Official RPG Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

[LP CYOA] 傳

Discussion in 'Choose Your Own Adventure Land' started by treave, Aug 29, 2013.

1. Baltika9 Arcane

Baltika9
    :salute: Wuxia is wuxia, things like this are to be expected. It was pretty fucking obvious that Yifang was a poor choice here because of her mentality. The only thing I'm really upset about is that we broke the BROnamoto wodao.
    treave, can it be reforged?

^ Top  
  2. Fangshi Arcane

Fangshi
    Ah well, better luck next time.

In the future we should probably pair the upstanding members of our group up against enemies they would have no problem fighting. Villains that they can defeat heroically (and which they will not have to kill), it will play better to their strengths. Next time we have to fight 'good' people we really should go with our girls that have fewer moral compunctions.

We will just have to think of a way to cheer up Yunzi and Qilin.

B for the first choice.

They are being pushed into this and I can see where they are coming from, they should not have to die for this. A few things work in their favour, as long as it looks like they are trying to kill us their children will be safe so there is that, we should have a little time here. It is also unlikely that the zhangs will kill their children too quickly or they risk turning two very skilled swordsmen into eternal enemies. If anything happens to their children those two will be after the zhangs until they are dead so that also works in our favour. Now there is the slight possibility that the children are already dead and that the zhangs are lying but that goes against the conventions of the genre and the zhangs have at least two very good reasons (Zuo and You) to keep them alive and safe.

Additionally Zuo Qingfeng and You Lanhai seem to be very upstanding pugilists, if we deal fairly and honourably with them they should continue to show us the same courtesy. If we can help save their children we should be able to turn them into strong and loyal allies. With their two legendary swords, ours, and the Saint's we could form a fairly powerful block come the summit so there is also that to consider.

Finally as Esquilax mentioned it is doubtful that Yifang and Lingshu would go along with killing them now, we don't want to have all of the girls angry at us at the same time, right? ;)

B for the second choice as well.

If things are starting to ramp up I would rather not send her off into an even more dangerous situation and I doubt that Qilin's mother will fall for her ruse anyway.

BB

Last edited: May 12, 2014
    • Brofist Brofist x 3
    ^ Top  
  3. Elfberserker Liturgist

Elfberserker

Have you forgetten how tsundere yunzi is?

Only correct choice would had been Armaiti.

Anyway BB. Others have made fine points about these choices, if nothing else they can become good practice targets

^ Top  
  4. treave Arcane Patron

treave
    Codex 2012
    You Lanhai wouldn't hold back against Yunzi, Yifang has that innocent look and was shown to be a former goody-two-shoes nun. It did make things easier on that end.

As for the sword, it can be reforged once you get to Yangzhou.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  5. asxetos Augur

asxetos
    BB. Imagine the butterfly dream tecnique performed by Jing + 7 waifus.

^ Top  
  6. treave Arcane Patron

treave
    Codex 2012
    You don't have enough love. Without love it cannot be seen.

• Brofist Brofist x 4
    ^ Top  
  7. Absinthe Arcane

Absinthe
    BB

1A isn't happening with Yifang and I have my doubts about Qilin outsmarting her mother.

Moreover, I get the feeling Qilin wants to hear us say that we want her to stay.

^ Top  
  8. Nevill Arcane

Nevill
    Shadorwun: Hong Kong
    It isn't the comment about love that threw Yifang off guard. It is the lack of motivation:

Skill is not everything in battle or sports. You have to have a certain ferocity, a will to win no matter what. Yunzi does possess that will, while Yifang does not.

Meanwhile, I wonder how things got to the point when Qilin thinks she is not helpful enough... or that she even needs to be more helpful for us to keep her by our side. We must fix this line of thinking ASAP. It was only two months ago when we had this conversation:

And I want her back in that mood. I am not sure our feelings have changed all that much.

^ Top  
  9. Smashing Axe Arcane Patron

Smashing Axe
    Divinity: Original Sin
    No, I don't doubt that Qilin will be able to get in her mother's good graces. She's manipulative enough to do it.

The Zhang Clan will still target her regardless of what Qilin's mother does though. They're out to get us. We've seen the lengths they've gone to already.

^ Top  
  10. Kashmir Slippers Magister

Kashmir Slippers
    BB I don't really see how that went poorly. Yifang held off the woman so that we could fight the guy. No one was seriously hurt and no one died. What more could you want?

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  11. Jester Arbiter

Jester
    Wait wut? We won without using op skill and that was main concern in B. Shame about Wudao though, hope we will keep hilt.
    Agree BB for me to.

^ Top  
  12. Absinthe Arcane

Absinthe
    Baltika9, right now Qilin was considering leaving due to our philandering ways. If we partnered up with Yunzi, she might not even have given us that option.

^ Top  
  13. Nevill Arcane

Nevill
    Well, it turned out okay. No one was seriously hurt, and the wodao is just a sword, though a damn good one.

Still, we could have handled it better... maybe.

^ Top  
  14. Smashing Axe Arcane Patron

Smashing Axe
    Divinity: Original Sin
    Haha, I get it. Our charisma level determines how many waifus we have. Our harem is getting too large for our charisma level. So that's what we need to train next.

We're at 7 waifus with 7 charisma, but BJ now counts as .5 waifus. So we're starting to have moral problems.

• Brofist Brofist x 6
    ^ Top  
  15. Elfberserker Liturgist

Elfberserker
    Oh I am not denying that Yifang lack of motivation played a big part, but Yunzi isn't exactly most calmest nor most mature girl in our group.

Yunzi may have will to win, but she has also shown that she can be rather emotional like in Youxia city.

Indeed. Perhaps getting her to reach us things bribgs the two closer together. Or we just put stop to acquiring potential harem members

^ Top  
  16. Baltika9 Arcane

Baltika9
    Whew, breaking that sword forever would have made me feel like a douche.

^ Top  
  17. Jester Arbiter

Jester
    Really shame about sword, given by one of most bro people and faction. edit. Hell yeah reforge like LOTR?

On other news i think that those twins are twin lilies off huashan, adopted daughters of master Nie who had random encounter with certain mby dead part of Zhang not cool family.

^ Top  
  18. Fangshi Arcane

Fangshi
    Quick! We need to find a gypsy!

^ Top  
  19. Absinthe Arcane

Absinthe
    I'm wondering how we're going to pay for reforging that sword. I guess we'll set up camp as physicians again. Should be fun.

Also, Smashing Axe raises an important point so treave, how could we go about obtaining a charisma boost?

^ Top  
  20. GreyViper Erudite

GreyViper
    And Yunzi is still a virgin, I think that problem needs to be solved soon. Its like priorities man.:martini:
    And then it turns into Age of Agarest, we send our spawns out to fight the good fight in our name.

^ Top  
  21. Nevill Arcane

Nevill
    Now, what does Ahura's 12 or so concubines count as? And Ameretat? Or do they not count yet?

On an almost unrelated not, I wonder what is it that pisses Bai Jiutian so about Jing.
    What's wrong with traveling with the girls? It's not like we are sleeping with all of them. And even if we were, what of it? What is there to condemn? Isn't this a testament to how likeable we actually are?

Is she merely jealous of how freely we live our life?

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  22. Rex Feral Liturgist

Rex Feral
    What? No Yunzi true love update? I am dissapointed. :rpgcodex:

Next time Yifang is going to get picked, it's gonna be for a suicide mission.

And our wodao has broken. :rage:

I'm gonna pick BB, as any decent human being.

First it would be truly horrible to murder this nice couple who just want to save their kids and, as for the second choice, there are unlimited ways that choice can go wrong. Besides, treave didn't try to kill Qilin for quite a while, it's getting suspicious.

^ Top  
  23. Kipeci Arcane

Kipeci
    BA

Let her go on her super secret stealth mission, it'll be dramatic and wonderful and she can say hi to her mom.

^ Top  
  24. m4davis Scholar

m4davis
  25. Kz3r0 Arcane Sad Loser

Kz3r0
    B. B.

The only reason why things has gone well is because those two are incredibly overrated, at this point I think that we can pwn almost everyone in the setting now, with the exclusion of the top tiers.

^ Top  

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.