Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

[LP CYOA] 傳

a cut of domestic sheep prime

E option will probably screw us, bros. (Though it is better than the other options.) Bai probably knows more about all this than Zhang. Can we kill this guy already or what?

Nevill

Arcane
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
You wish.

Why is it that we need manxing dead? From the sound of it, he is a drain on manlou's resourses, and is dragging him down. Now that Qilin's poison have ensured his eventual death, why do we care about him all that much?

a cut of domestic sheep prime

Because he is a rapist, a thorn in our side who always pops up like this, our enemy who has tried to kill us and rape our allies multiple times, someone who is constantly spreading negative rumors about us that people believe for some odd reason, killing him or capturing him with Bai has a chance of cementing an alliance between us.

Eventual death doesn't remove him now and it doesn't make Bai like us anymore or give us dirt on him - ie, that he helped murder Zhang.

Nevill

Arcane
So, basically, you prefer his much more influental and presumably more competent (simply because it is hard to be less competent and more stupid than manxing) brother after us. If you remember our dynamics, all of his plans against us have utterly failed so far, and the only case where he managed to seriously hamper us was in Qingcheng when we decided to kill him out of spite.

I get why people don't like him and want him out of the game. But Qilin took care of that, didn't she? He is going to be dead now, and we don't have to be involved. Why change this arrangement?

Cementing the alliance with BJ is the only semi-valid argument I've seen so far, but I have my doubts about how well it would work.

Last edited:
Well C I guess, but what I would prefer is to look for whoever is here with him. I really doubt this asshole is here alone. In all our previous encounters he always had someone else, always.

Nevill

Arcane
Do we even have a vague hint as to what Bai Jiutian's motives are?
His motives for what actions? For cooperating with us? I think this piece was rather telling:
treave said:
“Well, no matter what you say, they certainly don’t like you. If they’re that dangerous…”

“…that is right,” he admits grudgingly. “But that only means I need to find ways to protect myself from them instead of relying solely on my shimu.”
He does not like zhang clan - especially since manxing essentially replaced him as a star of Huashan to the point Wuxing is ready to marry his daughters to the creep. And zhang clan does not like him back. That must worry him.

I wonder if he Madam Nie is just using him, and if he realizes that as well.

Tribute

Arbiter
I may flop to C on the basis that BJ is the only one who knows we have WQS so far (as far as we know), so we probably want him on our side if we can manage it.

This is a fairly unique opportunity, with him finally in a position of weakness.

Nevill

Arcane
Do you people WANT to tarnish the reputation of the big inside man we can get inside Huashan? I don't like Bai, but the Zhang family is even worse.
To be fair, nothing incriminates BJ more than manxing's body being found with holes from two different swords and two different techniques. Our involvement in the case is likely to leave traces of our presence.

Also, having two top-grade fighters after a sick man is such a ludicrous overkill that it just calls for yet another of manxing's daring escapes while the two accidentally pummel each other.

A part of me wants to go A just to remain outside of the fight and react better to its possible outcomes, whatever they might be.

Baltika9

Arcane
To be fair, A is all about sitting on the sidelines and lolling at how not-a-manxing pulls his crazy gambits on BJ and how the latter beats on a sick man. Good for protecting our own interests, yeah, but it doesn't make any steps to making or breaking a relationship with BJ. The most neutral option here.

Nevill

Arcane
Like drinking with the Sword Saint during the battle at the Black Tigers Valley, right?

Sometimes caution is good.

Kipeci

Arcane
As much as I like the idea of E I'm incredibly suspicious of voting for any user-suggested choices as they tend to be disasters.

The worst that can happen is that Tian'er is disgraced in front of his sect people so that he enters into a forced exile, perhaps to be accompanied by some sort of Man Tiger Pig figure. Really, if he brought Nie over, I want to have Jing face a decent challenge post level-up and it'd be good practice for whenever we face off at the Huashan Summit.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Eh, what's the worst that could happen, an Epic crossover with Zhang Manxing being turned into an immortal? No disasters here. :M:M

Baltika9

Arcane
Eh, what's the worst that could happen, an Epic crossover with Zhang Manxing being turned into an immortal? No disasters here. :M:M
Oh shit, there is no ;) smiley. HE'S SERIOUS, GUYS!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom