Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

[LP CYOA] 傳

asxetos

Augur
I am suggesting that in the A2 fight we might lose an arm whereas in the A1 we might just lose an ear or something.

Absinthe

Arcane
And what about the high likelihood that Bai Jiutian has a plan for dealing with Wuxiang Qiankun?

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
And what about the inevitable certainty that's what's gonna happen is more or less gonna happen, just chill guys.

Absinthe

Arcane
Eh, folks still have the option to switch to A2. Sue me for explaining why I think they should.

TOME

Cuckmaster General
Hopefully we don't lose our balls. Since we found WQS, I have envisioned the last update of this CYOA to be a fight between Jing and Zhang Jue, and the winner would be the one who has more manlier Manly Lion’s Violent Roar. And for that we need both of our balls.

asxetos

Augur
He will probably know how to defend against his own moves and be ready for them, yes, but there is nothing more to do against WQ.
If he uses a countermove, he is revealing his weak point anyway.

Absinthe

Arcane
TOME, Yang Xue is still around. I expect we'll see him at the Huashan Summit. And the Zhang family are collecting manuals, as is Nie Wuxing.

Asxetos:
My most likely scenario for how A1 will turn into surprise failure is that Bai Jiutian will turn out to have been holding back his qi to bait us into using Wuxiang Qiankun, and then he will simply immediately raise his qi to negate our Wuxiang Qiankun (can't use it on people who have as much qi as you do) at an opportune moment during the sword fight and in that moment when we are caught off-guard, Bai Jiutian fucks us up before we can recover.

asxetos

Augur
Wuxiang Qiankun tries to immitate his moves. If he has higher Qi, we cant immitate him and the battle proceeds as in A2. If he uses it once at a Qi level we can immitate, then we can use it too for some time. It doesnt matter if he uses more Qi on his consequent attacks. I dont think WQS can be used against us unless we rely only on the skills we immitate.

Absinthe

Arcane
Wuxiang Qiankun tries to immitate his moves. If he has higher Qi, we cant immitate him and the battle proceeds as in A2. If he uses it once at a Qi level we can immitate, then we can use it too for some time. It doesnt matter if he uses more Qi on his consequent attacks.
The main point is that the moment Bai Jiutian raises his qi, Jing immediately misses his step and stumbles, then BJ fucks us up in that moment while we're off-balance. Mind, getting fucked up by BJ's sword sounds like a terrible idea.

I dont think WQS can be used against us unless we rely only on the skills we immitate.
I'm pretty sure A1 is the choice where Jing relies on Wuxiang Qiankun.

Last edited:

Akkudakku

Arbiter
Wuxiang Qiankun tries to immitate his moves. If he has higher Qi, we cant immitate him and the battle proceeds as in A2. If he uses it once at a Qi level we can immitate, then we can use it too for some time. It doesnt matter if he uses more Qi on his consequent attacks.
The main point is that the moment Bai Jiutian raises his qi, Jing immediately misses his step and stumbles, then BJ fucks us up in that moment while we're off-balance. Mind, getting fucked up by BJ's sword sounds like a terrible idea.

I dont think WQS can be used against us unless we rely only on the skills we immitate.
I'm pretty sure A1 is the choice where Jing relies on Wuxiang Qiankun.

But with WQ we dont lose enemy moves imidiately it happens after a few minutes. Also Jing will FEEL he lost qi feedback and can't copycat anymore - so he should revert to his own repertoire at that moment.

Absinthe

Arcane
But with WQ we dont lose enemy moves immediately it happens after a few minutes.
The problem isn't that we instantly lose enemy moves. The problem is that while Jing is using Wuxiang Qiankun, he is focusing on mirroring Bai Jiutian. If Bai Jiutian immediately raises his qi, our mirroring will go wrong. In that moment where we botch it, that's all the opening Bai Jiutian needs, assuming that accidentally pushing our Wuxiang Qiankun beyond our level by itself won't mess us up. Sure, afterwards we can probably still copy the moves we saw earlier for a while but there shouldn't be an afterwards since the only time we'd really use Wuxiang Qiankun is during the sword-fight and messing up there = defeat.

Also Jing will FEEL he lost qi feedback and can't copycat anymore - so he should revert to his own repertoire at that moment.
Our Wuxiang Qiankun is at level 1 (complete beginner) right now. I have my doubts about Jing being so capable he would manage to pull back right at the right moment. It's not like Bai Jiutian flips a switch to instantly switch from Low Qi to incompatible High Qi either. He increases his qi and our Wuxiang Qiankun would copy him until that moment where we've gone beyond our abilities. Then, shit happens.

Last edited:

TOME

Cuckmaster General
B-but in A2 Bai Jiutian can pull a machine gun from her ass and shoot us = instant defeat.

I'm not sure which is more likely scenario, yours or mine.

Absinthe

Arcane
In other words you're out of arguments but you'd still like to pretend you're somehow right so all you're left with is hollow mockery.

Absinthe

Arcane
He can if he's just been holding back right now.

If you have neigong 8, I'm pretty sure you can just use neigong 6 and then increase back to neigong 8.

TOME

Cuckmaster General
But if BJ has been holding back his sword skill then we are screwed in A2. BJ could have 12 in swords for all we know.

Absinthe

Arcane
Like I said, you're out of arguments, so all you're left with is hollow mockery.

:nocountryforshitposters:

You can stop shitposting now.

asxetos

Augur
Absinthe your arguments imply that BJ is so much superior that he can aford to "go easy" against Jing, even if we are using a legendary skill. I dont think that is the case.
Anyway, i am off for now but will be back later for some drunken arguing probably.

Absinthe

Arcane
Asxetos, I never implied Bai Jiutian would just fight us with 6 or 7 neigong. Odds are he will have to use his 8 neigong either way, but for now he's just trying to bait out Wuxiang Qiankun and if we fall for that, raising his neigong back to 8 would cause us to fuck up and lose. That's not what I'd call "going easy."

Last edited:

Kipeci

Arcane
Imagine Jing countering Bai's swordsmanship and tech with Huashan techniques... then he can't because Bai just raised his neigong. That kinda like charging into a gunfight and unloading your pistol at a enemy in body-armor, strong enough to deflect your bullets but not ALL of them... then your gun clicks empty and turns your magazine had half of its ammo dumped away before the fight by your enemy. You're left clutching a big piece of metal and plastic uselessely, your oponent, on the other hand, still has his weapons (gun/knife/hands).

If Jing's in close due to countering BJ's sword techniques when the latter pulls two neigong levels out of his ass then he's still better off than he would be otherwise because he's in short range (best for our unarmed combat skills), and on top of that he's still able to use the moves that he copied earlier. He won't be able to copy new ones, but there's no reason to think that Jing will suddenly become a retarded manboon who can only stand in place before BJ cuts him down.

Absinthe

Arcane
Kipeci, there are two things you are ignoring:
  1. You keep assuming that Jing will somehow fail cleanly. If Jing fails, he will be at least momentarily thrown off balance from misusing his neigong. For one brief moment, Jing's neigong fucks up and that's when Bai Jiutian strikes.
  2. This won't happen when we're in close range because we wouldn't be using Wuxiang Qiankun there (that's when we use our own techs). He'd raise his neigong when we are copying his sword tech.

Baltika9

Arcane
Bros, treave's comment on how us getting snipped would negatively affect our qi and WQS made me think: what is it that BJ wants? He already decided that we learned something in Tufan and is now confirming it. So if we show him our WQS in a fight where we can't bluff of it's origins, he'll automatically make the correct guess. Then we're useless to him as he already knows it's origins and he might as well cripple us as a man and a fighter with a quick snip. Bitches be crazy like that.
What do you think, bros?

Kipeci

Arcane
  1. You keep assuming that Jing will somehow fail cleanly. If Jing fails, he will be at least momentarily thrown off balance from misusing his neigong. For one brief moment, Jing's neigong fucks up and that's when Bai Jiutian strikes.
And you have the exact quote from treave on this being a thing that happens, right? Otherwise people might think that you were pulling this point entirely out of your ass.
  1. This won't happen when we're in close range because we wouldn't be using Wuxiang Qiankun there (that's when we use our own techs). He'd raise his neigong when we are copying his sword tech.
I was going off of the 'we're left in front of him and we've blown our load' comment which posited that we'd be right next to him when we get screwed over. If we're at a distance anyway then we've still managed to copy a couple of his sword moves so we're still better off.

Nevill

Arcane
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
What do you think, bros?
I think that the information about WQS manual being in Tufan is about as relevant as the information about Xiaoming Jiuyang manual being in China.

That is, useless.

The question of what would Bai do when he confirms we have the skill is pretty much open.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom