Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

[LP CYOA] 傳

Baltika9

Arcane
The daughter was the first one on the scene, her account is vital.

a cut of domestic sheep prime

A. Xu Jing 8, 2
B. Chi Qilin 2, 8
C. Cao'er 1, 5
D. Yifang 7, 3
E. Song Lingshu 7, 3
F. Lady Suien 5, 1
G. Fu Xia 6, 4
Huh. Missed this. Also, it coincides with what I wanted to vote almost exactly.

A. Xu Jing 2, 8
B. Chi Qilin 2, 3
C. Cao'er 1, 5
D. Yifang 7
E. Song Lingshu 7
F. Lady Suien 1, 5
G. Fu Xia 4

A. Xu Jing 2, 8
B. Chi Qilin 2
C. Cao'er 1, 5
D. Yifang 7,2
E. Song Lingshu 7,2
F. Lady Suien 1, 5
G. Fu Xia 4, 6

• Jing and Qilin are a good team. And both are pretty good at bending maidens to their will individually, but together they are unstoppable. They should be able to get her to "talk".
  • As I said before, Jing is probably the best person to question the constable. He has the clout because of his relationship with Shun, as well as the speech skills to make him spill anything he might be hiding for reasons of national security Gao Ying etc.
  • I think it's a bit of a waste to team him with Qilin again here though and it might benefit us if she focuses on 3 instead - as she can no doubt get just as much info out of the servants as Jing could.
  • Cao'er and the bookworm should obviously do the PER-heavy investigative work as they are the best suited to it.
  • Yifang and Song should be good for finding Xiaofeng. They're a good team and should be able to cover a lot of ground together. Also, though they are hot-headed, I think that focusing them on a task should keep them under control.
  • Fu has been working as a constable for a while now, so he should know how to talk to these shady types by now.
  • I feel that 6 might be a time waster, so I'm excluding it. Rumors could be misleading - The Man Tiger Pig has killed over 1000 men, for example - and any relevant info should come up in our other questioning.

The daughter was the first one on the scene, her account is vital.
Actually, the chief constable was the first one on the scene. Both are pretty vital.

Last edited by a moderator:

Nevill

Arcane
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Lambchop19 said:
I feel that 6 might be a time waster, so I'm excluding it. Rumors could be misleading - The Man Tiger Pig has killed over 1000 men, for example - and any relevant info should come up in our other questioning.
Rumors might be the thing that would help us connect the dots between Du Yao's murder and the Jinkong Sect. If anything, they help establish the motive behind the crime.

They are less relevant than facts, but you can hardly call them useless. Even from a rumor that MTP have killed 1000 men you can guess that MTP is a dangerous person that is not to be messed with, and that part is certainly true.

Rumors might be the thing that would help us connect the dots between Du Yao's murder and the Jinkong Sect. If anything, they help establish the motive behind the crime.
They could. However, I think that the people closest related to the crime would have more accurate rumors than the people on the street.
They are less relevant than facts, but you can hardly call them useless. Even from the rumor that MTP have killed 1000 men you can guess that MTP is a dangerous person that is not to be messed with, and that part is certainly true.
It is true, however, such a general rumor is more easily and accurately come by by asking people who know MTP.;)

Nevill

Arcane
They could. However, I think that the people closest related to the crime would have more accurate rumors than the people on the street.
That depends on what you are searching for. The people on the scene might have a reason to hide certain evidence and facts. People on the street do not.

It is true, however, such a general rumor is more easily and accurately come by by asking people who know MTP.;)
That's because you just took a general rumor as an example.

What would you know about MTP if you asked both Guo Fu and Bai Jiutian about him?

People on the street may not have a reason to hide things, but they are also far less likely to actually know things.
What would you know about MTP if you asked both Guo Fu and Bai Jiutian about him?
You'd obtain a description of his techniques, what he's like as a person, his general fighting level, maybe an example or two of his fighting level, known associates and alliances, that he's PROBABLY not a rapist etc - all of this is more useful in describing an accurate picture of us and takes far less time than asking around in hope of getting lucky (LUCK stat? Still 1.) and hearing the right rumor - and in Jings case, might actually describe him as something other than the rapey butcherer of men his legend makes him out to be.

edit: of course that depends on what exactly you ask and how willing Bai is to admit his/her crush. ;)

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Guo Fu: I may not be a smart man, but I know what a good man is.

Bai Jiutian: B-b-baka, it's not like I like him or anything!

Nevill

Arcane
all of this is more useful in describing an accurate picture of us and takes far less time than asking around in hope of getting lucky (LUCK Stat? Still 1.) and hearing the right rumor
Didn't take long for that agrument to surface, and it isn't even Jing who is handling the rumors. I rest my case.

Didn't take long for that agrument to surface, and it isn't even Jing who is handling the rumors. I rest my case.
Uh, huh. Well, while while you're letting it rest, my other points are burying it. Rest in peace, Mr quotes one part of my sentence and pretends it's my entire argument. :P

Nevill

Arcane
Look, I don't know if you can get the right picture of our person from asking Guo Fu and zhang manxing. Similarly, Cao'er treats us as a womanizer that can't pass up a skirt, while Song Lingshu was quite surprised by our modesty in handling her condition.

You will get vastly different accounts when you start asking around about a person. And in our case, you will be questioning the people closest to Du Yao, who might be biased in a certain way, or might be unwilling to reveal certain matters to the constables. People in the city have no such bias or fears. They represent the second side, a look from the outside of Du Yao's manor that might help you form an opinion.

There is no good reason not to have at least one person researching them.

Last edited:

Kz3r0

Arcane
A 3,7
B 6,7
C 1,5
D 2,8
E 2,8
F 1,5
G 3,4

The two have nothing much to say about Xiaofang. Suien doesn't seem interested in the personal life of her colleagues, but she does tell you he's good at charming other men with his helpless look. Fu Xia says he knows nothing, but also adds that Xiaofang sometimes does work for the eunuchs too, though he's sure it is minor stuff that doesn't harm the constables. The chief would know more, presumably.
We have already found the culprit, in searching for him we should be mindful that he can be dressed as a woman.

Last edited:

Look, I don't know you get the right picture of our person from asking Guo Fu and zhang manxing. Similarly, Cao'er treats us as a womanizer that can't pass up a skirt, while Song Lingshu was quite surprised by our modesty in handling her condition.

You will get vastly different accounts when you start asking ariound about a person.
As you question more people we know, you begin to get a more accurate picture and the things people are saying that are lies or inaccurate begin to become more and more obvious.

Manxing: Evil scoundrel and rapist.
Cao'er: always looking at skirts, but a good man. I love him.
Guo Fu: I may not be a smart man, but I know what a good man is.
Song: He's violent, but never did anything to me. He could have, but he didn't.

vs

Random person: I heard he's killed 100000 men.
Random person: I head he's raped more than Rance!
Random person: I heard he did both at the same time.
Random person: I heard he's gay.

Bah. Up to you whether you want to investigate it or not. We could luck out. I doubt it.

edit: really though, this was a minor point and not worth all this arguing.

Akkudakku

Arbiter
Flop:

A4,8
B6,7
C1,5
D7,2
E7,2
F1,5
G4,3

Jing talks with the Big Boss, he might get more out of him (he might lie to his men...) and plays the bad cop.
Qilin works the streets with Minsc and Boo Song and Yifang who also talk to Du Yao's daughter.
Cao'er and Lady Suien investigate the corpse and mansion for clues, should be easy for these two.
Fu Xia plays the good cop.

A. Xu Jing 8, 4
B. Chi Qilin 2, 3
C. Cao'er 1, 5
D. Yifang 7
E. Song Lingshu 7
F. Lady Suien 1, 5
G. Fu Xia 7, 6

Kz3r0

Arcane
But him being on Ying's side does not mean he is on ours. It is entirely possible that Ying wants to have an unfair trial to have Tang army invade Youxia City and put it back under Tang rule, for example.
Three thousand men mobilized, the boss of vice city killed, the eunuch agent of the eunuchs missing.
Coincidences?
I think not.

Nevill

Arcane
Three thousand men mobilized, the boss of vice city killed, the eunuch agent of the eunuchs missing.
Coincidences?
I think not.
No, this is hardly a coincidence. I believe he is important to the case. But is he the agent of the eunuchs, or of Gao Ying?
And really, the culprit? He might very well turn out to be one, but there is absolutely no evidence.

asxetos

Augur
A. 2, 7
B. 2, 8
C. 1, 5
D. 3, 7
E. 3, 8
F. 1, 5
G. 4, 6

Although i am not certain if Yifang+Song Lingshu should go after Xiaofang or if it should be Jing+Qilin.
Jing + Yifang go after Xiaofang.

Last edited:

Nevill

Arcane
Although i am not certain if Yifang+Song Lingshu should go after Xiaofang or if it should be Jing+Qilin.
Trusting two of the most gullible people with finding what some of us consider to be the most important lead in a city full of vice is bound to be good.

:avatard:

asxetos

Augur
I think i will remake the couples for the tasks 7 and 8 and have Jing go after Xiaofang with Yifang while Qilin handles the interogation with Song Lingshu

I think i will remake the couples for the tasks 7 and 8 and have Jing go after Xiaofang with Yifang while Qilin handles the interogation with Song Lingshu
What reason does the chief have to answer to them though? Jing at least knows Shun and the chief has been instructed to cooperate with us.

asxetos

Augur
What reason does the chief have to answer to them though? Jing at least knows Shun and the chief has been instructed to cooperate with us.
Being inocent is reason enough for him to want to cooperate and dont cause any problems to our investigation.

Nevill

Arcane
What reason does the chief have to answer to them though?
I think the fact that they want to bust his ass out of jail is reason enough, unless the chief is involved in something shady - and I, personally, don't believe in that.

Kz3r0

Arcane
The problem is that he has been made the scapegoat he won't know anything, this is why we should send the two dolts to speak with him and the boss' daughter, in this way we will prevent them to get in harm's way or cause trouble with tasks that hardly will gain us any insight even if we assign more skilled people to them.

What reason does the chief have to answer to them though?
I think the fact that they want to bust his ass out of jail is reason enough, unless the chief is involved in something shady - and I, personally, don't believe in that.
Assuming things about the character of a man we just met? He knew Yao and we know Yao was ALL KINDS of shady. Doesn't have to be the chief that's shady here though. There could be something he'd hold back relating to Xiaofang or the manual that Jing alone could get out of him. Who knows - he may willingly be being made a scapegoat because he's been led to believe it's to protect the empire in some way.

Plus, this guy knew Yao personally. If anyone has the inside dirt on who might want him dead and why, it's him. Do we really want to trust such an important lead to the B team?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom