Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

[LP CYOA] 傳

Akkudakku

Arbiter
I think C (Reikan + Order mode) can solve it quite fast.
B will probably be hard/impossible to keep up because of our average qinggong.
A seems viable at first but there definitely be countermeasures, and even if it works we will have to use much of our stamina reserves.
Brain>Brute Force

Absinthe

Arcane
C. Reikan + Order mode should be good enough. If we calm ourselves and focus on our senses, our Reikan gets better too. Lets see that 8 int do its work.

Nevill

Arcane
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
So, what are the rules of the challenge? The goal on the first floor seems to be to reach the second. What about the next one? Do we need to get to the exit past the monks, or do we actually need to beat them?

I don't quite get the idea behind the proposed race if it does not only concern this floor. Even if Yunzi crosses the room faster than we do, she'll just be entangled in the next fight.

Or will we have different goals for each floor, and she'll just get one point over us?

Even so, since this seems to be a qinggong test, it would be fair to admit that she is better at it and not try to prove otherwise.

Akkudakku

Arbiter
So, what are the rules of the challenge? The goal on the first floor seems to be to reach the second. What about the next one? Do we need to get to the exit past the monks, or do we actually need to beat them?

I don't quite get the idea behind the proposed race if it does not only concern this floor. Even if Yunzi crosses the room faster than we do, she'll just be entangled in the next fight.

Or will we have different goals for each floor, and she'll just get one point over us?

Even so, since this seems to be a qinggong test, it would be fair to admit that she is better at it and not try to prove otherwise.
It's a race between her and us and has nothing to do with the challenge ;D

Nevill

Arcane
That part I got just fine. Is it for this floor only, or for the whole challenge?

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
The rest of the fights just need you to beat the monks.

As for Yunzi getting entangled, it depends on how long you take to finish this stage and how fast she clears the next one. She's allowed to move on to each stage without your presence.

The race is just personal competition. As are all the monks. She'll be most pleased if she beats the Abbot alone. Of course if she does that she's considered to be the one that cleared this, not you.

Nevill

Arcane
As for Yunzi getting entangled, it depends on how long you take to finish this stage and how fast she clears the next one.
Poor Xuzhan. And he asked us to go lightly on him. :(

We should have taken Bro Fu. He'd just walk through all of this, no problem.
We should have taken Cao'er. She would have thrown us to the other end no problem.

I am worried about getting out of sync with Yunzi, though. I don't think we can follow her way, as even with her skill she experienced difficulties, but maybe A is a viable option.

Last edited:

Baltika9

Arcane
So much tsundere! :love:
C, our qingong isn't on her level to properly race with her, we will have to use our other assets.

ChumBucket

Augur
Honetly I wish we could do some combination of A and C, destruction at few key points would be much more effective at beating the challange.

Nevill

Arcane
I guess this is where the disadvantages of being in a team come to play. Alone we would have no problem with spending time to pass the labyrinth safely, but now we risk Yunzi getting too far ahead on her own, which probably isn't too good for her or for the ones she'll be fighting.

I interpret that to mean that if we make choices later on that do not gel with the choice we make now we will introduce confusion and inefficiencies into our strategy [...]
So, how consistent do you think going for the safe path would be with our previous choice?

Last edited:

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Note this bros, If we bash up the Mannequinery(is that even a word?) enough, no one who tries this after we do will ever get the kind of Glory we will.

"Hey look, dat guy won the whole challenge thing!"

"Pfft, he attempted it after MTP busted the mannequins, so he's a wuss."

"True dat, MTP4LYFE!"

Nevill

Arcane
Nah, they'll just rebuild the whole thing. With iron instead of wood. The monks have a lot of spare time.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Then Zhang Jue gets wind of the challenge from you, arrives, and demolishes that too, with the climax of his gauntlet run being the collapse of the entire pagoda while battling the Abbot in a manly brawl. :M

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Then Zhang Jue gets wind of the challenge from you, arrives, and demolishes that too, with the climax of his gauntlet run being the collapse of the entire pagoda while battling the Abbot in a manly brawl.
O_O Make it so.

archaen

Cipher
Patron
It will be fun to find her crumpled body four floors up if we don't get there before her. A

Last edited:

Nevill

Arcane
Then Zhang Jue gets wind of the challenge from you, arrives, and demolishes that too, with the climax of his gauntlet run being the collapse of the entire pagoda while battling the Abbot in a manly brawl.
And that was how China invented titanium alloys in 1000 A.D.

We serve our country. :salute:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom