Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

[LP CYOA] 傳

Kz3r0

Arcane
C.

A

Last edited:

Smashing Axe

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
C>A

I get the feeling we're going to aggravate the monks regardless of what we do. At least if they try to execute Xuxian or something.

Nevill

Arcane
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Our goal here is to make Xuxian into an ally and prevent him and his technique from falling into the hands of zhang clan. Potentially, even have him teach us the tech.

Clearly the best way to do this is to antagonize the faction he came to apologize to.

Esquilax

Arcane
We are here to gain Xuxian as an ally and hopefully to maybe smooth things over with Shaolin. Remember the rep boost that we had with them after we took the responsibility for Zhang Manxing's death? Perhaps they can be an ally in the coming confrontation with the Zhang Clan. And really, between two practitioners of legendary techniques, we should be able to handle ourselves just fine.

Also:

You push your way past the gates with the girls in tow. There is no need to be subtle here – the rules about not allowing women are generally exempted for their fellow orthodox pugilists when they visited, and you do not think you should be afforded any less courtesy.

I get it, it's not fair that we aren't afforded the same courtesies that orthodox pugilists are because of our bad reputation. However, if we extend an olive branch here, we might be able to make a decent impression like we did with Zuo Qingfeng and his wife. And if some of the monks decide to confuse our offer of peace for weakness, we have more than enough power between ourselves and Xuxian to defend ourselves.

A

Nevill

Arcane
I am sure they will all convert to Zoroastrianism on the spot at a sight of the Holy Maiden and her Amesha Spenta on Shaolin grounds, adding another faction to our allies in jianghu.

Akkudakku

Arbiter
Wait a fucking second, FLOP TO A! I wont be held responsible for us NOT getting a legendary tech. They can't just kill us for nothing. But then again we shouldn't leave girls all alone ;/

Elfberserker

Liturgist
A

leaving our women at the gates is the price we have to pay since we are unorthodoxia. I am bit worried that someone might to strike our girls, but they have plenty of firepower and streetsmarts to hold their own.

Esquilax

Arcane

This was a reference to a series of (terrible) arguments a while back whenever we had the option to help Shun with something after we made him Emperor. Sometimes people would justify it with "Oh well, if Shun can't rule his Empire competently himself, it deserves to die!" I figure I'd use the same argumentation with the girls as well.

But seriously, there are seven of them, all competent martial artists. They should be fine without us.

Elfberserker

Liturgist
I am bit worried that someone might to strike our girls, but they have plenty of firepower and streetsmarts to hold their own.

If Shun the girls can't protect the Empire themselves, then they deserve to die.

:troll:

This was a reference to a series of (terrible) arguments a while back whenever we had the option to help Shun with something after we made him Emperor. Sometimes people would justify it with "Oh well, if Shun can't rule his Empire competently himself, it deserves to die!" I figure I'd use the same argumentation with the girls as well.

But seriously, there are seven of them, all competent martial artists. They should be fine without us.

Oh god, I remember those arguments.

If Shun only had been a girl then there would be nothing to argue about:neveraskedforthis:

Smashing Axe

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
Maybe, maybe Shun is a girl and we just don't know it yet? We just have to believe hard enough. It worked with BJ, right?

Elfberserker

Liturgist
Is it just me or is the shaoling guy going to have his power sealed?

It would be perhaps only punishment fitting they crime, sine shaolin doesn't allow execution but it's a strict temple.

asxetos

Augur
Since they accept visiting female pugilists, cant we just ask if they will accept the girls (maybe some of them?) without causing trouble and proceed like A?

Akkudakku

Arbiter
Since they accept visiting female pugilists, cant we just ask if they will accept the girls (maybe some of them?) without causing trouble and proceed like A?
I double this.

No I don't actually we should not split them apart if there is only a few that will stay out of Shaolin. They have more chances against someone if they are together.

Ganymede

Learned
If they'll make concessions to an orthodox sect then they can bloody well do the same for the Lord of the Fire Temple.

C

Tigranes

Arcane
B > A.

Shaolin are probably a bunch of uptight pricks and I'm not that fussed about making buddy buddy with them. In fact, I'm not too sure why we're here, and our presence might make them be even meaner to Xuxian. I suppose there is something to be learnt about the manual if we are lucky.

Nevill

Arcane
Here is a faction that improved their opinion on us since we were announced as manxing's killer (which implies, among other things, that they are one of the few major orthodox sects who weren't receiving checks from the zhang clan), home to the people who were willing to give us the benefit of the doubt in Qingcheng. The obvious way to help Xuxian make amends with them would be to barge in their territory with people that some of them may blame for the death of their previous Abbott, and piss on their rules, because Xu Jing is too edgy to earn respect - and the right to be offered courtesies - the old way. I have no doubt the monk will be suitably impressed, and it will strengthen his case and our friendship immensely.

But since I only want bad things to happen to Xu Jing, I'll have to vote for a suboptimal A.

Shaolin are probably a bunch of uptight pricks and I'm not that fussed about making buddy buddy with them.
Sure, and their opinion on us reflects that. They are almost as bad as Huashan. Xuzhan is practically Bai Jiutian incarnate.

Only Wudang are worse.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom