Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

[LP CYOA] 傳

Absinthe

Arcane
Why did the votes have to get locked?

TOME

Cuckmaster General
Nobody was flopping and the discuss was going in circles. There was no point not locking the votes.

Elfberserker

Liturgist
Now we have time to discuss how to make the cheapest prison wine. Sober life is no life.

Cheapest?

Best thing that I think of is mixing cooling juice and water... But that stuff tends to cause blindness.

Fun facr: Some fish produce coolind products and alchohol by produce.
'I thin it was near -4 celsius or +4 celsious when they started to the stuff.

All from Unrealible Elfberserker!

TOME

Cuckmaster General
Besides, now we all can watch if Elfberserker can cure his eye infection with alcohol. Viina vanhin voitehista.

Absinthe

Arcane
A number of people were considering flopping however, but the votes got locked before that could happen.

Baltika9

Arcane
Elfberserker's class on Finnish alcohol and cheapo prison hootch is the most productive DISCUSS this LP has seen in the past week.

Esquilax

Arcane
A number of people were considering flopping however, but the votes got locked before that could happen.

Oh ffs, they weren't going to flop. People weren't going to go for A2 no matter how many times you alert them. Give it a fucking rest, it wasn't even close. I didn't even vote for A1 myself and I knew that the voting bloc wouldn't really budge from it. Maybe it's just hard to sell people on a risky choice like this right after a rollback.

Elfberserker

Liturgist
Besides, now we all can watch if Elfberserker can cure his eye infection with alcohol. Viina vanhin voitehista.

Dude I lost ,I eye sight from Suomi Viina. I thought this country was beyond crippling wine, especially one brought from state store. I tought that happened in Russia or other east block countries.

I also had this blindness about two months. All was well on Saturday and in Sunday morning the eyesight was gone.

The docture assures me that it will be gone and Indeed it has partially gone away, but I am still a sceptic

Last edited:

Absinthe

Arcane
Oh ffs, they weren't going to flop. People weren't going to go for A2 no matter how many times you alert them.
For the record, so far in this vote I only alerted people once (before the reload), unless I was responding to them. I try not to alert people too much just to ask them to vote my way.

I didn't even vote for A1 myself and I knew that the voting bloc wouldn't really budge from it. Maybe it's just hard to sell people on a risky choice like this right after a rollback.
I still have no idea why you came up with that B2 plan of yours.

Also, I think a few of the A1 could have flopped and there are a lot more voters in this LP than just that A1 block.

Last edited:

Jester

Arbiter
Aww. That might just be the tweetist thing anybody has said to me or I am drunk,

EDIT: I meant sweetist thing anybody said to me.

I am the most polite jackass on this forum after all. But dont worry we can find some bad side of situation when you will sober up... or down. I not going to force you to take any odd direction in your life. Enjoy the booze, music and girls when you can.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012

For the re-vote, I did say:

The voting will run for about 24 hours or so.

I don't have the time to write the update all at once, which is why it's taking longer.

But, okay.

If you're confident they're going to flop, have the floppers post their change of mind as soon as possible. You have 24 hours, I'll postpone any update writing till then.

Kz3r0

Arcane

For the re-vote, I did say:

The voting will run for about 24 hours or so.

I don't have the time to write the update all at once, which is why it's taking longer.

But, okay.

If you're confident they're going to flop, have the floppers post their change of mind as soon as possible. You have 24 hours, I'll postpone any update writing till then.
I am against it, and A2 is another game over.

Absinthe

Arcane
You've always been against it for poorly articulated reasons, Kz3r0.

And I'm still of the opinion that considering Jing has been honing his martial arts every waking moment, there is no sane reason for him to have magically fallen behind Bai Jiutian. We even pushed our swordsmanship as far as it could go recently. The last we skipped on swordsmanship is where we chose Wuxiang Qiankun meditation over a sword tech and picked up a +2 to qinggong (with a very important +1 agi).

Even if Bai Jiutian blocks our blows like he did just now, our improved leeching will still put us far ahead, especially considering Bai Jiutian's neigong is weaker than ours to begin with. Rex Feral, Tigranes, ScubaV, Ifeex, would you be up for flopping to A2? Grimgravy, Smashing Axe, would you be willing to adjust your conditional votes?

Treave had the following to say about the viability of A2:
thanks to your qi-absorbing abilities, if you manage to hold out for long enough he'll likely exhaust himself before you do.
If you don't think you can land a single hit on him without using Wuxiang Qiankun then the most that A1 can do is perhaps help you stalemate him or not lose as badly, and A2 is suicide. In that case, do consider C.

Or D.

Also, there's the following to consider about qi leeching and A1:
If you're assuming that you can't get in close enough to do the occasional absorption in the first place then you better talk or run, because there is no way you will win in that scenario. Besides, you have greater reserves than he does to start off with, as far as you know.
So there are two interpretations here: Either Bai Jiutian has lower reserves than us and qi leeching should be very effective on him or Bai Jiutian is intentionally lowering his qi for now and the moment we use Wuxiang Qiankun, he will use his full qi and end it (since we cannot use Wuxiang Qiankun on people unless they have less qi than Jing).

Either way, A2 is looking good here.

Last edited:

Sunnmøring

Novice
Oh, come on! You guys just HAD to get Jing killed again, didn't you? And now the update's delayed for no reason at all, too.

Absinthe

Arcane
A2 at least stands a chance of being +1 swords.
Yeah, I'll address that, but before that I'll remain on my previous stance that I can't confirm or deny any skill boosts at the moment.
But for the most part I expect Wuxiang Qiankun to fail somehow because fucking Bai Jiutian would have to be retarded to just let that work on him, so we get dragged into the same fight as A2, except he knows we have Wuxiang Qiankun now. It's fucking dumb.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom