Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

[LP CYOA] 傳

Baltika9

Arcane
Yeah, flopping to a solid 1B.

a cut of domestic sheep prime

Watch Bai turn out to be a man after all and be all, "You thought I was a woman?!".

Baltika9

Arcane
Then we seduce him, of course. All these disgusting women travelling with us. Feh. We must return to our cock-craving ways post-haste.

Nevill

Arcane
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Watch Bai turn out to be a man after all and be all, "You thought I was a woman?!".
He already did. It was adorable.
“What’s the matter?” you taunt. “Are you not man enough to take a girl away from a forced marriage?” This insult finally cracks Bai Jiutian’s composure, and he grabs your collar, flustered. “Not a… Of course I’m a man! How could you even think otherwise?”
I think we struck a nerve. Either way, good trollan opportunities all around, unless people go full RESPONSIBILITIGER on him, too.

a cut of domestic sheep prime

Don't know if anyone picked up on this, but I'll just leave it here...
Bai Jiutian pours him a cup, extremely reluctantly. As he moves to hand the cup over, Ahura grabs his hand and grins, staring at him. Song Lingshu winces, resisting the urge to jump up and help him. “W-what is it?” frowns Bai Jiutian, trying to keep his composure. After a while, Ahura says, “Hm. Nothing. Thank you for the wine,” before taking the cup and drinking from it.

Perhaps Ahura had some...theories about Bai as well?

Nevill

Arcane
The city was gradually returning to normal despite the shock of Du Yao’s death; after that gruesome show in court, the lieutenants had decided that it was a very, very good reason for them to keep their heads down and attempt to keep things going the way they were. They had agreed to rule by committee and to uphold Youxia’s neutrality, though you did not have much interaction with them before this and could not really care less as to what they decided.
treave, what was it exactly that convinced the lieutenants to keep things as they were, and what were their alternatives? I thought it was their intention since the beginning.

What did we influence with this outcome, if anything at all?

"My advice is to stay away from eunuchs and nobility as much as you can, Xu Jing. You are not too well suited for that field, judging from what just happened,” he says quietly, sipping his tea.
Still, sloppy or not, without us both Jiang and Xiaofang would be dead by now. I don't think the constebulary can complain about our qualification.

Akkudakku

Arbiter
Bros as I said before Fu Xia had some sort of geas used on him (to not spill the beans) beyond the threats to his family.

Nevill

Arcane
Nevillbro, can you be persuaded to a 1B flop?
No. Why?

If zhang clan is involved, and they have the manual, we should direct our efforts there. We can get to them through Bai. I imagine he does not want his shidi to one-up him, and I won't feel very comfortable if we are the only lead to the manuals Jiutian can pursue.

Really, for all the arch-nemesis thing going between us, we know surprisingly little about him. And I wanted to enlist Jiutian's help to knock Wuxing down a peg for a while now.

I don't quite see the appeal in going anywhere else for the moment. Yes, we want to visit Guo Fu and wreak havoc at BDS (or what is it we are going to do there?). But these things can wait. Bai Jiutian, on the other hand, is only getting more wary of us as the days go by.
It would be easier to talk about such things when he isn't yet fully convinced you have the skill and might want to tease some information out of you to be sure. The both of you would have something to offer the other, making for a tense and strange but perhaps workable relationship.

Nevill

Arcane
Quite sad with how things went with Fu Xia, he wans't really a bad guy.
Yeah, it's a shame. But he was going to die no matter what. A terrible way to go nonetheless.

I wonder if Fu Qiu is still alive and well. Ensuring her safety is the least we can do for him. Still, I imagine after all what happened Zheng would not be eager to let us near political matters. Maybe it is for the best.

I am also itching to see how Gao Ying would react to the news. That is a fine line zhang clan is walking right now.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
treave, what was it exactly that convinced the lieutenants to keep things as they were, and what were their alternatives? I thought it was their intention since the beginning.

What did we influence with this outcome, if anything at all?

It was their intention, but they're more convinced that that's the best way to go right now instead of throwing in with one side or the other. As for what convinced them, you did. They're afraid of you and your crazy arm-ripping moves and the scary women in your harem. They figure since you didn't bother them before this, you won't bother them in the future if they keep on the same path.

Still, sloppy or not, without us both Jiang and Xiaofang would be dead by now. I don't think the constebulary can complain about our qualification.

He's not exactly complaining, just pointing out that you have a knack for blowing things up in the most dramatic way possible, like pissing in Grand Eunuchs' bowls. You tend to get yourself into public displays that sometimes Jiang would rather avoid (though he acknowledges it can be useful other times) if he's conducting a particularly sensitive investigation (involving, say, Grand Eunuchs) - if he wasn't sure about that before this, he's pretty sure about it now. It's just a minor character flaw.

If you were playing, say, the Snake Adjutant, you'd have understood the imperial power play going on and had different options available to you from the start of the event.

Then again if you were the Snake Adjutant you wouldn't have had the chance to pull off the Brown Wedding.

Baltika9

Arcane
Then again if you were the Snake Adjutant you wouldn't have had the chance to pull off the Brown Wedding.
And we missed out on our one benefit. Why? Why why why why...
:negative:
Why?

I hope A will have an option to smmoch BJ, Bugs Bunny style.

Nevill

Arcane
treave, I am still fuzzy on how neigong and/or qi work. Suppose there is a technique like Hanbing Needles. Does it require an 'icy qi' or a certain type of neigong to utilize it, or does it simply make the user's qi manifest in that way?

Can Yunzi with her fiery neigong learn the technique? I'd assume not. Can Jing? Without copying, of course.

I am still baffled by the fact that Fu Xia knew the tech that is usually unique to Xueguizi. If it does require certain specialization and type of neigong to use, how come he was able to learn it? I doubt he was involved with Tianshan prior to this.

He was able to transcend the limits of his body when Qilin's drug interacted with whatever it was that affected him, so maybe it is related somehow.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
treave, I am still fuzzy on how neigong and/or qi work. Suppose there is a technique like Hanbing Needles. Does it require an 'icy qi' or a certain type of neigong to utilize it, or does it simply make the user's qi manifest in that way?

Can Yunzi with her fiery neigong learn the technique? I'd assume not. Can Jing? Without copying, of course.

I am still baffled by the fact that Fu Xia knew the tech that is usually unique to Xueguizi. If it does require certain specialization and type of neigong to use, how come he was able to learn it? I doubt he was involved with Tianshan prior to this.

He was able to transcend the limits of his body when Qilin's drug interacted with whatever it was that affected him, so maybe it is related somehow.

It requires attaining the ice qi first, and then the technique itself teaches you how to control and manipulate that qi to make needles. Just learning the technique itself is useless because you don't have the foundation, so you can expect that Fu Xia had somehow been imparted the neigong and the needle technique.

Kipeci

Arcane
Well, you can't exactly be sure it's a real truth serum yet. It will need some more controlled testing before you can be certain.
Regardless, it has certain parties noting that Jing's semi-wife has a very interesting chemical here even if it's not yet refined, yes?

LWC1996

Learned
AA.

'Tis the third time treave has offered the choice to go to Huashan, it's probably a warning and our last chance. Not gonna ignore it.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Regardless, it has certain parties noting that Jing's semi-wife has a very interesting chemical here even if it's not yet refined, yes?

More of a Wudu gonna Wudu reaction.

Virtually no one else out there would have the expertise and knowledge to complete the drug. If they want to use it, they'll try to hire a Wudu cultist unless they fancy themselves powerful enough to attempt attacking the sect and taking over.

Tribute

Arbiter
Gonna flop to 1B for now, if only because I don't like passing up chances to go to Wudang.

Absinthe

Arcane
Treave, just wondering but how strong is our Minamoto-ryuu Sword Style? I mean compared to Emei/Qingcheng/Huashan/Yandi. And how much of a difference does Order mode make when using it? Leaf Dance of the Azure Dragon seems like it would benefit from the increased precision (no more chaotic movements) and perception while we still can't leech through our sword.

And would there be any point to using it with the Yuchang Sword or is that simply a subpar type of weapon for our kenjutsu?

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom