Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

[LP CYOA] 傳

a cut of domestic sheep prime

Since A is so far behind...
Bow Your Head

THUD THUD THUD THUD

Bai's footsteps had faded quickly and now all you can hear is the desperate pounding of your heart. Your vision beings to blur and the world seems to be getting darker somehow.

"Is this really how I'm going to die? A burgeoning harem, an extensive sexual career, and I die of blue balls?!", you think to yourself, "No! I must not give up hope. Maybe Qilin will find me! Maybe Cao'er can concoct a potion! Maybe Bai will come back and give me a handjob!"

THUD THUD THUD THUD STOP

Your heart has stopped. You panic. Clutching your chest in reflex, you croak out your final words:

"I can't feel my...no...help me...Lady...Nuwa..."

The world fades to a black silence.

Time passes. A second? An eon? You don't know. Finally you begin to hear a sound in the distance. A whisper in the dark, but as it approaches it becomes a deafening roar. You know with inexplicable certainty that this is the answer to your prayer. It is a beautiful female voice...and the sound of laughter.

HAHAHAHAHA! So we meet again.

You still cannot see anything but blackness.

"Again? I'm pretty sure I've never prayed to you before. And isn't there supposed to be a white light or something?"

We gods reserve our white light for monks and virgins, not puerile idiots who die hoping for mercy sex from another man. And you *have* spoken to me before, but I don't expect you would remember.

A final prayer, is it? Miracles don't come cheap, fool. You want to live? Very well. But I will require something in return.

"Name it."

You may live again...Jing...but I will remove your penis! You will live a celibate life from this day forward! What do you say to that?! HAHAHAHAHA!

"Rollback."

What?

"I'm not letting you take Little Jing away from me. I want a rollback."

You...you can't do that!

treave: Ah, why not? :M

system restore in progress...
errors detected...
data corruption repaired with 1% margin of error...
system restore complete...

Black And White II

Zhang and Bai battle before you - two healthy and fit fighters in their prime. You wonder why you are even trying to intervene at all, you know you don't have the strength. Ever since Qilin infected you with that wasting disease for losing her duck in Youxia City, you've felt weaker and weaker.

You draw your sword and charge into the fray...

Just then your penis falls off.

A. :rage:

B.:rage:

C.:rage:

Last edited by a moderator:

kazgar

Arcane
I've been away on holiday and not paid much attention to the last few updates

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

that's all

(but due to said absence, i'm gonna abstain from this one)

Fangshi

Arcane
Ah, wow. Thought it might be bad but not that bad... hell. :lol:

I am going to abstain from this one and maybe the next one. I would vote D to end it (no more rollbacks, decline, popamole and all that) but I don't want to screw the people that did not vote D.

Let them have a shot, if they want, to get us out of this I guess.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
B wins. We will have recall voting for the previous update.

Here are the choices again:

A. You continue to engage Bai Jiutian in battle until either of you is defeated. It does not need to be a duel to the death - though there's no telling what will happen when two people of your respective skills collide in an uncontrolled fight. This will be a very rare opportunity to test your skills against a pugilist of his caliber.
  1. You use Wuxiang Qiankun; it is a good chance to practice the mimicking of someone with greater skill in battle. This could also be a deciding factor in achieving victory.
  2. You don’t use Wuxiang Qiankun. This will make your battle considerably harder, but you do not want to risk exposing the skill’s existence to him.

B. You call for a halt to the hostilities. If Bai Jiutian wants to know what you found in Tufan, you’ll tell him. Still, perhaps you don’t need to tell him the whole truth… though he appears to be suspicious enough at the moment that you cannot simply make up whatever lies you want. You’ll have to confess a shocking truth.
  1. You tell him that you have the Wuxiang Qiankun Skill, but say nothing about where you found it and what happened at the Fire Temple.
  2. You confide in him that you are the new Lord of the Fire Temple, and make no mention of the Wuxiang Qiankun Skill.

C. You run off. You don’t see any purpose in continuing to fight him, and you are rather confident that you should be able to lose him in the forest. Of course, if he catches up to you with your back turned you might be at a disadvantage, but you’ll deal with that if it happens.

D. You ask for a halt to the fighting so that you can ensure Zhang Manxing is buried. He might not trust you enough to graciously stop the fight to let you do so safely, but you are going to try and waltz over to his body anyway to confirm that he is dead.

The voting will run for about 24 hours or so.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
A2. I'll posit that while BJ is a skilled swordsman, a sword's only good if you have room to swing it. In grappling distance it's a hard sell.
BJ is focussed on fighting right now, but I think we can attack his composure and force him to make mistakes. He might not react to lolz about his shimu, but we might be able to pull a crack or two about how flustered he gets about pants and stuff. And that sash thing. Plus, Mistah J has always managed to rile BJ up.

I dunno if this has been discussed before, because y'all think too much.

Azira

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
So we did the rollback?

Oh well. I'll go along.

A1

Go full out. This is a rare opportunity, an opportunity to see what Jings "broken" skill can really do, against a truly dangerous opponent. Jing can't keep it hidden, it's naïve to think otherwise. I think it's wise to train it at every given opportunity.

Go nuts Jing. Full out, "Super-Sayan" or whatever.

Elfberserker

Liturgist
B1>A2

I think I am going to be contrarian here. Fighting him or telling him, we probably reveal our broken technique. Straight up telling him makes us more cooperative in his mind or either makes him more paranoid of us, probably both.

edit: corrected my A2 vote

Kipeci

Arcane
A2. I'll posit that while BJ is a skilled swordsman, a sword's only good if you have room to swing it. In grappling distance it's a hard sell.

Assuming that BJ (unlike us) doesn't have a technique to mess up people who get too close, how do you intend to get that deep within sword range when it's clear that he's taking this deadly serious? I think we should hesitate before depending on 'trollan' to win the fight for us, that was also what D advocates were saying would protect us.

Jester

Arbiter
God dmn it started again to like hobo rider idea, who knows mby captain unicorn will happened.

A2>A1

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Kayerts - D
ERYFKRAD - A2
Rex Feral - A1>A2>B2>B1
Azira - A1
Kz3r0 - A1
Elfberserker - B1>A2
Kipeci - A1
Akkudakku - A1>Bx
Ifeex - A1>Bx
Baltika9 - B2
Jester - A2>A1
Esquilax - B2>B1
asxetos - B1
Lambchop19 - A1>B1>C
Tigranes - A1>B2

Current tally:

A1 - 8
A2 - 2
B1 - 2
B2 - 2

Last edited:

Esquilax

Arcane
You also thought D was a good idea, Baltika9. :M

Haha, but seriously, I don't think you can compare D with B1/2, because one is flat-out retarded and the other is enough truth to make Bai Jiutian believe us. Look, he already suspects that we have the Wuxiang Qiankun Skill, but just because we can defeat him with the skill doesn't mean that he'll oblige us by taking a fight with us that he cannot win. He realizes that the more you fight a practitioner of WQS, the more moves that you give him, so there's really little point in him fighting us. Mark my words, BJ will confirm that we have the skill, then he'll run back to safety. He'd be a fool to fight us like this, and he won't - not when he's quicker than us and in his home turf.

So because of that, we need to find away to act beyond his expectations and surprise him.

B2 > B1

Rex Feral

Prophet
I just want us to get out of this alive. I don't care what the price is. After this shit is over I hope we go to Wudang.

a cut of domestic sheep prime

A1>B1>C - If we say we are lord of the fire temple, he'll assume that the manual is there and may be more active in rallying the sects against them.
And don't forget that Zhang is still alive. He can hear us too.

C and A2 sound like dead ends now that we know Zhang can interfere and that Bai will attack from behind. In A2, we could both battle to exhaustion and then Zhang would get up and kill us. In C, Bai would just attack us from behind again.

Tigranes

Arcane
Let's go back to the basics. We paid an opportunity cost and came here because we wanted something from BJ. We agreed to meet him in this secluded place because we wanted something from BJ. As a bonus we got him to kill (probably) Zhang Manxing, but the question still stands. What do we want from Bai Jiutian? It's ridiculous that we're only thinking of what we want to tell him - we didn't come here to just feed him some information.

So, route one: if we tell him about WQ, will he seek to capture, torture, or otherwise extract from us that information? Or will he be amenable to working with us in some capacity to try and learn it from us? I can actually see the rgument for A1, because if we can show that he cannot easily defeat us, he will believe it is too difficult to capture us and keep us subdued, and he will not want to tell anybody else and set them on our tail. It will force him to make some deal with us or at least keep in touch with us. I don't think B1 will work anywhere as well. If we are going to tell him about WQ, we should show it to him for the full effect.

Route two: if we don't want to tell him about WQ at all costs because we are committed to keeping it a secret from absolutely everyone, then we have to beat him (A2), lie to him (B2) or run (C). I'm not a huge fan of C because we came here to learn more about the manual search and potentially work together with him, and we'll be wasting a lot of time. I'm also not sure about B2 because, if anything, wouldn't he hate us even more, or at least, think of us as even less trustworthy, even more incorrigible, even more dangerous? Remember that BJ is committed to the orthodox order, and the switch from Bro Gen to Douchebag Gen is not something he's that happy about right now, either. So that leaves A2, which, if it works, is the 'best' option. But I'm not sure we can do it.

A1 > B2 for the moment. I think all in all A1 can actually work out fairly well in impressing on BJ that we can't be beaten easily, that it's not in his interests to give us away, etc. The only worry I have is that BJ's neigong will prevent us from using it properly.

Akkudakku

Arbiter
What a curiosity - a bad ending = sense in votes from the Codex :D

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom