Official RPG Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

[LP CYOA] 傳

Discussion in 'Choose Your Own Adventure Land' started by treave, Aug 29, 2013.

1. Kipeci Arcane

Kipeci
    Makes sense, thanks for answering!

^ Top  
  2. ERYFKRAD Barbarian Patron

ERYFKRAD
    Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    Bugger these guys. D.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  3. Jester Arbiter

Jester
    Good job killing him codex. Not bro... just not bro.

Edit
    Oh he didnt die? Praise Treave i guess.
    Vote A

Last edited: May 15, 2014
    ^ Top  
  4. Akkudakku Arbiter

Akkudakku
    A because I say so? :D Well if we won't be blamed for anyones deaths then fuck we are MADE for this challenge.

^ Top  
  5. Akkudakku Arbiter

Akkudakku
    1st test is qinggong right? Second might be stealth (or fighting). 3 and 4 are straight up combat. We might be able to pull this off.

^ Top  
  6. The Brazilian Slaughter Arcane

The Brazilian Slaughter
    I really think its better to break out our losses and say fareweel to thee Xixuan. Jing already did a lot for him by interceding on his behalf. Sunken costs fallacy, bros, sunken costs fallacy. Sneaking on the library is the dickish thing to do, we did not prove ourselves worthy of the power, Shaolin does not own Jing anything and they treated us very fairly. These guys are harsh on rules, but fair.

Also, with Xuxian out of the game, the Zhang clan is going to redouble their efforts to get at Jing, as per The Plan (distract Zhang clan to allow Chief Jiang to do his thing).

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  
  7. Esquilax Arcane

Esquilax
    I must thank Absinthe for this: without his terrible, tl;dr arguments that led to people flopping to B, this glorious option would never have opened up. I am in your debt, good sir. I await many long debates on the minutiae of technique that have fuck-all to do with anything in the future. :salute:

I totally can respect this. But holy shit, this gauntlet sounds awesome and there's only one word that can describe the sort of person that can overcome an impossible trial: LEGEND.

• Brofist Brofist x 5
    ^ Top  
  8. Smashing Axe Arcane Patron

Smashing Axe
    Divinity: Original Sin
    The Gauntlet is too tempting. It suits Xu Jing perfectly. So, I'm-a (hurr-hurr) voting for that.

A

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  9. Esquilax Arcane

Esquilax
    treave, is there any significance of numerology in Buddhist or Shaolin monk tradition?

The number nine seems very important to them for some reason. The Abbot has nine dots burnt into his forehead, and all of the challenges are organized in multiples of 9 as well. Also, each subsequent challenge is divided by two. I'm just curious as to what it means.

^ Top  
  10. Random Word Arbiter Patron

Random Word
    MCA Project: Eternity
  11. treave Arcane Patron

treave
    Codex 2012
    There probably is, but I don't know what exactly. It may be more of a Chinese thing than Buddhism per se. Sounds cool though, and is a recurring theme in many Chinese writings e.g. 36 Strategems, 72 Transformations.

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  
  12. Akkudakku Arbiter

Akkudakku
    4 roots of 9 = 12, thats what it means :D

But in reality 9 sounds like 'long lasting' in chineese (so a wedding on the 9th would be lucky) also it is THE number of the EMPRAH. Also it simbolizes harmony.

^ Top  
  13. Jester Arbiter

Jester
    Wait we will say when start next set? After one set we can drain people we faced to start each set fresh.

^ Top  
  14. Rex Feral Liturgist

Rex Feral
    I hate taking unnecesary risks. However, we are no pussies either.

A

^ Top  
  15. treave Arcane Patron

treave
    Codex 2012
    They'll have a big stick of incense burning. You progress at your own pace as long as you complete by the time the incense burns out.

^ Top  
  16. Rex Feral Liturgist

Rex Feral
    It would truly be a boring story without us overcoming overwhelming odds like the 100 man battle or the fire temple event

^ Top  
  17. Elfberserker Liturgist

Elfberserker
    Jumping to A bandwagon.

This looks it needs lot of endurance..Which we don't have, even with our neigong vampirism...Somekind of defensive technique would also been nice.

But what the hell, SWORDS +1 AND YOOOOLOTIGERING.

^ Top  
  18. Smashing Axe Arcane Patron

Smashing Axe
    Divinity: Original Sin
    Well we don't need to kill the monks...

But we can suck them dry. I think that's going to be the key to success.

^ Top  
  19. Jester Arbiter

Jester
    Even if we dont clear whole challenge i expect we will impress them quite.

Course if any part of challenge involved grappling homosexual monks, we wouldnt be so yolo... or mby we would hit 20 votes in hour.

^ Top  
  20. Jester Arbiter

Jester
    Never said suck them dry, but they are like health and mana restoration thingies in some games. So i guess we will suck them for bit. It sounds so wrong... yet so in character. ;)

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  
  21. ERYFKRAD Barbarian Patron

ERYFKRAD
    Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    Oh we can troll them, and maybe if they've not gotten around to it, CHINA MUST INVENT CHEERLEADERS.

As a diversion, of course.

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  
  22. Jester Arbiter

Jester
    7 cute girls in reviling clothes with pompons? I guess we will hit 100 with young monks in no time, Iron Shaft would be proud.

• Brofist Brofist x 3
    ^ Top  
  23. tropic Scholar

tropic
    A for glory

Last edited: May 15, 2014
    ^ Top  
  24. Nevill Arcane

Nevill
    Shadorwun: Hong Kong
    What an unexpected outcome.

Don't worry, bros, with the power of our awesome Shouwang Leipo Palms we'll totes show those elder warrior mannequins!

Voting A.

• Brofist Brofist x 5
    ^ Top  
  25. Esquilax Arcane

Esquilax
    Might I remind you, dear Nevill, that the Shouwang Leipo Palms is the most powerful palm technique in the Eight Sects? Because it is!

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.