Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

[LP CYOA] 傳

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
She is BJ man.

Nevill

Arcane
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
She is BJ man.
Sorry, two letters don't explain anything in itself. Please elaborate.

She is BJ, we are MTP. What of it?

In our 19 years we have achieved what she did in her 23. We are not inherently inferior to her when it comes to learning or devising new techniques.

Smashing Axe

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
Is she actually sharing her best technique? I somehow doubt that.
I don't.
Not an all-female sect, and I forgot to add that Jiuyin technique. You can learn its basics with 1 or 2.

BJ knows very little of our actual loyalties really.
So what do we know about hers? They aren't with Nie Wuxing, they aren't with zhang clan, and at most they align, but not really match the ones of Madam Nie. How come BJ is declared Shulgi already?

But yes, if what BJ was actually sharing was of equivalent value to WQS, it'd be a bad idea for her to share it with us.
Why? She seeks to become strong enough to stand against zhang clan without Madam Nie's support. We seek the power to protect ourselves from the same enemy. How come the mutual exchange of our trade secrets is to our detriment?

I repeat, we have much more immediate enemies than Bai Jiutian, and so does she.

Our goals conflict with one another and I doubt she would turn from her path.
How come?

We're not going to be forming any magical unbreakable bonds of friendship with her.
Friendship is not the only thing that makes people work together.

Furthermore BJ hasn't shown any signs of the sentimentality we have, and I think she is much more likely to execute her will regardless of moral qualms than we are. She might not like it, but she will try to kill us if it's necessary to achieving her ambitions. All that crap about honour is just for public show.
How is that different from what she knows of our character? If she thinks that much about us and is wrong, could it be that you might be mistaken about her as well?

Sounds legit alright.
She can expand on the basics we teach to her, but we can't. Alright.
Yeah, I know, in the short term she's probably solid, but in the long-term she's shown every intention of harming us and has gunned for us consistently in the past. When we met with her before she told us that we are a concern that needed to be dealt with, and were on her mistress' shit list. While she's perhaps not the most loyal dedicate when it comes to her own ambition, I can't see a situation where she would forsake Huashan for us, and we know Huashan is eventually going to be gunning for us, 1. because we're the leader of the fire temple. 2. because we're a threat to the status quo.

Also the two skills are not of equivalent value. WQS is one of the three divine, nothing else we have seen or heard of compares. Keep in mind when I say sharing WQS will be to our detriment, I am not speaking in the short-term. I don't doubt the alliance will last in the short-term until Zhang is dealt with. After that, there's no reason for it to continue, and plenty for it to end.

Nevill

Arcane
Yeah, I know, in the short term she's probably solid, but in the long-term she's shown every intention of harming us and has gunned for us consistently. When we met with her before she told us we are concern that needed to be dealt with, and were on her mistresses' shit list. While she's perhaps not the most loyal dedicate when it comes to her own ambition, I can't see a situation where she would forsake Huashan for us, and we know Huashan is eventually going to be gunning for us, 1. because we're the leader of the fire temple. 2. because we're a threat to the status quo.
Or maybe status quo is exactly what she is unsatisfied with? It can't be good when Wuxing is ready to throw everything he has to manlou's feet in a bid for power.

Bai Jiutian showed that she has a tendency for independence. While we are on her mistress' (s)hit list, it does not mean she is going to do her bidding forever. She certainly forgot about her 'duties' when it came to her own benefits.

Also the two skills are not of equivalent value. WQS is one of the three divine, nothing else we have seen or heard of compares.
And the Jiuyin technique in question is not something that is copied from one of the three legendary manuals?

Keep in mind when I say sharing WQS will be to our detriment, I am not speaking in the short-term. I don't doubt the alliance will last in the short-term until Zhang is dealt with. After that, there's no reason for it to continue, and plenty for it to end.
I'd say it would be nice to live so long that Bai Jiutian will become the biggest of our troubles.

Last edited:

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
FFS, why are you taking the guy who accused a roast duck of murder seriously, Nevill?

Also, I dunno man, I'm just not keen on sharing anything with BJ. At all. Not yet, at least.

Nevill

Arcane
FFS, why are you taking the guy who accused a roast duck of murder seriously, Nevill?
Because it was an accomplice? We failed to crack the case fully open, but I am sure there was more to it.

Also, I dunno man, I'm just not keen on sharing anything with BJ. At all. Not yet, at least.
The situation is dire enough with zhang clan in hot pursuit, and things are only going to get worse from here when the word - or even a rumor - about the manual gets out.

We need all the guns we can get.

Smashing Axe

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
Or maybe status quo is exactly what she is unsatisfied with? It can't be good when Wuxing is ready to throw everything he has to manlou's feet in a bid for power.

Bai Jiutian showed that she has a tendency for independence. While we are on her mistress' (s)hit list, it does not mean she is going to do her bidding forever. She certainly forgot about her 'duties' when it came to her own benefits.

And the Jiuyin technique in question is not something that is copied from one of the three legendary manuals?

I'd say it would be nice to live so long that Bai Jiutian will become the biggest of our troubles.
We're a threat to the status quo, so we're a threat to Huashan. BJ isn't going to forsake her sect for our sake, and will probably be expected to lead the fight against the Fire Temple when the time has come. She's a slave to reputation after all.

Is the Jiuyin directly from one of the three legendary manuals? Must of missed that. Even so, WQS is still not something I'd want a rival having.

Also BJ has always been one of our biggest troubles.

Nevill

Arcane
Yeah, but this is a gun with greater potential to backfire than most.
Well, you have to offer her something to get something of value in return. I do think the value of what we can offer to each other is equal, and I do hope to accumulate enough goodwill with her for the time being.

Is the Jiuyin directly from one of the three legendary manuals? Must of missed that. Even so, WQS is still not something I'd want a rival having.
If our WQS can't copy it, and the legendary manual is titled 'Jiuyin Divine Skill', I suppose it is.

Also BJ has always been one of our biggest troubles.
We have clashed with her 2 times before, with no real harm. We also have worked with her twice - when we were resquing Qilin and during Songfeng. She is not after our companions, she is not a poisoner, and she is not someone with power outside of her martial abilities. Out of everything we've encountered so far, from mercenaries to eunuchs, she is the most straightforward, and dare I say, honorable (yes, yes, I know).

She is a rival, but not exactly an enemy. Which is what the latest arc was all about.

Last edited:

Jester

Arbiter

We shared bed.... emmmm ground already? Should i check what you voted last time?

Last edited:

Jester

Arbiter

Wait, wait a minute Duck wasn't the culprit?

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron

We shared bed.... emmmm ground already? Should i check what you voted last time?
I believe I didn't even vote. Also, I THOUGHT it was the duck, but now I'm wondering if the spices on it had anything to do with it.

archaen

Cipher
Patron
I think everyone voting for teaching Bai WQS might take into consideration her mastery of hiding her female qi and using it to power male techniques might give her a jump start on being able to utilize it.

B2 A XI X

Akkudakku

Arbiter
I think everyone voting for teaching Bai WQS might take into consideration her mastery of hiding her female qi and using it to power male techniques might give her a jump start on being able to utilize it.

B2 A XI X
Whatever. We are trying to build an aliance here. Being a dick to your ally ends in your ally not being your ally.

Last edited:

Esquilax

Arcane
Yeah, I can agree with that. If you don't want to trade, then don't, but dealing with BJ in bad faith is a terrible idea. We might not like each other, but our interactions have been mostly civilized. And she was honest enough to tell us that she would be blaming us for Zhang Manxing's death right now, which implies that there is some sort of respect between us that we can use as a foundation for a working relationship. Because of that, the best move is either to make the trade fairly, or to simply go our separate ways.

Anyways, after having thought about it some more, the technique trade is fair. The basics of a Jiuyin technique that will provide two extra moves for our Yuchang Sword will give us some more tools now that the Zhang family will be coming down on us. These people are very powerful, and now that we're about to attract their full wrath, we gotta look into getting as powerful as possible, as fast as possible so that we can defend ourselves against them.

On that note, flopping to B1 B IV XI

Absinthe

Arcane
Hey treave, I've got a question: Is it possible for us to leech qi in Order mode? And if we use Wuxiang Qiankun to mirror someone else's qi, couldn't we just absorb their qi without even assimilating it?

Absinthe

Arcane
Hm, surprised. In that case, could we develop those abilities down the line?

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom