Official RPG Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

[LP CYOA] 傳

Discussion in 'Choose Your Own Adventure Land' started by treave, Aug 29, 2013.

1. Baltika9 Arcane

Baltika9
    Ain't that the truth. What we did was prove that all the rumors about us being a murderous bastard were true (hey, at least we're not a rapist :lol: ), and now there are only two solutions:
    Take it and move on (and hey, we were a murderer before this, no problems with killing), let the haters hate and let us take care of our business. Time and future goodwill will make up for this.
    Or become a monk, swear off our past life and accept the Orthodox Way, which, for many reasons, isn't an option for us.
    Is that about right, or am I missing some options here?

^ Top  
  2. Absinthe Arcane

Absinthe
    Still, if we publicly challenge him, then Yunzi could find us. We could just issue a public challenge like "We'll be in spot X in 10 days. Be there if you're a man." then disappear until then. No need to expose ourselves the entire time.

^ Top  
  3. treave Arcane Patron

treave
    Codex 2012
    You could massacre the entire clan, using their own skills to do so. In that case, no one would recognize the Southern Maniac's moves.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  4. Absinthe Arcane

Absinthe
    Quick question: They're not of any relation to Zhang Jue, are they?

^ Top  
  5. Baltika9 Arcane

Baltika9
    Didn't they recognize our qi in the Four Lions even though we used their own formation/techniques against them?

^ Top  
  6. Absinthe Arcane

Absinthe
    We also used Bloody Diamond Horn on one of them.

^ Top  
  7. Fangshi Arcane

Fangshi
    Is the solution to our murdering problem really more murder?

First step to getting out of a hole is usually to stop digging. :lol:

^ Top  
  8. treave Arcane Patron

treave
    Codex 2012
    Your killing blows weren't dealt using the formation's attacks.

Nope, not related to Zhang Jue.

^ Top  
  9. Absinthe Arcane

Absinthe
    But if you keep digging long enough, you can come out at the other side of the world. And this way you get to prove the world is a sphere. It's good for the scientific method.

Besides, when all you have is a spade...

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  10. Fangshi Arcane

Fangshi
    :lol: Alright I will grant you that. But we might need a bigger shovel.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  11. Rex Feral Liturgist

Rex Feral
    treave what would have happened if we turned into a toad (back when we still could) ? Would we have remained like that indefinitely until someone would have exorcised us or would it wear off after a while?

^ Top  
  12. *sigh* You bros never can pick the simple option, can you? I say to run and you have a 10 page guilt trip about killing the guy for great justice that convinced even me in the end. I say "cure" the helpless maiden and you want to go all the way to Zhang's hometown for the cure. When, when will you all learn to listen to Lambchop? I'm a veteran treave LPer. I have preternatural treave LP instincts, bros.

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  
  13. Kz3r0 Arcane Sad Loser

Kz3r0
    Sounds like a plan, I like it.
    For me our murdering problem is related to the lack of actual murder not our reputation, we should improve that, no I don't mean our reputation.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  14. treave Arcane Patron

treave
    Codex 2012
    Journey to Chang’an

You sit in the room alone, meditating. At least, you try to – your attention wanders to the two girls, Yifang and Lingshu. Taking your advice, Yifang had decided to spend more time with Cao’er in order to strengthen their sisterly bonds. A message from Yao and Miecao indicated that they approved of this decision – nothing would please them more than to see their two granddaughters get along.

Miss Song, on the other hand…

“Thank you.”

You open your eye, glancing at Song Lingshu. “I wasn’t aware that I did anything that required thanking,” you say.

“Well, I was… affected by that powder…” she says awkwardly. “I had expected you to take advantage of me, but you didn’t.”

You arch an eyebrow in surprise. Her face turns red as she is unable to meet your gaze. “Miss Song, what do you take me for? I might be a killer, but I would not stoop to that sort of behaviour.”

Though Lingshu frowns as she remembers the corpses of Zhang Manxing’s bodyguards, she takes a deep breath and then laughs brightly. “That’s right. Besides, you wouldn’t lust after me when you already have two beautiful women by your side,” she teases.

“If you think that I wasn’t tempted, then you would be wrong. But it wouldn’t have been right in that situation," you say, grinning.

“O-oh.” She seems stunned by your words, but plays it off quickly as she composes herself and moves on to the next topic… one that you had been dreading. “Regardless, Xu Jing, I have something to ask you. Are you… were you the Killer Physician’s apprentice?” Her face is serious now. Deadly serious.

You nod. There is no point hiding it; not that you were actually hiding it from her. She has already heard about it from Yifang. “Yes, I am.”

She sighs. “What a day it is. Fate is ludicrous. To think that my best friend is the granddaughter of my father’s killer, her twin is his apprentice that I once captured, and the only boy outside of Qingcheng that I got along with is also his disciple.”

“When you put it like that, yes, it does sound ludicrous. Perhaps you should pray to the gods to change your fate.”

She continues, “I am not going to forgive Yao Shunshi for my father’s death. I can understand if he tried to take my life, in accordance with his principles, but he should not have killed my father, the very man he had just cured.”

“You have heard the whole story, right?” you ask. You wonder why she is talking about this to you, when you have not been his apprentice in a while and his two granddaughters were right out there, in the other room.

“Yes, but that does not make it any better. If he truly wanted to take my father’s life in recompense for my own, then why did he not do so at the time? Why did he wait so long, until my father was forced to call upon him again, to strike, so that he could kill both of us, father and daughter? Is that not purposely cruel and vengeful?” Lingshu is angry; it seems that she can be rather hot-tempered.

“I do not presume to guess what Master Yao had in mind, but your father was not pressured into calling him. No one forced Master Song to call upon the Killer Physician again.”

“Still-“

“Even if he had killed Master Song seven years ago, would you have accepted it? Would you have not sworn vengeance against the one who took your father’s life?” You get up from the bed as Lingshu stares defiantly at you.

“It would have been better,” she says stubbornly.

“Better that you did not get the chance to spend another five years with your father, or better that Master Yao would not have returned and asked for your life in payment?”

“I-“

“Your father knew what my master’s payment was going to be. Those are my master’s code, the principles that he lives by.”

“They are wrong principles. One should not ask for a life to save a life.”

“Nevertheless, they are his principles, and he does not save a life unless he is asked to. He did not come knocking on Qingcheng’s door, asking to be allowed to save you or your father.”

“He didn’t need to save me-“

“That’s what you think. Your father evidently thought different. He also thought that he could force my master to break his principles through bribery or violence.”

Lingshu’s eyes flash dangerously at your words about her father, but this is something you have to say now that the subject has been raised. You press on.

“Master Song was concerned for your life at the time, but does that mean he gets to trample over the principles of another man? One that he invited into his house, knowing full well the price he had to pay?”

“No, he should not have, but-“

“Or are you really thinking Master Yao should have killed your father all those years ago, so that he would not return later and threaten your life?”

She gasps, as if the very thought is an affront to her. She does not make any sort of retort, however. After a long, awkward silence, she nods. “Yes, that is what I wanted to hear,” she says quietly. “That is why I brought this matter to you, instead of arguing with Yifang. She would not have said it. I’m a bit of a hypocrite, aren’t I?”

“Everyone is. Are you feeling better now, Miss Song?”

“I am, but this doesn’t mean I can forgive my father’s death. I know it sounds weird, but…”

“It still has nothing to do with Yifang or Cao’er.”

Her usual, bright smile returns. “I know that. Don’t worry, I never blamed them for my father’s death. I just needed to let loose and rant for a bit, or else I would have gone mad.”

“And you picked me as the target?”

“Who else? We are friends, aren’t we?”

“I’m glad to hear that.” Sighing, you pat her on the head. Lingshu unexpectedly lets out a little scream, her ears turning bright red as she leaps away from you.

It turned out that the aphrodisiac had been present in Lingshu’s body too long; she lasted far longer than any other girl would have thanks to Cao’er’s efforts to stabilize her condition. It had left her with heightened sensitivity; Cao’er was looking for a way to cure it, and has prepared medication that would temporarily suppress the symptoms as long as it is taken constantly, but it would take a while before she could walk around freely without being brought low by the touch of others.

That also meant that Song Lingshu had no other choice but to follow you to Chang’an.

The road to Chang’an is uneventful, and for once, you encounter no traffic mishaps. The calm journey allows you to further your studies.

A. You learn the animal-taming technique, Wudu Fushun, from Qilin. It might be good to have some animal servants in the future.

B. You learn a form of neigong from Qilin - while your streams are separated, you can allow your qi to take on a poisonous nature: Liedu Zhuanhua Skill (烈毒轉化功, Fierce Poison Transformation Skill), the Wudu Cult's basic neigong skill. It transforms the user's qi into one of a poisonous nature, allowing them to inflict crippling pain upon an opponent even when unarmed. It can also absorb all toxins, turning them into temporary fuel to strengthen the neigong of the practitioner, though at a cost of weakening the body in the long-term if overused.

C. You learn the Yuhe Finger from Cao’er. Now that you can manipulate your qi, you will be able to use it to heal others.

D. You learn the Qingcheng Stab from Yifang, incorporating it into your self-taught technique with the Yuchang Sword. As her skill with it is perfect, watching her demonstration will likely gain you a perfect understanding of the technique.

E. You learn the Guihe Formation from Yifang, asking her to demonstrate the possible variations for all six members to you until you have memorized it all and are able to execute it by yourself.

F. You learn the Qingzi Sword (青字劍, Green Letter Sword) from Song Lingshu, a swift swordplay that is heavily focused on offense; it is said to be one of the quickest sword techniques in the jianghu. Designed to be used in conjunction with the Chengzi Step to form the Qingcheng Sect's famous Qingcheng Jianwu combination technique.

G. You learn the Chengzi Step (城字舞, City Letter Step) from Song Lingshu, a defensive qinggong geared towards evading the attack patterns made by weapons, particularly those from the orthodox sects. Designed to be used in conjunction with the Qingzi Sword to form the Qingcheng Sect's famous Qingcheng Jianwu combination technique.

H. You meditate on Wuxiang Qiankun, attempting to advance your knowledge of the technique to a higher level now that you have had practical experience with it in a real fight.

A. You try to teach your techniques to the girls.

B. You don’t try to teach your techniques to the girls.

Upon your arrival in Chang’an, the first thing you do is to gather information.

Sneaking into the Imperial retreat, you learn that it has been granted to Xiahou Yu as a place of residence: he is not here at the moment, however, having taken Liu Chanfeng back to Yangzhou to visit her old friends at Yuhua Hall. The secret carvings you share with Shun have had a new, fresh line added: it tells you of the password you will need to gain access to the headquarters of the Imperial Constabulary, and reminds you not to anger them too much, should you feel a need to visit.

Shun himself appears to be extremely busy at the moment, hammering out a newfound relationship with Tufan; Lhasa appears to be making some rather antagonistic overtures towards Tufan and the Tang. It would be best if you did not disturb him. It might be possible to get in contact with Gao Ying if you wanted to, though the very thought of asking him for help makes your stomach turn.

It turns out that the Beggars’ Sect headquarters is not a place that is easy to find, but you manage to narrow it down to a certain street after asking around. None of the beggars in Chang’an tell you of Qi Liuwu’s whereabouts; whether they truly do not know, or are covering it up, you are uncertain. You do find out that the beggar you met in Tufan, Jiu Mou, is in town, and an old beggar hints that he is your best shot at finding Qi Liuwu.

Bai Jiutian has returned to Huashan, while Zhang Manxing has gone to his family estate to rest from his exciting adventures in Tufan and Qingcheng.

And above all this, news of the Three Manuals is spreading fast: everyone has their pet theories on where they are and who has them; some even claim Zhang Jue possesses the Xuanming Jiuyin Holy Art – if he does, it is news to you.

A. You pay a visit to the Imperial Constabulary; if Shun told you the password, it’s clear that he’s allowing you to take a look. You’ll just have to remember to be polite.

B. You attempt to contact Gao Ying: he should know plenty about what is going on, thanks to his resources.

C. You get in touch with Jiu Mou. It is possible that he might know where Qi Liuwu is, if you get a chance to talk to him further. Besides, his presence in Tufan was suspicious.

D. You exit the city and visit Huashan: they are not likely to welcome you in, but that is what your sneaking skills are for. You would like to speak with Bai Jiutian further.

E. You pay your respects to the Zhang clan. You would have words with them on many, many matters. Perhaps they can come to a peaceful resolution...

Vote Tally (open)

Final Tally:

Technique:

ERYFKRAD - A>C
    Ganymede - H
    Azira - H>C>B>D
    TOME - H>E>C
    Nevill - H
    Rex Feral - H
    profreshinal - G
    Smashing Axe - B>D>F>G>E>H
    Baltika9 - D>H
    Elfberserker - D
    Kashmir Slippers - D
    Esquilax - D
    Fangshi - D>H
    Kipeci - H
    Akkudakku - H
    Ifeex - H
    Tribute - H>D
    Zero Credibility - D>H
    Absinthe - H
    XenomorphII - H
    Bloodshifter - G
    Lambchop19 - G>F>C>B>H
    Jester - C>D
    ScubaV - H
    Kz3r0 - H
    Grimgravy - G>F

A - 1
    B - 1
    C - 1
    D - 6
    E - 0
    F - 0
    G - 4
    H - 13

Post-flop:

A - 0
    B - 0
    C - 1
    D - 8
    E - 0
    F - 0
    G - 2
    H - 13

ERYFKRAD - B
    Ganymede - A
    Azira - A
    TOME - A
    Nevill - A
    Rex Feral - A
    profreshinal - A
    Smashing Axe - A
    Baltika9 - A
    Elfberserker - A
    Kashmir Slippers - A
    Esquilax - A
    Fangshi - A
    Kipeci - A
    Akkudakku - A
    Ifeex - A
    Tribute - A
    Zero Credibility - A
    Absinthe - A
    XenomorphII - A
    Bloodshifter - A
    Lambchop19 - A
    Jester - A
    ScubaV - A
    Kz3r0 - A
    Grimgravy - B

A - 24
    B - 2

ERYFKRAD - C>A>B
    Ganymede - B
    Azira - A>B>C
    TOME - C>A>B
    Nevill - C
    Rex Feral - B
    profreshinal - C
    Smashing Axe - D>C>A>B
    Baltika9 - C
    Elfberserker - A
    Kashmir Slippers - A
    Esquilax - B
    Fangshi - B>A
    Akkudakku - C
    Ifeex - B>C
    Tribute - B>C
    Zero Credibility - A>B>C
    Absinthe - A>B
    XenomorphII - C
    Bloodshifter - C
    Lambchop19 - B>A>D
    Jester - C
    ScubaV - C
    Kz3r0 - A
    Grimgravy - C

A - 6
    B - 7
    C - 11
    D - 1
    E - 0

Post-flop:

A - 3
    B - 10
    C - 12
    D - 0
    E - 0

Last edited: Mar 30, 2014
    • Brofist Brofist x 7
    ^ Top  
  15. ERYFKRAD Barbarian Patron

ERYFKRAD
    Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    Incidentally, Azira, voting C on the first? :)

Mine vote-
    A>C; B; C>A>B.

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  
  16. Nevill Arcane

Nevill
    Shadorwun: Hong Kong
    No. NO. Anything but those walls of text by Kipeci and Absinthe again...

:negative:

• Brofist Brofist x 7
    ^ Top  
  17. treave Arcane Patron

treave
    Codex 2012
    Yeah, that second vote makes more sense as A and B. Changing.

^ Top  
  18. ERYFKRAD Barbarian Patron

ERYFKRAD
    Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    They're an issue only if you read them.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  19. Nevill Arcane

Nevill
    treave, I might be missing something obvious here, but why does a heightened sensitivity mean that Lingshu has to follow us?

I am cursed. The DISCUSS beckons, and I have to answer its call.

^ Top  
  20. treave Arcane Patron

treave
    Codex 2012
    Cao'er is the only one that can prepare the medicine that works to suppresses her sensitivity at the moment, and is also probably the only person capable of devising a full cure that she knows of. Unless she likes getting turned on when the wind blows just a bit strongly, she's coming with you.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  21. Nevill Arcane

Nevill
    Are Tufan and Tang in an alliance through marriage? Did Shun marry princess Jinpa, or didn't he?

The letters for the first choice are mixed up - they go ABCDEDEF.

What techniques can we teach our girls? Aren't there limits to what each of them can learn due to different physical attributes? What are the drawbacks of this choice - less time for us or them to master something else, maybe?

^ Top  
  22. TOME Cuckmaster General

TOME
    Could we get better skill descriptions before we vote? Like what styles they incorporate, and maybe power levels compared to our existing skills?

Character sheet before new skills:
    Show Spoiler
    Character Sheet

Strength: 8
    Perception: 4
    Endurance: 5
    Charisma: 7
    Intelligence: 7
    Agility: 8
    Luck: 1

-----

Orthodoxy:
    -400 (Infamously Unorthodox)

Factions:

Ashina Tribe: +100 (Idolized)

Bandit Kingdom: -20 (Shunned)

Imperial Court: -50 (Disliked)

Songfeng Sword School: -95 (Hated)

Luoying Manor: +50 (Liked)

Beggars' Sect: +15 (Neutral)

Emei Sect: -35 (Shunned)

Qingcheng Sect: -50 (Disliked)

Wudang Sect: -15 (Neutral)

Shaolin Temple: -25 (Shunned)

Huashan Sect: -40 (Shunned)

Kunlun Sect: -50 (Disliked)

Taishan Sect: -50 (Disliked)

Wudu Cult: +50 (Liked)

Fire Cult: +25 (Accepted)

Yuhua Hall: +5 (Neutral)

Zhou Clan Manor: -70 (Disliked)

Minamoto Clan: +100 (Idolized)

Black Dragon Society: -50 (Disliked)

Tufan Kingdom: -50 (Disliked)

-100 Sworn Enemy
    -75 Hated
    -50 Disliked
    -25 Shunned
    0 Neutral
    +25 Accepted
    +50 Liked
    +75 Loved
    +100 Idolized

Titles:
    Fellow of Luoying Manor
    Champion of Young Tiger Martial Arts Tournament
    Lord of the Fire Temple
    ----

Combat Skills:

Axe - 0/7

Bows - 0/6

Saber - 4/8

Spear - 0/6

Staff - 0/6

Sword - 7/9

Thrown Weapons - 0/6

Unarmed - 8/8

Active Skills:

Artistic Skill - 2/7

Herbalism - 6/7

Pressure Points - 5/4

Sleight-of-Hand - 5/8

Sneak - 3/8

Traps - 0/7

Passive Skills:

Drinking - 1/5

Scholarly Knowledge - 4/7

Speech - 6/7

Neigong (Inner Strength) - 8/10

Qinggong (Light Body Skill) - 4/8

-----

Techniques:
    Basic Fist
    Basic Swordplay

Reikan. (霊勘, Spiritual Instinct) A technique that involves the use of qi in such a way that it augments the five senses of the practitioner. It is analogous to multiple similar techniques known by martial arts practitioners in the Central Plains. It requires a calm inner state to be used effectively, with the greatest effects being seen during meditation. (+3 Perception)

Kagemi. (影身, Shadow Body). A method of silent moving that melds well with your Kuanglang Step – Kuanglang Step will increase to a higher level, allowing you to be undetectable to all but an elite few. (Additional +2 Stealth to Kuanglang Step).

Ruanhong Zhusuo. (Crimson Spider Silken Ropes, 軟紅蛛索) A technique that relies on the Wudu Cult’s specially treated spider silk, which is as tough as steel. The threads can be used to enhance offense or defense in equal measure when wrapped tightly, and are extremely effective at binding enemies when unravelled.

Jueshi Wugong Sword Song. (绝世無功劍曲, Supreme No-Effort Sword Song) Devised by the swordplay genius Shangguan Chuji, this technique is a method of learning swordsmanship quickly that allows even the laziest, most talentless martial artist the potential to become skilled at the blade. (+1 Sword skill cap)

Combat
    Minamoto-ryuu Sword Style (源流劍術, Minamoto School Sword Style).
    Level 8:
    Splashing Tail of the Black Tortoise – A rapid attack that involves the use of the scabbard as a defensive measure, drawing the sheathed sword in a simultaneous slash in a style that combines both defense and offense.
    Leaf Dance of the Azure Dragon – A series of flowing, precise slashes linked together with graceful footwork so that it appears like a single move dancing around the opponent
    Fiery Flight of the Vermillion Pheasant – a sequence of six powerful slashes executed in quick succession as the user leaps forward, aimed at overwhelming their defenses.
    Golden Fangs of the White Tiger – a dangerous double-edged move that resheaths the sword mid-fight to expose the enemy’s weakness before counter-attacking at the last possible second with immense speed and power.

Wuying Leipo Kick (无影雷破脚, Shadowless Thunder-Breaking Kick).
    Level 8:
    Soaring Thunder Flash - A leaping move that allows you to travel far into the air at high speed: the basic foundation of the technique.
    Air Shadow Dragon's Tail - A series of kicks that allow you to rebound off an opponent, attacking from multiple angles.
    Earth Splitting Lightning Descent - A powerful downwards strike with your heel.
    Returning Wind Spear - A reverse spinning kick that uses the momentum of an opponent's attack to increase its power.
    Sand Storm Floating Lightning - A sweeping kick that knocks the target off their feet, followed immediately by a strong upwards kick that launches the target into the air.
    Shadowless Thunder Breaker - A rapid assault of twelve consecutive kicks carried out at blinding speed, so fast that they are rumoured to cast no shadow in their movement.

Xianglong Eighteen Palms. (降龍十八掌, Dragon Subduing Eighteen Palms).
    Level 2:
    The Arrogant Dragon Regrets - a weak palm strike that is humble and formless, allowing you to chain it smoothly into any form of movement for infinite variations.
    The Sky-Soaring Dragon - a leaping attack where you strike downwards with your palm from a high position.

Shouwang Mad Claws. (獸王狂爪, Mad Claws of the Beast King).
    Level 10:
    Style One - Golden Lion's Wild Beats - a mixture of swift overhead strikes and low sweeps, attacking with a circular movement.
    Style Two - Bloody Diamond Horn - a powerful forward thrust, targeted at the opponent's chest.
    Style Three - Diving Eagle Grip - a series of powerful grapples that emphasize on digging your fingers into the opponents tendons and locking their limbs in place.
    Style Four - White Tortoiseshell Breaker - a style of forming claws strong and sharp enough to puncture the defences of the opponent, no matter their ability.
    Style Five - Elusive Claws of the Hidden Tiger - deceptive claws that flow from the other styles to deliver a devastating counterattack.
    Style Six - Raging Claws of the Mad Lion - qi-enhanced swipes with the potential to tear up the earth and bring down trees in a wide swathe of destruction.

Chuzhan Fist (除斬拳, Dividing Sundering Fist).
    Level 2:
    Style One - The Parched Earth Cracks - a series of rapid, forceful straight punches that aim to keep the opponent off balance.

Self-Taught Style.
    Level 2:
    Pine-Cutting Sword - A swift, direct lunge aimed at overwhelming the opponent with strength and speed. Modified from the first step of the Songfeng Swordplay.
    Deceptive Fish Stab - A flexible and flashy three-step attack that involves luring the opponent into misjudging their distance, compounding their errors with an effective feint, and finishing them off with a quick stab. Works best with the Yuchang Sword.

Neigong
    Luanshi Wuchangdao (亂世無常道, Impermanent Way of the Chaotic World)
    Level 8: All flows from the Origin and returns to the Origin. Increases the power and speed of your attacks when activated, as well as heightening your durability and perception. You can birth order from chaos and form chaos from collapsing order, switching between the two states when necessary. The chaotic state is the default state of being, and easier to maintain. You are able to absorb the internal energy of others at a moderate rate when in physical contact when in a chaotic state. (+2 Strength, +2 Agility, +2 Endurance (Chaos), +2 Perception (Order))

Wuxiang Qiankun Skill (無相乾坤功, Formless Universe Skill)
    Level 1: A legendary neigong technique that births form from formlessness, allowing the user to imitate both the form and essence of another’s techniques even if it would normally require years of practice or decades of inner strength cultivation. You are able to mimic the techniques of practitioners with a lower level of internal energy when in an orderly state.

Qinggong
    Kuanglang Step. (狂狼步 Mad Wolf Step).
    Level 4: You can move quietly at running speed in normal surroundings and hold yourself still in shadows. You can also shrug off poor grapplers, tumble, roll and dodge acrobatically, as well as run up low walls. (+2 Sneak, +1 Agility)

Recipes
    Qi-Suppressing Pill
    Enervation Potion
    Three Poisons Powder
    Three Poisons Antidote
    Blood-Stemming Poultice
    Yao's Protective Ointment
    Herbal Remedy
    Yao's Lucky Laxatives
    Five Poisons Powder
    Five Poisons Antidote

Items:
    Fire Temple Pigeon
    Spiritual Suppression Talismans
    Wodao
    Wolf's Fang Amulet
    Yuchang Blade
    Special Five Poisons Powder
    Dagger

^ Top  
  23. Ganymede Learned

Ganymede
    HAB

You don't get the legendary technique and then neglect it. Investing in that shit now will have big payoffs down the line.

Of course we should teach the girls.

We haven't seen Gao in a while, I wonder how he'll react when we tell him who the new Lord of the Fire Cult is.

Last edited: Mar 29, 2014
    ^ Top  
  24. Azira Arcane Patron

Azira
    Codex 2012
    Oh ho-ho.. Choices.. Love them! :love:

I'm sorely tempted to go for the Yuhe finger. Imagine this; the southern maniac's disciple, notorious for being a vicious killer, suddenly travels the lands, healing people without asking for recompense. What should people think? All the descriptions match up, he does not try to hide his identity. He's a known killer, now a healer?!?
    To really mess with your enemy, be nice to them.
    Also, combine Yuhe Finger with option B, and you can poison people who think you're there to heal them... Devious, eh?

Then again, I also want to improve the "broken" technique. I feel a conditional vote coming up...

As to the second choice, Qilin and Cao'er are fiercely loyal to Jing. Yifang is close due to Cao'er. Song follows out of necessity. I'd like for them to become even better at protecting themselves.

Last choice, I want info first and foremost. Choices reflect this.

H>C>B>D

A

A>B>C

^ Top  
  25. TOME Cuckmaster General

TOME
    H>E>C; A; C>A>B for now.

Last edited: Mar 29, 2014
    ^ Top  

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.