Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

[LP CYOA] 傳

Absinthe

Arcane
Treave, can we check if Yunzi is Yang Xue's granddaughter? I'd like to catch up on the subject of Yang Xue with her. Also, could Cao'er look over our duck thief with her Immortal's Eyes and 12 perception? I'm also wondering how our thief would react, since I have a strong suspicion our thief has the Immortal's Eyes too. She seemed to be able to recognize the Wuxian Qiankun just by looking at us, which means she could probably see our formless qi like Cao'er. If she is the Child Immortal, the Immortal's Eyes would make sense.

Tribute

Arbiter
If I remember correctly there is some legendary yin-based kung fu that requires you to drink human blood so your own qi doesn't freeze you to death, or something.

Not sure if that exists in this particular CYOA, but a lot of elements from existing wuxia works are there, so I could see it showing up.

Baltika9

Arcane
Treave, can we check if Yunzi is Yang Xue's granddaughter? I'd like to catch up on the subject of Yang Xue with her. Also, could Cao'er look over our duck thief with her Immortal's Eyes and 12 perception? I'm also wondering how our thief would react, since I have a strong suspicion our thief has the Immortal's Eyes too. She seemed to be able to recognize the Wuxian Qiankun just by looking at us, which means she could probably see our formless qi like Cao'er. If she is the Child Immortal, the Immortal's Eyes would make sense.
Odds are good that she is the immortal loli sorceress of Tianshan.

asxetos

Augur
BA1AAndwagon.

I hope yunzi doesnt run off to the temple to confirm the news after we tell her the truth...

Kipeci

Arcane
Actually, hold up. I want to flop to B1AA, she has more important stuff to do with the Fire Cult and her tribe than to investigate with us and it's not really in her skillset, anyway. If she decides of her own volition to stay with us without us mentioning anything then that's fine, but if she feels that what she has to do right now is more pressing and urgent then she should be free to leave without feeling compelled by the fire lord to add another set of hands to this investigation. Any A1AA voters willing to flop to this?

Last edited:

Baltika9

Arcane
Wait, if you don't want her around then why not push for 1B? 1A is an actual request that she help us out while the purpose of letting her know that Ahura is dead is to let her know that she has free reign. Not to compel her to stay, I don't get your reasoning, Kipeci.

Esquilax

Arcane
Baltika9 I think that was a typo on Kipeci's part.

Actually, hold up. I want to flop to A2AA, she has more important stuff to do with the Fire Cult and her tribe than to investigate with us and it's not really in her skillset, anyway. If she decides of her own volition to stay with us without us mentioning anything then that's fine, but if she feels that what she has to do right now is more pressing and urgent then she should be free to leave without feeling compelled by the fire lord to add another set of hands to this investigation. Any A1AA voters willing to flop to this?

This is a very good observation. It makes much more sense to have Yunzi go reunite the Ashina if we're going to tell her about what went down at the Fire Temple. I also agree that while losing out on the firepower that Yunzi and Armaiti provide might be regrettable, we already have a lot of firepower of our own with Yifang and Song Lingshu, and our current mission requires more in the way of cunning than it does in martial arts asskickery. You can't fight Youxia City head-on, you have to be smart about things. We'd be far better served by having perceptive, street-smart types than we would with great fighters at this point IMO. The only downside with 1B is that she might opt to join us anyways, in which case C might be better.

Speaking of street-smarts, we need that girl who knows that we have the Wuxian Qiankun Skill. Immortal or no immortal, someone that perceptive is someone we need helping us in this investigation. If she is the Tianshan Child Immortal, however, the cold yin qi present on Du Yao's body might indicate that she's a suspect. I certainly think that she knows a lot about what's going on here, at the very least.

As for Fu Xia, I think that this is much deeper than just him. If he's guilty, he is probably connected to others higher up on the food chain, so arresting him right now would be very premature. Let him free and have someone keep an eye on him. If he's part of this, I'd rather not tip our hand so soon. Let him get complacent and careless while simultaneously monitoring him.

B1AA

Baltika9

Arcane
That's a very good point, I hadn't really thought of it like that. I'm down with having Jing and Yunzi travel separately and strengthen the Cult through their individual adventures, but I'm also kinda iffy on missing out on Jing-Yunzi Bonding Time. However, what you said makes a lot of sense and will help us strengthen the Cult more from that approach. Flopping to A1AA.

Last edited:

Nevill

Arcane
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Esquilax said:
This is a very good observation. It makes much more sense to have Yunzi go reunite the Ashina if we're going to tell her about what went down at the Fire Temple. I also agree that while losing out on the firepower that Yunzi and Armaiti provide might be regrettable, we already have a lot of firepower of our own with Yifang and Song Lingshu, and our current mission requires more in the way of cunning than it does in martial arts asskickery.
She is not going to Tujue lands to search for each person. She is sending letters. There is no reason why she should not join us. Moreso, this is what the Fire Cult wants - to have us working together. Why else did they ask us to find her if not to keep an eye on her during the troubled times?

Trying to dodge that responsibility is unwise. Even more so when you are looking for one of the manuals that the Cult told you to find and are short on people. This helps nobody.

Our mission is not limited to the current investigation, and when we find the owner of the manual - and I hope we do, - I will welcome all the fighting power we can get. I doubt that the manual is in the Youxia City in the first place.

Last edited:

Tribute

Arbiter
I don't know about not asking Yunzi. She seemed kind of upset the last time we didn't ask her to come with us, and now she's been dropped in our lap again. I don't think we should push her away.

I suppose we could word it as "you're welcome to join us", rather than insisting that she do so.

Esquilax

Arcane
She is not going to Tujue lands to search for each person. She is sending letters. There is no reason why she should not join us. Moreso, this is what the Fire Cult wants - to have us working together. Why else did they ask us to find her if not to keep an eye on her during the troubled times?

If Shun Yunzi can't protect the Empire herself without our help, it she deserves to die.

:troll:

Well, the Fire Cult definitely wants us working together, but there's a lot of leeway in terms of what "working together" means. Working together can also mean getting the remnants of the Ashina to join up with the Cult now that the fine young man who saved Khan Bulun and Yunzi is now the Lord of the Fire Temple. This was the match that they always wanted and it seems to me that we might aid the Cult more by pursuing these tasks individually.

Trying to dodge that responsibility is unwise. Even more so when you are looking for one of the manuals that the Cult told you to find and are short on people. This helps nobody.

Short on people? We have Yifang, Yunzi, Cao'er, Song Lingshu, and Qilin. I'd say that's a fairly significant party, and yet you want to include more disgusting women on top of that. Madness. Don't listen to Lambchop19, we must return to our cock-craving ways immediately.

Our mission is not limited to the current investigation, and when we find the owner of the manual - and I hope we do, - I will welcome all the fighting power we can get. I doubt that the manual is in the Youxia City in the first place.

Yeah, there's plenty of situations where having firepower could help us, but I don't know if getting to this manual is going to be a matter martial arts skill as it will be smarts and detective skills. Yes, the manuals can make an individual far more powerful, but we aren't going to get to the manual purely on brawn.

The other problem, and I might be reaching here, is a matter of perception if Yunzi keeps staying with us - the rest of the world believes that Ahura is alive, so if she keeps associating with a well known rake and seducer like Xu Jing, it might reflect on the Cult being weak. Of course, we know that the Cult is weak, but the longer that we can present the illusion of strength, the better for us. It might be best if we part ways for now while we tell her what happened at the Fire Temple.

I don't know about not asking Yunzi. She seemed kind of upset the last time we didn't ask her to come with us, and now she's been dropped in our lap again. I don't think we should push her away.

I suppose we could word it as "you're welcome to join us", rather than insisting that she do so.

I don't think so. Telling her what happened at the Fire Temple will at least know that we cared enough to look for her after the tournament at Dukezong. She cares about the Cult, and so do we, and maybe pursuing goals individually in favour of the Cult is the best way.

Tribute

Arbiter
She tends to interpret more into "you don't have to hang around me" than Jing actually means, judging by when we refused Happy Yunzi Vacation Time.

Baltika9

Arcane
Well, the Fire Cult definitely wants us working together, but there's a lot of leeway in terms of what "working together" means. Working together can also mean getting the remnants of the Ashina to join up with the Cult now that the fine young man who saved Khan Bulun and Yunzi is now the Lord of the Fire Temple. This was the match that they always wanted and it seems to me that we might aid the Cult more by pursuing these tasks individually.
Just for the sake of DISCUSS! and argument, wouldn't it make more sense if both Yunzi and Jing, their last priestess and the young man that saved Khan Bulun, worked together to reunite them? If nothing else, the Ashina will definitely appreciate our our new hardass looks.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Re: gathering the Ashina

She's going to spread the news via word of mouth. 'Go to the Fire Temple quietly at your own pace, and don't start shouting about how you're going to revive the great Ashina tribe' is pretty much the message being sent out.

Regardless of whether or not she knows Ahura is dead she won't change this approach. It should be simple enough to understand why if you just think about it.

Re: 'polite' injury checking.

Fu Xia refuses your request. What then?

Re: Yang Xue's granddaughter

Yunzi has never heard of Yang Xue.

Re: Cao'er checking out the thief

We'll cover those interactions later.

Last edited:

Tribute

Arbiter

She's going to spread the news via word of mouth. 'Go to the Fire Temple quietly at your own pace, and don't start shouting about how you're going to revive the great Ashina tribe' is pretty much the message being sent out.

Regardless of whether or not she knows Ahura is dead she won't change this approach. It should be simple enough to understand why if you just think about it.
Because they're a tribe of invading barbarians, of the sort that have invaded China for centuries, and it could be viewed as insurrection?

Baltika9

Arcane
Kinda, yeah. The point of telling her of Ahura's demise and our new leadership is that she won't have to account for him in her decision-making and will know that she has our approval to do whatever she needs to do to strengthen the Cult's position. Which is why I'm in favor of telling her in the first place.

Kipeci

Arcane

Because they're a tribe of invading barbarians, of the sort that have invaded China for centuries, and it could be viewed as insurrection?
The Fire Temple isn't in China, though, so them gathering there can't really be viewed as an insurrection or invasion against the country, can it? As I understand it it's more because if they talk about how the great Ashina tribe is going to reform once more then that'll bring down the attention of the enemies that resulted in it being dissolved in the first place, probably a bunch of the other Turkic tribes who were uneasy with the Ashina's position as spiritual leaders of a sort (if I understood that correctly).

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Hey, here's an excuse to fund an Eight Sects expedition backed by ten thousand soldiers! The Ashina led an invasion into the Central Plains forty years ago, they're trying to regroup under their princess only this time with the Fire Cult that also killed our heroes, let's stomp them before they start getting any ideas! And also loot the temple for martial arts manuals so that Hero Nie Wuxing can get even stronger to protect the nation!

Absinthe

Arcane
Fangshi, Baltika9, archaen, Rex Feral, Tribute, Nevill, Kipeci, TOME, Kz3r0, ScubaV, asxetos, Esquilax

We need to grab him to check his injuries. If we wait on this, it's going to be hard to get detailed information from his wounds. If we check his injuries thoroughly, with Cao'er skill we should find out exactly when and how he was injured, which will confirm whether he was injured during the fight with Du Yao. Once we have that, we can move on to interrogating him for the rest. If it turns out he's innocent, sorry. If it turns out he's guilty, which he most likely is, then we've got him and this case solved. It seems we can get enough evidence now, and we'd quite possibly have less evidence later, so I prefer grabbing him at this moment. I don't particularly expect him to run off to meet a superior while the investigation is ongoing. And we don't need to worry about tipping him off because we'll already have him.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom