Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

[LP CYOA] 傳

Baltika9

Arcane
A.
Little Tiger is a pure bro, it will hurt to break his heart by foiling the Bandit Kingdom's plans and taking the manual from undee their noses.
Something tells me that Xiaofang was involved in this assassination, on Gao's orders perhaps.

Nevill

Arcane
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Little Tiger is a pure bro, it will hurt to break his heart by foiling the Bandit Kingdom's plans and taking the manual from undee their noses.
Leave it to Baltika9 to bro it up with the shadiest of types. First it was BRO Yao, now it is BRO Xiaohu.

Despite his outgoing manner and friendly demeanor, he is still a psychotic killer who slaughters peoples for fun. The money he paid our lunch with were quite probably not his, and as far as his statement about friend's wives goes, this makes me think about people whom he does not consider his friends.

Yes, Jing kills people and cheats on husbands, too, but, well, there is a difference between what we tried to do with manxing and what Xiaohu did to Songtsu Taide, and there is a difference between adultery Jing committed with Madam Jiang and what we saw when we first set foot outside of the capital. The man is still a bandit that we managed to stay on the good side with, and it would be best if we didn't forget that fact, especially considering that we are working for the constebulary here.

Elfberserker

Liturgist
A

This is unsurprisingly shady situation, but at least we haven't particulate attracted nor done any misdeeds towards real players in Youxia city.

Tribute

Arbiter
A. Abandoning this plot hook here doesn't seem right, although I don't know how much help we'll actually be. We don't have Xiahou Yu around to put everything together inside of five minutes.

Hopefully our Speech skill will help out, at least.

And hey, at least we won't be blamed for the death since we weren't there when it happened for once.

Jester

Arbiter
Choice do you get out before it start getting fubar or stay?
B2 - for combo breaker, or will it be reversal?

Edit. Duck huh? Tempting...

Baltika9

Arcane
Leave it to Baltika9 to bro it up with the shadiest of types. First it was BRO Yao, now it is BRO Xiaohu.

Despite his outgoing manner and friendly demeanor, he is still a psychotic killer who slaughters peoples for fun. The money he paid our lunch with were quite probably not his, and as far as his statement about friend's wives goes, this makes me think about people whom he does not consider his friends.

Yes, Jing kills people and cheats on husbands, too, but, well, there is a difference between what we tried to do with manxing and what Xiaohu did to Songtsu Taide, and there is a difference between adultery Jing committed with Madam Jiang and what we saw when we first set foot outside of the capital. The man is still a bandit that we managed to stay on the good side with, and it would be best if we didn't forget that fact, especially considering that we are working for the constebulary here.
And leave it to Nevill to always be a hater.

Tribute

Arbiter
Hey, Baltika was also always for broing it up with the Fire Temple, and that worked out well for us.

Even if we might not be quite Chinese enough anymore for my personal tastes.

profreshinal

Arcane
You can't always be wrong even clocks that don't run anymore are sometimes right.

Jumping on the bAndwagon vote.

asxetos

Augur
Why are so many people calling that lunatic a bro?
He has done nothing bro-ish and deserves to see Jing's angry side for being a blood-thirsty sob. He will enjoy it too.

Nevill

Arcane
Hey, Baltika was also always for broing it up with the Fire Temple, and that worked out well for us.
Not until we axed their leadership. Before that, it would have worked out horribly.

I don't hate the man, he can be a useful partner, but the word 'bro' is thrown around far too often for my tastes. Guo Fu, Xiahao Yu, Shun, Lingshu and the like are bros. You can trust them with your life. Du Yao, Gao Ying, Bai Jiutian and Pang Xiahao aren't. At most they fall into an 'unlikely ally' category, but you would do well not to turn your back to them.

Esquilax

Arcane
I guess we should have gone A back there. I mean, we didn't get any duck. This is as bad as trying to kill Zhang Manxing.

Hindsight is 20/20 in situations like this. When Du Yao was alive, the idea of coming by to introduce ourselves to the man by pretending that we didn't know who Jiang Zheng was would be an incredibly stupid idea. Also, given the fact that Tang influence in this area meant that Du Yao wouldn't dare harm a single hair on the constable's head, A1 seemed to be sort of a waste as well. What would we be there for - to protect Jiang Zheng? From whom? I guess that left A3 for an infiltration mission, which was probably the best of the three, but such a move felt needlessly risky given the circumstances.

Shit hit the fan here, but I can't pin it on voter dumbfuckery in this particular case.

BRO Yao kept Youxia city independent and stable, and knew how to counterbalance both the Bandit Kingdom and the Tang. With him dead and a new power vacuum being formed, things are very bad indeed. Speaking of which, I have a theory on this situation:

“However, they do have close relations with Du Yao of the nearby Youxia City, who was once the shidi of Li Yixian before he entered service with the court. They maintained that relationship even after he left the sect,” says the girl. “Still, I think it is strange that they would leave such an obvious trail leading back to them.”
In fact, the news has already spread enough that the commander of the garrison is said to have mobilized three thousand of his men to march towards Youxia, especially since it has become known that the Little Tiger of the Bandit Kingdom just led a few hundred men into the city the night before.

The remnants of Du Yao’s operation, more concerned with keeping both sides in a non-violent truce – or at least, non-violent by the standards of Youxia City – would not act rashly. Du Yao’s death has left a vacuum at the top, and any hasty action on their part now might leave them without a city to govern when the dust settles. It would be in their best interests to conduct a fair trial, one that satisfies both the Tang and the Bandit Kingdom.

So Du Yao's murder, allegedly at the hands of Jiang Zheng would weaken Tang influence in Youxia City. Yet the thieves who stole the manual lured him into Youxia City in the first place. The constables were lured in here with the intention of framing them for murdering Du Yao. The end goal was probably to weaken Shun's rule, though if it's the Bandit Kingdom or an inside job by one of the Grand Eunuchs, I don't know. I'm suspecting the latter because that would be the person most likely to know where the manual was hidden.

Anyways, I'm too intrigued. Now it's time for is to get in way over our heads and get everyone killed in an utterly humiliating fashion.

A

Nevill

Arcane
BRO Yao kept Youxia city independent and stable, and knew how to counterbalance both the Bandit Kingdom and the Tang. With him dead and a new power vacuum being formed, things are very bad indeed.
So did BRO Ahura with the Fire Cult, keeping the ortodontists out with just a mention of his name. A shame we murdered him, really.

Baltika9

Arcane
Ahura tried to steal our women, Xiaohu just declared our girls to be his sisters. Big difference.

Esquilax

Arcane
Why are so many people calling that lunatic a bro?
He has done nothing bro-ish and deserves to see Jing's angry side for being a blood-thirsty sob. He will enjoy it too.

He looks after his men, doesn't take shit from nobody and has a certain sense of honor... of a sort. Don't let anyone harm your bro and don't fuck another BRO's woman - not a bad moral code to follow. The guy's a vicious killer, sure, and we might be in conflict very soon, but I can't say I hate the guy. He may have killed a man in the Dukezong battle royale, but kills were allowed in that tournament, even if the sort of intentional killing that Pang Xiaohu did was considered shameful. Don't step into a tournament that allows kills if you aren't willing to run the risk of fighting some psycho who will try to kill you.

asxetos

Augur
He looks after his men, doesn't take shit from nobody and has a certain sense of honor... of a sort. Don't let anyone harm your bro and don't fuck another BRO's woman - not a bad moral code to follow.
Its doubtful he actually follows that code though. We already messed up his bro and are using him as a table. That doesnt go against his code? I think he just wants to avoid a fight, that's why he is being friendly and doesnt mess with the girls because he saw our killing intent vs zhang.

The guy's a vicious killer, sure, and we might be in conflict very soon, but I can't say I hate the guy. He may have killed a man in the Dukezong battle royale, but kills were allowed in that tournament, even if the sort of intentional killing that Pang Xiaohu did was considered shameful. Don't step into a tournament that allows kills if you aren't willing to run the risk of fighting some psycho who will try to kill you.
Thats a pretty shitty excuse to indulge his bloodlust and get away with it.

There is nothing honest or bro-like with this guy.
The only half-decent thing he did was pay for our dinner.

Baltika9

Arcane
Pang Xiaohu, afraid of a fight? What?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom