Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

[LP CYOA] 傳

Absinthe

Arcane
I don't think they're completely serious about killing us though. And I'm pretty sure we want to make a good impression on them, considering the Ten Swords summit, unless you really think we can kill them now.

Baltika9

Arcane
Uh. What? They ate totally after our head, as in trying to kill us. They're just being polite about it.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Like I said, it's lke they're being pressured into this. I'm all for getting them off that hook and into our hook.

Absinthe

Arcane
ERYFKRAD, I don't think we're anywhere near good enough for A2 though. I also have my doubts about A1 in a 1v2 against these two. B3 is probably our best bet.

Baltika9, problem is winning. I suspect we can make them retreat for now, but actually beating them - I seriously doubt that. Besides, what's the problem with partnering with Yifang?

Baltika9

Arcane
Baltika9, problem is winning. I suspect we can make them retreat for now, but actually beating them - I seriously doubt that. Besides, what's the problem with partnering with Yifang?
Yunzi is a better fighter all-around, not just in swords, us and Yunzi have a tsundere thing going and tandem fighting is the best way to break the ice.
Since when has sensible thinking been a factor in how I vote anyway?
Go A2. We are awesome enough.
:troll:

Absinthe

Arcane
Well, I don't think Yunzi is a bad pick, but I do think she's worse than Yifang in these circumstances.

Baltika9

Arcane
Agree to disagree then. I maintain that this is not strictly a sword fight, that Yunzi is a better fighter than Yifang right now and that get and Jing have the best spontaneous teamwork or of the group. Just look at all the times they fought together.

Nevill

Arcane
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
I don't think it matters what kind of combat it is, sword or not. We would be able to somewhat match BJ if we managed to close the distance. Yunzi is fast and has imba Vairya technique. She'll hold her own. She wasn't at all inconvenienced in the Tufan tournament where participants employed various weapons, and some of them were quite dangerous.

Yifang is not experienced in a fight to the death, and those two aren't joking. I think she would manage to hold her ground, but I would not bet on a major progress.

Besides, Yunzi is ideal for fighting in a formation. We are so alike that the synchronicity of our thoughts and actions cost Tenzin his life. This will come in handy here.

Last edited:

Absinthe

Arcane
Certainly Yunzi is capable, but I also think these are the best circumstances for Yifang to showcase her strengths, and that girl is strong in the way of the sword.

I also think they'd have a better opinion of us if we teamed with Yifang for a noble sword contest rather than Yunzi for a brawl. And because there is the Ten Swords gathering (and the vote-count for a leader) to worry about, I'd rather they like us and respect our swordsmanship.

Baltika9

Arcane
Personally, I'm down with Esquilax's plan for making Shangguan the leader. We won't be elected with our reputation anyway.
If they're upset with how we fight them, then they can kiss our ass. If you come up to the MTP and say you're going to kill him;, then you forfeit all bitching rights.

Absinthe

Arcane
I think I was the one who suggested that plan first, and while that is my intention, we're still going to have to work on getting people to side with us. Shangguan himself is too much of a recluse to bother convincing other people to vote for him.

Nevill

Arcane
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
They'll respect whatever can best them in a fair fight. You don't come for the head of a master of unarmed fighting with his similarly oriented friends and then complain they beat you without a sword.

Absinthe

Arcane
Sure, but in the Ten Swords conference, I'm pretty sure they'll respect sword skills more than unarmed skills.

Kipeci

Arcane
Very neat! We also got an intelligence boost from all that meditation, in addition to all the other stuff that's been pointed out. That's on par with our base agility and strength now, though I doubt Xu Jing is going to settle down and use those skills as some great scholar.

Baltika9

Arcane
No, but we can finally train up our military knowledge and become a Chinese Napoleon.

Last edited:

Esquilax

Arcane
Killing intent isn't all or nothing. There are degrees.

I dunno bro, you either want to kill someone or you don't. While they're obviously not enthusiastic about this business, when it gets down to it, they're here for Jing's head. Not that they can't be swayed otherwise, of course.

Anyways, if we're talking about the sort of move that Zuo Qingfeng and You Lanhai will respect the most, I suspect that it would be taking them both on solo:

“We have our… difficulties,” says You Lanhai regretfully. “We only have business with you… please ask your friends to stay out of this if they do not want to get hurt.” She casts an imploring look at Yunzi, who seems to be preparing for a fight.

They're reluctant to come after us, but I suspect that they'd appreciate not involving others to fight on our behalf. I don't see why they would really give a fuck about which person we have fighting with us when they probably see our companions as bystanders who they'd prefer not to kill. They don't want to do any more damage here than they absolutely have to. Whether we'll be able to take on two fantastic martial artists with Great Swords that work perfectly together as a team is another issue altogether, though. Personally, I think that we'd be able to hold our own with WQS, though I'm not sure whether it'll be worth it. At any rate, it does seem to be a surer way to diplomacy IMO.

Also, I wonder what the consequences of unleashing WQS here will be. I suspect that if it becomes known that we have it, we'll probably have to deal with Huashan, Kunlun and Taishan coming after us, in addition to the Zhang Clan.

Absinthe

Arcane
I have my doubts. Even with Wuxiang Qiankun, these are still two sword masters wielding legendary swords against one Jing, and they seem to specialize in working together.

B is still a fair match and one we can handle, with the right partner. The only reason they ask for A is because they expect to just kill us.

Fangshi

Arcane
A1>B6>B7>B3

I want to see if we can take them but am not confident enough to do it without the WQS. I am also somewhat concerned that if we take a partner we will get in each other's way, Jing tends to fight alone whereas these two are likely used to fighting alongside one another. A partner could be a disadvantage in some situations I suppose though there is no guarantee of this of course.

Failing that I would take a partner: Yunzi, Armaiti, or Yifang in that order. Yunzi seems like a good choice, she has a nice base of techs and skills to work from. She thinks in a similar manner to Jing so they could in theory work together better and she seems willing to do this. If not Yunzi then I would pick Armaiti as
arguably the strongest of our companions she should be able to hold her own. Finally Yifang could be useful, she has the skills, but I am concerned that she does not have the will to kill if necessary. I would not want to take someone that will hesitate into a potential fight to the death with two skilled opponents. I would prefer if everyone (on both sides) walks away from this but if we have to kill them I want someone around who can and will do it.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom