided we find him.

Yeah, it's either we play politics and get the Cult lukewarm acceptance in China, which Jing is apparently not suited for at all, or we do what we do best: kick ass and take names, playing up ours and our faction's fearsome reputation and become Those Guys You Don't Want To Fuck With, while building connections with factions like the Wudu Cult.

Nevill

Arcane
The both of you would have something to offer the other, making for a tense and strange but perhaps workable relationship.
Mmm... a tense and strange relationship with Miss Bai sounds promising. If only the 'Dex didn't have a hard-on for dudes without arms or testicles. :(

Rex Feral

Prophet
What? Discuss about plots and conspiracies?

I propose we accuse Nie Wuxing of being the actual mastermind behind the Fire Cult, Ahura being only his lackey, who gladly gave his life to ensure neutralization of all who might oppose Nie's master plans.

Come on it would make sense why he didn't attack back then when Ahura reappeared and took Qilin hostage, or how he survived the fight with him :lol:

Baltika9

Arcane
Look who's talking, you're the one arguing against going to visit Miss Bai in her bedroom.
:rpgcodex:

Baltika9

Arcane
With all this talk of how ill-suited Jing is to politics and conspiracies, which is absolutely true, I wonder if we can just play to our strengths and fight our way into being accepted into the jianghu by kicking all the orthodox asses that come after us, treave?

I don't mean Ahura's method of completely replacing the Sects, but making them acknowledge and accept us as a faction and force to be reckoned with in their world.

Rex Feral

Prophet
With all this talk of how ill-suited Jing is to politics and conspiracies, which is absolutely true, I wonder if we can just play to our strengths and fight our way into being accepted into the jianghu by kicking all the orthodox asses that come after us, treave?
I don't mean Ahura's method of completely replacing the Sects, but making them acknowledge and accept us as a faction and force to be reckoned with in their world.

The day we will be able to defeat any pugilist, or at least match Ahura or Wang, that will be the day when we can do this.

Baltika9

Arcane
The day we will be able to defeat any pugilist, or at least match Ahura or Wang, that will be the day when we can do this.
I don't think it will be so simple. Even Ahura and Wang wouldn't be able to take on the whole jianghu by themselves. We can personally kick a lot of ass at that level, but if it comes down to a full-scale "Orthodox Sects vs Fire Cult" war, then we will have to drag our whole faction into it, shitty fighters and all, and win.
Which is why I want to get us some allies from the other factions in China, to increase our chances. I was hoping that we could help get Lingshu into power and start building connections, but now that we've tanked her rep, it's a moot point.

Rex Feral

Prophet
Possible ally factions?

The Bandit Kingdom, for one, though I doubt they are pro Shun, and I hate making friends of his enemies.

Yuhua Hall is also a good bet, and would make a good asset but they'd work mostly as an information network.

And then, there are the Wudu, though I doubt they'd get in, if it isn't profitable for them.

Minamoto are gone, Ashina are dead and scattered, Luoying manor was burned to the ground.

If we could find Lady Ji, I think she could help us a bit here.

Nevill

Arcane
I was hoping that we could help get Lingshu into power and start building connections, but now that we've tanked her rep, it's a moot point.
I have to say, Miss Song have taken to our failure remarkably well. I expected her to be less understanding. Or perhaps she is just the cheerful type that doesn't dwell on these things.

I am glad to have her on our team, with or without the sect behind her. I wonder how she would take the news of our firelordship. If she accepted the fact that we were the disciple of Yao and does not hold it against us or his granddaughters, would she be able to dismiss us leading the Evil Cult (TM) just as easily?

I'd rather not let her wander off alone in search of the adventures now that she is associated with our name. People are about to get crazy very soon. If she gets in trouble, Yifang will rush to her aid, drawing Cao'er and Jing after her. It is best that she would travel with us from now on.

Tribute

Arbiter
Baltika9 said:
I was hoping that we could help get Lingshu into power and start building connections, but now that we've tanked her rep, it's a moot point.
I'm hoping we can still do that, given that was the whole point of picking the "take her with us" option.

How we're going to do that I don't know, but having completely fucked her over does not sit right with me at all.

Nevill

Arcane
We are not doing her any favors reputation-wise by traveling with her, you know? Her image will only get worse from now on, and when our identity as a Fire Lord will be revealed, well...

She is still better off with us than being married to Sanjiao, so I guess that is a consolation.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Eh, might as well close the votes, I guess. I think HAC wins.

I have to say, Miss Song have taken to our failure remarkably well. I expected her to be less understanding. Or perhaps she is just the cheerful type that doesn't dwell on these things.

Partly her natural sunny disposition, and partly because you have CHA 7, so there's a bit of leeway there.

Tribute

Arbiter
We are not doing her any favors reputation-wise by traveling with her, you know? Her image will only get worse from now on, and when our identity as a Fire Lord will be revealed, well...

She is still better off with us than being married to Sanjiao, so I guess that is a consolation.
Yeah, I just don't like doing wrong by the people we like.

Same reason we need to figure out how to make it up to Guo Fu and the Wudang bros.

Nevill

Arcane
Partly her natural sunny disposition, and partly because you have CHA 7, so there's a bit of leeway there.
Did we tell her about the reason why we wanted manxing dead? Did she believe us, considering he had the poisoned vest on and an afrodisiac at the ready?

Song Lingshu frowns, clearly shaken by what Zhang has just said. “Young Master Bai would never…” she whispers, her fists balling up tightly. Then, she looks at you and says, “Xu Jing, can we just beat them up and go, already?” Her tone is impatient and you can sense a thirst for battle in her movements. “This creep has had a beating a long time coming.”
Also, what does she think about the reason manxing have followed us? I was under the impression that she didn't buy his story, because it pictured her love BJ in a not so positive light. Or perhaps she has her suspicions and can accept the fact that Bai have sent manxing for us to kill him? It would have been easier for her if she believed he was a scum of the lowest sort that Bai could not directly deal with, but this level of reasoning is probably beyond her white-and-black worldview.

Or does she, being the airhead that she is, simply prefer not to think about these things too hard?

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Did we tell her about the reason why we wanted manxing dead? Did she believe us, considering he had the poisoned vest on and an afrodisiac at the ready?

She'll believe Jing about that, especially after Qilin talks to her. But she would still prefer to bring him to trial for his rapey ways because rape doesn't get you a death penalty by the current laws of the country. She is fine with delivering him to trial with his limbs broken, though. She doesn't know what Qilin did yet, and Jing doesn't think it's a good idea to tell anyone ever.

Also, what does she think about the reason manxing have followed us? I was under the impression that she didn't buy his story, because it pictured her love BJ in a not so positive light. Or perhaps she has her suspicions and can accept the fact that Bai have sent manxing for us to kill him? It would have been easier for her if she believed he was a scum of the lowest sort that Bai could not directly deal with, but this level of reasoning is probably beyond her white-and-black worldview.

Or does she, being the airhead that she is, simply prefer not to think about these things too hard?

There's a bit of doubt in her heart about Bai now, but she isn't thinking about it further for now. However, there's room for that doubt to grow if Bai takes further actions that don't fit her image of him.

Nevill

Arcane
Wait, when did we upgrade our qinggong? I felt so bad we passed it up, but we ended up getting it anyway.

There's a bit of doubt in her heart about Bai now, but she isn't thinking about it further for now. However, there's room for that doubt to grow if Bai takes further actions that don't fit her image of him.
Beautiful. :)

Cao'er
Shouwang Claws Style Three
:hmmm:

Cao'er ended up the best fighter in the bunch.

Last edited:

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Wait, when did we upgrade our qinggong? I felt so bad we passed it up, but we ended up getting it anyway.

Here:

Wuxiang Qiankun Skill (無相乾坤功, Formless Universe Skill)
Level 1: A legendary neigong technique that births form from formlessness, allowing the user to imitate both the form and essence of another’s techniques even if it would normally require years of practice or decades of inner strength cultivation. You are able to mimic the techniques of practitioners with a lower level of internal energy when in an orderly state. You are now able to still and harmonize your breathing and your qi to almost unnoticeable levels, improving your control of your qinggong (+1 Sneak, +2 qinggong).

I think I did mention that the skill mimicking isn't everything that Wuxiang Qiankun has in his repertoire somewhere, though I don't recall which page it is on. As you continue to focus on developing it, even if it doesn't hit a level up yet you'll get stuff like +neigong, +skills, and also improvements to the way you can execute certain techniques etc.

Cao'er
Shouwang Claws Style Three
:hmmm:

Cao'er ended up the best fighter in the bunch.

Just the third style, not that she got everything else before it. Grappling suits her better because she adapted the technique to aim for the crippling pressure points near the tendons, allowing her to render a limb totally paralyzed within a second of grabbing it since she doesn't have the strength to match up to other fighters in a straight fight.

In terms of actual skill it's still Yifang > Lingshu > Qilin > Cao'er.

Once/If you get Yunzi and Armaiti, they'll be added to the list too. I'll try to give chances to train the girls between every arc.

Last edited:

Nevill

Arcane
treave said:
Just the third style, not that she got everything else before it.
Nah, I meant the overall divine skills in throwing weapons and pressure points. She is dangerous. Not quite what I expected when we first met her.

As for Shouwang Claws Style Three, for some reason the image of Cao'er executing Zhang Jue's techniques cracks me up. :D

Not to distract you from the update, but two more questions (the last ones for today, I promise):
What was the lecture Yifang promised us about? Is it too late for that?
Was Lingshu the one Jiutian got those fox leaves from back at the Young Tigers Tournament? I am trying to gauge how Jiutian views Lingshu, since he mentioned he got them from a 'precious friend'.

Last edited:

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Nah, I meant the overall divine skills in throwing weapons and pressure points. She is dangerous. Not quite what I expected when we first met her.

As for Shouwang Claws Style Three, for some reason the image of Cao'er executing Zhang Jue's techniques cracks me up. :D

Not to distract you from the update, but two more questions (the last ones for today, I promise):
What was the lecture Yifang promised us about? Is it too late for that?
Was Lingshu the one Jiutian got those fox leaves from? I am trying to gauge how Jiutian views Lingshu, since he mentioned he got them from a precious friens.

Cao'er's Immortal Eyes are now solidly past 10 PER, helping her achieve wonders in those skills. She can hit a fly with a needle if she wants to.

Yeah, you'd have gotten it if you had stayed at Emei back before the timeskip. It was actually a full hour of Buddhist preaching, regardless of what was claimed before... so, lucky escape there, I figure?

Yes. Though he could be lying about the friend part for his public image.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom