Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

[LP CYOA] 傳

TOME

Cuckmaster General
Oh the horror! Do you mean to say that D won by one vote? And to think that I was too lazy to log in and vote...

I'm going to vote a rollback. I'm too emotionally engaged to let this go without achieving some meaningful end.

B.

Nevill

Arcane
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Esquilax, I would not mind the hiatus either. I just hate to leave the story on that note. I think Jing deserves better.

But maybe taking a break from it for a while would be for the best. No superheroes, though. Maybe later.

I'll flop to C1.

Elfberserker

Liturgist
C in whatever decides about hiatus.

Maybe some playing another LP allows some healing before continuing with Xu Jing

Grimgravy

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire
I must have missed that in the DISCUSS! I honestly thought we were going honor/guilt Bai into helping to digging a hole. Oh well.

LWC1996

Learned
Yes, Jing does deserve better - to not have to make decisions based on his hard-on for his harem (imagined or otherwise) and greed for kungfu manuals, and wanting to kick the asses of villains who talk smack of his harem.

But hey, rollback again and we can watch how Jing dies for the 4th, 5th, 6th and so on times before you guys are satisfied that you beat the LP "fair and square."

Nevill

Arcane
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
"Why do you vote for something I don't like??? It is unbearable! Somebody stop this madness!"

Just cast your vote, man.

ChumBucket

Augur
treave, I am a long time lurker (from around 2005 I think.....). This CYOA has been one of the best LP's I have ever seen on the DEX; my appreciation of it is so great, that you have drawn me out of hiding to cast a vote in this. C2(and only C2)>B>A. I do not want to see this LP die, but you might want a break, and Hobo Rider does sound pretty sweet.

Elfberserker

Liturgist
Wait a minute!

Are we already voting about which character or about which Lp we will play, even though we are still deviding what to do with this LP?

I am down with the animal lover or failing that then with cthulu generations.

GreyViper

Prophet
What the... again? So much won just to drop dead like that. I just knew Zhang would have pot armor saving him from dying, that why recommended kidnapping him. Oh well the more you know.

B ack to action.

Absinthe

Arcane
Voting B. And this time lets do A2 unless you want Zhang Manxing to find out we have Wuxiang Qiankun.

D never made any sense to me since aside from lowering our guard against Bai Jiutian (which seemed really bad) we already have Five Poisons Powder.

Azira

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Just for my own amusement, I made this;

Voters who had option D as their main vote:
Voters who had option D as a conditional:
@Profeshional (conditional)
Kipeci (conditional)
Rex Feral (conditional)
Akkudakku (conditional)
Smashing Axe (conditional)

15 people I can point fingers at. A bit childish yes, but I was feeling spiteful. :M

But what the hey. 's been a good ride. Now for the superhero CYOA. :salute:

TOME

Cuckmaster General
Jing's corpse isn't even cold yet and you want to take a gamble in form of A2? What the fuck?!

Smashing Axe

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
Just for my own amusement, I made this;

Voters who had option D as their main vote:
Voters who had option D as a conditional:
@Profeshional (conditional)
Kipeci (conditional)
Rex Feral (conditional)
Akkudakku (conditional)
Smashing Axe (conditional)

15 people I can point fingers at. A bit childish yes, but I was feeling spiteful. :M

But what the hey. 's been a good ride. Now for the superhero CYOA. :salute:

Well my conditional didn't come into effect since A1 was runner up. Ergo I'm absolved of all blame!

Right guys? Right?

Esquilax

Arcane
Jing's corpse isn't even cold yet and you want to take a gamble in form of A2? What the fuck?!

It didn't really help that the DISCUSS!!! got bogged down into stupid bullshit about how we can totally take on Bai Jiutian without the Wuxian Qiankun Skill, bros! Trust me! To me, I think that not acting within BJ's expectations is the best move here. He is forcing our hand into revealing our tricks, but if we try and mislead him with B2, while it presents a lot of risks, he will easily believe the ruse (since Yunzi and Armaiti are in our party and we have the flame in our eye socket), but he won't know what we really have up our sleeve. I think we'll have the opportunity to turn the tables on him this way.

I think A1 is perfectly fine and we'll get away with it, but I also don't like being forced into doing what Bai Jiutian wants us to do. IMO it's much better to let him think he has the upper hand, get him to help us with the Zhang family, then turn the tables on him when he inevitably plans to betray us.

Absinthe

Arcane
TOME, A2 should work out fine win or lose. So I wouldn't particularly call it a gamble. And I think we can actually win.

Esquilax, why do you think B2 will succeed at tricking him? Bai Jiutian does not trust our word. The main reason we need to go with A2 is to provide evidence that we really don't have Wuxiang Qiankun.

Why are you guys so convinced Bai Jiutian must be out of our league anyway? Sure, he's better with a sword, but Jing has spent all his time honing his martial arts too. I think they're a lot more evenly matched than you give them credit for.

Esquilax

Arcane
Esquilax, why do you think B2 will succeed at tricking him? Bai Jiutian does not trust our word. The main reason we need to go with A2 is to provide evidence that we really don't have Wuxiang Qiankun.

This is where your bias is showing. We can beat an opponent, that by all indications thus far, outclasses us in skill by a significant margin without any sort of trump card, yet we can't give him an extremely plausible half-truth regarding our trip to Tufan. There is lots of evidence to corroborate our claim, he knows something happened in Tufan, we'll just be omitting the most sensitive details. He'll buy it.

Anyways, I blame this all on the cowards who refused to get naked in Bai Jiutian's bathroom when we had the chance. We were then forced into a boring meeting on turf that was favourable to him instead of a sexually charged meeting with our enemy that we secretly lust for.

Baltika9

Arcane
Odds are good that we can fight BJ without the WQS and be in good enough condition to get off of Mount Hua unscathed.

Absinthe

Arcane
I wouldn't say unscathed, but I guess it's easier for you guys to try to put words in my mouth than to fairly address my arguments. Such as, for instance, the point I keep making about how losing in A2 would convince BJ that we don't have the Wuxiang Qiankun, encouraging him to pursue the Xiaoming Jiuyang manual, in which case he would need our assistance and let us go.

And Esquilax's assertion that persuading Bai Jiutian in a conversation is comparable to confronting him in a sword-fight (when these are two completely separate things) is also ridiculous.

Esquilax

Arcane
I wouldn't say unscathed, but I guess it's easier for you guys to try to put words in my mouth than to fairly address my arguments. Such as, for instance, the point I keep making about how losing in A2 would convince BJ that we don't have the Wuxiang Qiankun, encouraging him to pursue the Xiaoming Jiuyang manual, in which case he would need our assistance and let us go.

Why would he need our assistance? We've already told him that the Zhang Clan has it. :lol:

In any case, I'd rather avoid being on the receiving end of an ass-kicking here, especially on enemy territory.

Absinthe

Arcane
The Zhang clan rather dislikes Bai Jiutian courtesy of Manxing. Huashan didn't even tell BJ that the Zhang have the manual. Odds are, they're not giving it to him.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom