Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

[LP CYOA] 傳

Kz3r0

Arcane
A.

Nevill

Arcane
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
It is going to be Four Lions formation all over again, isn't it?

I guess I'll support Smashing Axe's idea and vote A. There really is little reason to become involved in yet another assault on manxing so soon after our first fiasco. We don't need his death pinned on us - what exactly do we get out of it except for a momentary satisfaction?

It is best to leave Huashan matters to the ones who live here. Whether manxing lives or dies here, Bai Jiutian will have to deal with the wrath of zhang manlou. It is better to split them then unite them through the hatred towards us.

I really hope we've learned something since the last time, too.

Last edited:

Elfberserker

Liturgist
I am really tempted to vote for murdering Manxing, but surely he isn't that stupid to come after us alone for second time? Then again maybe Bai Jiutian and Xu Jing together are powerful enough to defeat the cosmic power called the luck?

I can't really to see reason not either ally with the fucker or kill him.

Somehow we get blamed for killing either Zhang Manxing or Bai Jiutian, even if we do nothing since our reputation is kind a shitty. Zhang probably has some sort of poison or other nasty thing to aid him in combat or like others have suggested then he has hostages. Neither are ideal ally, but I think that gambling to get Bai Jiutian's...Cooperation might be worth in the end.

B

Last edited:

Esquilax

Arcane
E Fight them both for max conphooshan.

Now there's an idea. If we attack the both of them, nobody will believe that we have dealings with Bai Jiutian.

I'm going to go against the grain here and suggest that we go after Zhang Manxing ourselves and leave Bai Jiutian out of it. A curious advantage of our reputation is that it simply can't get any worse. We are no worse off for attempting to kill him, because we've already tried to do so in the past. However, if BJ is seen attacking Zhang Manxing, his rep (and his usefulness as an ally) goes right down the shitter. If we take the heat for this - and really, there is little downside in our situation for doing so* - then we'll still have someone well-positioned at Huashan to help us out. We have lots of party members, but what we really need is an inside man.

* Yeah, yeah, it'll piss off the extremely powerful and secretive Zhang clan that Bai Jiutian has just warned us extensively about, but we stand a better chance of defeating them if we have someone like him working with us in the orthodox sects, where we are desperately short of friends at the moment. This confrontation was going to happen sooner or later, but I think that having BJ's rep intact will leave us in a better position to strike at the Zhang clan.

B, although if ERYFKRAD's proposal is doable, I'll go with that.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
It should be pretty clear from the update that Zhang will run if he has half the chance, so you can't fight both of them at once unless you want to kill him first before fighting Bai Jiutian. If that's the case, vote any of the choices where you attack Zhang.

Nevill

Arcane
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
I'm going to go against the grain here and suggest that we go after Zhang Manxing ourselves and leave Bai Jiutian out of it.
Not sure I agree with that. Not only we would be involving ourselves with manlou against chief Zheng's advice (and against common sense), but we will gain reputation for killing the sick as well. As if we need more shit on our plate.

'If BJ is seen attacking zhang manxing'? What about BJ being seen playing weiqi and drinking tea with MTP? I'd assume that whomever zhang expects to be in the bushes have witnessed the same scene manxing did. If any witnesses get away, BJ is going to be in a world of trouble.

My intention is not to sink BJ - if it was, I would be voting D, - but I want to remind you that BJ will try to sink you without batting an eyelid if it keeps him afloat. manlou will blame him if manxing perishes here regardless of who the killer is, and the need to clear the suspicion and prove his allegiance might actually have an opposite effect and distance you from each other.

"Manlou already thinks that we might have been less than honest with him... he still doesn't realize how his deadweight younger brother is only dragging his ambitions down. I will deal with that and convince Manlou that I am still on his side, so you just focus on what you need to do. I have enough to do after that mess in Youxia City without you creating more problems for me.”

Why hang yourself on your own rope? This place was chosen by BJ, and the security risks lie with him. It is not our fault he got discovered. Let him solve the problem he created - if anything, additional pressure from manlou will make him more willing to compromise in the future.

I guess I want to have some dirt on him, but not enough to bury him completely. Moreover, I don't want to make his dirty work for him.

Last edited:

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
You can assume that Zhang just arrived. If he had been hiding there for some time, the two of you would have caught him earlier.

Akkudakku

Arbiter
B is stupid BJ will pin manxing death on us. While A or C makes BJ our ally - we have incruminating dirt on him.

asxetos

Augur
I bet A, B and C will all have us take the blame one way or the other.
D would only serve to ruin BJ's reputation and i dont like it at all if there is an option to have a hidden ally.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom