Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

[LP CYOA] 傳

Esquilax

Arcane
“Ah, yes, of course you would have fought him,” nods Qi Liuwu. “He used to be a cook at the temple. One day he injured the Abbot and escaped from Shaolin. Apparently he learnt some of their techniques without permission.”

Wait, treave, was this Xuxian guy a Shaolin monk or just a servant that worked there? I mean, before he found the manual, of course. If he wasn't a pugilist before, but he managed to become strong enough to injure the Abbot and develop a neigong as powerful as the likes of Vairya and Master Zhang even with only part of the Nine Yang Divine Skill manual (!), then this thing is absolutely fucking nuts.

Going to Shaolin is an interesting option; returning the manual to them is definitely one way to make up for what happened at Qingcheng. However, the downside is that we have to leave Chang'an when we just got here, and worse yet, it doesn't solve the problem of whoever that killed the constables running around with a full set of the manual.

“Anyway, my nephew told me that his agents managed to track down and uncover that manual in an old temple just south of Chang’an, hidden behind a Buddhist statue. It was sent to a safehouse for his constables to guard. He hoped to use secrecy as his primary defense, but apparently there is a leak somewhere, compromising his efforts. The constables on duty were no match for the assailants. I do not know much more than this; only the Imperial Constables have access to further information.”

Whoever took the manual from the constables is far more dangerous than Xuxian. They had access to secret information, and on top of that, they were able to kill the constables who were guarding it with ease. And unlike Xuxian, they have the full set, so they're without a doubt the bigger threat.

As for Qi Liuwu's tip about the meeting of the holders of the Ten Great Swords:

Chengying Sword
A delicate sword with a light, flexible blade. Its maker is unknown, but the history of the sword dates back to the Shang Dynasty, more than two thousand years ago. In the hands of a skilled user, the blade appears almost invisible in action. It was rumoured to be in the possession of the Xiahou clan, a family of bureaucrats and scholars, but since the massacre of the clan the sword has gone missing.

treave, has Xiahou Yu found his family's killers yet, or are they still on the run? Attending this conference might give us a chance to finally find out who did it.

archaen

Cipher
Patron
I think we use our new sneak skill to get into Shaolin and get our neigong up. The faster we can get it up the quicker we can use our broken skill against anyone we meet. It will be what wins us the big battle at the end of the year.

AD>AA

Nevill

Arcane
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Why are we in such a hurry to leave Chang'an that we can't meet the constables or Bai Jiutian, and yet we think we can afford to spend several days upgrading one of the techniques to a mediocre level (at half-strength)?

I'd rather not jump from one location to the other until we have done something meaningful there. Else we just spend the year running from mountain to mountain.

Baltika9

Arcane
Whoever took the manual from the constables is far more dangerous than Xuxian. They had access to secret information, and on top of that, they were able to kill the constables who were guarding it with ease. And unlike Xuxian, they have the full set, so they're without a doubt the bigger threat.
I smell a Grand Eunuch.

Nevill

Arcane
I have just realised. If B has us sneaking inside Bai Jiutian's bedroom, will we finally be able to determine once and for all what gender he/she is by all the undergarments lying around? That alone should be worth it.

And if she is a woman, well, we have just secured Song Lingshu romance.

Elfberserker

Liturgist
I just realised. If B has us sneaking inside Bai Jiutian's bedroom, will we finally be able to determine once and for all what gender he/she is by all the undergarments lying around? That alone should be worth it.

And if she is a woman, well, we have just secured Song Lingshu romance.

B-but don't women have supernatural senses detecting foreign presence in their territory? Besides there won't be any undergarments lying around , if BJ is a woman. Looking for perfumes and other hygienic products is much better bet for determining the gender.

ScubaV

Prophet
A - Mmm shiny!
B - I was going to go A here, but I wouldn't mind meeting BJ again, if only for a chance to kick his ass.

Nevill

Arcane
B-but don't women have supernatural senses detecting foreign presence in their territory?
We are going in there to speak to him/her. Why would we care if he/she finds us?

But I really, really want to get BJ working on bringing Wuxing down.

Elfberserker

Liturgist
B-but don't women have supernatural senses detecting foreign presence in their territory?
We are going in there to speak to him/her. Why would we care if he/she finds us?

But I really, really want to get BJ working on bringing Wuxing down.

If he\she senses us then he\she might able to cover up all the leads about what gender BJ is, before we are able to talk with it.

Absinthe

Arcane
AA

Shaolin doesn't seem like a good idea because we're at -25 and we want their secret legendary technique, when they might not even have the whole manual. Anyone thinking to stealth in there doesn't realize that the Shaolin Library is the most heavily guarded place in the orthodox world so we would probably need 10 stealth to sneak in unless we want to be like Xuxian and have a legitimate reason to be in the area and know the guards and their patterns. In other words, we could get near the manual, but I don't think we'll actually get to see the manual. Also, I think Qi Liuwu could really use the Wuying Leipo Kick, so this might wind up making a difference in the future.

Constables is our best lead at the moment on the whole manual, and they should still be investigating it.

I don't see why we should risk life and limb for the first part of the manual when we have better leads.

Last edited:

Jester

Arbiter
vote
1)A - i think he will crack and tell deal with our friendly cannibal.
2)A - Time to go dirty harry on some people. Would be interesting to see Cao as Sherlock Holmes.

Last edited:

Baltika9

Arcane
I suppose it only makes sense that if we spend some time with Qi Liuwu and give the man some self-defense tools, that we go to the Constables right afterwards and start tracking down the manual. Having a Diorina in our harem isn't the smartest of ideas anyway. Flopped to 2A.

TOME

Cuckmaster General
AA. If Qi is working with Shun then he deserves our help.

profreshinal

Arcane
AA

I'd teach Liuwu the techniques as a gift for being so bro. But since it's customary to answer gifts with gifts a trade of gifts is also good.

I want to explore one more lead that's actually in Chang'an.

treave How secret are our ties with Shun still? Manxing knows, is it common knowledge in imperial court circles? Liuwu also knows. But has this knowledge found it's way to some of other orthodox sects?

Akkudakku

Arbiter
I'm going to vote AA>AB. Constabulary should be the safer route, but a talk with Bai might be insightful, somewhat.
The old man deserves to be able to defend himself, and the palms will come in useful, someday.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom