Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

[LP CYOA] 傳

Absinthe

Arcane
Flop to B1 then since we learn a Jiuyin technique with it.

Bai Jiutian will still have a lot of difficulty learning Wuxiang Qiankun. We lucked out with our qi that happened to perfectly match the requirements. Plus I think at this point it's better to aim for a real alliance. If BJ helps us vs the Zhang family and overthrows the current heads of Huashan that will make life easier on us.

Baltika9

Arcane
treave, what is so special and different about Xuezi's WQS training? Can she tell us what direction she will take it in?

Baltika9

Arcane
More questions: is the Cult's fire neiggong usable with our own, or do we have to switch between them; and does Armaiti have some Middle Eastern saber techs to teach us?

Nevill

Arcane
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Also, I am inclined to agree with ScubaV that we're probably giving up the WQS away for peanuts.
Funny, because with the recent commentary it reads "you offer to teach the basics of WQS in exchange for the basics of Jiuyin tech". How is that not a fair trade?

Bai Jiutian is not our imediate enemy, and I really don't want to gimp ourselves because of being stingy when we are setting zhang clan after us.

Last edited:

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
More questions: is the Cult's fire neiggong usable with our own, or do we have to switch between them; and does Armaiti have some Middle Eastern saber techs to teach us?

It'll be merged, and she isn't offering any saber techs for you.

Absinthe

Arcane
Treave, Wuxiang Qiankun being... well... formless, we should be able to develop it multiple ways, yes?

Also, we should probably inform Bai Jiutian about any anti-pregnancy herbal treatments, etc. that we know of.

Baltika9

Arcane
Good. She'll be in the last month of pregnancyby the time of the Huehueshan Summit and hence won't participate.
Besides, Madam Nie definitely knows how to fix 'accidents' like these.

Azira

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
But Jing telling BJ is better than Madam Nie telling her. This way, BJ is put somewhat in Jing's debt, seeing as BJ can keep a possible pregnancy and abortion secret.

Baltika9

Arcane
WQS for a Ying tech is good enough of an olive branch. Besides, we need a backup character in case Jing dies.

Smashing Axe

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
Those of you voting A3 please consider changing your vote to A3>B3 since the votes are being counted together as a block. I really don't want to give BJ our best skill, either from some useless feeling of guilt or for a few chump moves. Especially to someone who has every reason to eventually betray us. Who has loyalties to others who directly oppose us, and is someone who is remorselessly practical about murder. It's just not going to end well.

Nevill

Arcane
You mean, it is a bad idea for BJ to share her best Jinyin technique with someone who has blackmail on her, has every reason to eventually betray her, has loyalties with those who directly oppose Huashan, and is quite a murderer himself in exchange for the basics of WQS?

Sounds legit.

Smashing Axe

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
You mean, it is a bad idea for BJ to share her best Jinyin technique with someone who has blackmail on her, has every reason to eventually betray her, has loyalties with those who directly oppose Huashan, and is quite a murderer himself in exchange for the basics of WQS?

Sounds legit.
Is she actually sharing her best technique? I somehow doubt that.

BJ knows very little of our actual loyalties really. She just knows that we stir up trouble wherever we go. The Emperor connection still isn't really known either.

But yes, if what BJ was actually sharing was of equivalent value to WQS, it'd be a bad idea for her to share it with us. But I don't think it is so we get screwed on this deal. Our goals conflict with one another and I doubt she would turn from her path. We're not going to be forming any magical unbreakable bonds of friendship with her.

Furthermore BJ hasn't shown any signs of the sentimentality we have, and I think she is much more likely to execute her will regardless of moral qualms than we are. She might not like it, but she will try to kill us if it's necessary to achieving her ambitions. All that crap about honour is just for public show.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Actually, A3 is an unintended consequence of the way I set up the voting this time. It was too much trouble to make 3 restricted to B, and I just didn't actually expect anyone to be optimistic enough to vote for that particular combination.

If you guys want to flop or make conditionals, better hurry. You might yet have B3 tie with B1.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
You mean, it is a bad idea for BJ to share her best Jinyin technique with someone who has blackmail on her, has every reason to eventually betray her, has loyalties with those who directly oppose Huashan, and is quite a murderer himself in exchange for the basics of WQS, which she may be competent enough to expand upon and trounce us with, effectively negating any hold we can have on her?
Sounds legit alright.

Nevill

Arcane
Is she actually sharing her best technique? I somehow doubt that.
I don't.
Not an all-female sect, and I forgot to add that Jiuyin technique. You can learn its basics with 1 or 2.

BJ knows very little of our actual loyalties really.
So what do we know about hers? They aren't with Nie Wuxing, they aren't with zhang clan, and at most they align with, but not really match the ones of Madam Nie. How come BJ is declared Shulgi already?

But yes, if what BJ was actually sharing was of equivalent value to WQS, it'd be a bad idea for her to share it with us.
Why? She seeks to become strong enough to stand against zhang clan without Madam Nie's support. We seek the power to protect ourselves from the same enemy. How come the mutual exchange of our trade secrets is to our detriment?

I repeat, we have much more immediate enemies than Bai Jiutian, and so does she.

Our goals conflict with one another and I doubt she would turn from her path.
How come? What is our goal? What is hers?

We're not going to be forming any magical unbreakable bonds of friendship with her.
Friendship is not the only thing that makes people work together.

Furthermore BJ hasn't shown any signs of the sentimentality we have, and I think she is much more likely to execute her will regardless of moral qualms than we are. She might not like it, but she will try to kill us if it's necessary to achieving her ambitions. All that crap about honour is just for public show.
How is that different from what she knows of our character? If she thinks that much about us and is wrong, could it be that you might be mistaken about her as well?

Sounds legit alright.
She can expand on the basics we teach to her, but we can't. Alright.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom