Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

[LP CYOA] 傳

Akkudakku

Arbiter
1st test is qinggong right? Second might be stealth (or fighting). 3 and 4 are straight up combat. We might be able to pull this off.

Esquilax

Arcane
I must thank Absinthe for this: without his terrible, tl;dr arguments that led to people flopping to B, this glorious option would never have opened up. I am in your debt, good sir. I await many long debates on the minutiae of technique that have fuck-all to do with anything in the future. :salute:

I really think its better to break out our losses and say fareweel to thee Xixuan. Jing already did a lot for him by interceding on his behalf. Sunken costs fallacy, bros, sunken costs fallacy. Sneaking on the library is the dickish thing to do, we did not prove ourselves worthy of the power, Shaolin does not own Jing anything and they treated us very fairly. These guys are harsh on rules, but fair.

Also, with Xuxian out of the game, the Zhang clan is going to redouble their efforts to get at Jing, as per The Plan (distract Zhang clan to allow Chief Jiang to do his thing).

I totally can respect this. But holy shit, this gauntlet sounds awesome and there's only one word that can describe the sort of person that can overcome an impossible trial: LEGEND.

Esquilax

Arcane
treave, is there any significance of numerology in Buddhist or Shaolin monk tradition?

In fact, were it not for the nine dots burnt onto his gleaming, shaved pate that mark his monasticism, he would seem more like a legendary warlord of the Three Kingdoms than the abbot of a monastery.
“Forget it, Xu Jing. It is too dangerous. You would have to defeat the Seventy-Two Wooden Mannequin Labyrinth of Doom, followed by the Thirty-Six Armored Warriors of Shaolin, the Eighteen Bronze Arhat Formation, and the Nine Shaolin Venerable Elders, before finally facing me, the Abbot, Master of Shaolin, all in a single day,”

The number nine seems very important to them for some reason. The Abbot has nine dots burnt into his forehead, and all of the challenges are organized in multiples of 9 as well. Also, each subsequent challenge is divided by two. I'm just curious as to what it means.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
There probably is, but I don't know what exactly. It may be more of a Chinese thing than Buddhism per se. Sounds cool though, and is a recurring theme in many Chinese writings e.g. 36 Strategems, 72 Transformations.

Akkudakku

Arbiter
treave, is there any significance of numerology in Buddhist or Shaolin monk tradition?

In fact, were it not for the nine dots burnt onto his gleaming, shaved pate that mark his monasticism, he would seem more like a legendary warlord of the Three Kingdoms than the abbot of a monastery.
“Forget it, Xu Jing. It is too dangerous. You would have to defeat the Seventy-Two Wooden Mannequin Labyrinth of Doom, followed by the Thirty-Six Armored Warriors of Shaolin, the Eighteen Bronze Arhat Formation, and the Nine Shaolin Venerable Elders, before finally facing me, the Abbot, Master of Shaolin, all in a single day,”

The number nine seems very important to them for some reason. The Abbot has nine dots burnt into his forehead, and all of the challenges are organized in multiples of 9 as well. Also, each subsequent challenge is divided by two. I'm just curious as to what it means.
4 roots of 9 = 12, thats what it means :D

But in reality 9 sounds like 'long lasting' in chineese (so a wedding on the 9th would be lucky) also it is THE number of the EMPRAH. Also it simbolizes harmony.

Jester

Arbiter
Wait we will say when start next set? After one set we can drain people we faced to start each set fresh.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Wait we will say when start next set? After one set we can drain people we faced to start each set fresh.

They'll have a big stick of incense burning. You progress at your own pace as long as you complete by the time the incense burns out.

Rex Feral

Prophet
It would truly be a boring story without us overcoming overwhelming odds like the 100 man battle or the fire temple event

Elfberserker

Liturgist
Jumping to A bandwagon.

This looks it needs lot of endurance..Which we don't have, even with our neigong vampirism...Somekind of defensive technique would also been nice.

But what the hell, SWORDS +1 AND YOOOOLOTIGERING.

Smashing Axe

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
Well we don't need to kill the monks...

But we can suck them dry. I think that's going to be the key to success.

Jester

Arbiter
Even if we dont clear whole challenge i expect we will impress them quite.

Course if any part of challenge involved grappling homosexual monks, we wouldnt be so yolo... or mby we would hit 20 votes in hour.

Jester

Arbiter
Well we don't need to kill the monks...

But we can suck them dry. I think that's going to be the key to success.
Never said suck them dry, but they are like health and mana restoration thingies in some games. So i guess we will suck them for bit. It sounds so wrong... yet so in character. ;)

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Oh we can troll them, and maybe if they've not gotten around to it, CHINA MUST INVENT CHEERLEADERS.

As a diversion, of course.

Jester

Arbiter
Oh we can troll them, and maybe if they've not gotten around to it, CHINA MUST INVENT CHEERLEADERS.

As a diversion, of course.
7 cute girls in reviling clothes with pompons? I guess we will hit 100 with young monks in no time, Iron Shaft would be proud.

Nevill

Arcane
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
What an unexpected outcome.

Don't worry, bros, with the power of our awesome Shouwang Leipo Palms we'll totes show those elder warrior mannequins!

Voting A.

Esquilax

Arcane
Don't worry, bros, with the power of our awesome Shouwang Leipo Palms we'll totes show those elder warrior mannequins!

Might I remind you, dear Nevill, that the Shouwang Leipo Palms is the most powerful palm technique in the Eight Sects? Because it is!

Fangshi

Arcane
Esquilax said:
Might I remind you, dear Nevill, that the Shouwang Leipo Palms is the most powerful palm technique in the Eight Sects? Because it is!

You fools!

The Shouwang Leipo Palms is an entirely ground based technique!

We should not us such a technique here!

We need an aerial attack!

We need the Chuzhan Eighteen Kicks!

Every mannequin we have so far encountered has poor control through the air, we will decimate them with it!

Elfberserker

Liturgist
Screw you all for using pussy unarmed techniques.

Obviously we should use Crimson falling pine red storm breeze sword technique.

That way is the only way to make zhang jue proud.

TOME

Cuckmaster General
So we were close to game over, again. I just wish people would think twice before taking 50-50 chances.

Do we have any idea what those wooden mannequins and warriors of Damo are? There must be rumours floating around even if those things are reserved for Shaolin monks only. And do we have any idea if the Nine Venerable Elders are more powerful than the Bronze Arhat Formation? From the update I would say the formation would be tougher to beat than the abbot.

D.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom