Official RPG Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

[LP CYOA] 傳

Discussion in 'Choose Your Own Adventure Land' started by treave, Aug 29, 2013.

1. ERYFKRAD Barbarian Patron

ERYFKRAD
    Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    A. Maximum fuck engaged.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  2. Kipeci Arcane

Kipeci
    B5 or B8, I can't decide which. I'll vote properly following more DISCUSS!!! I guess. It's pretty great to meet up with our bro here... does this mean that if we'd gone off to Wudang he wouldn't have been there at the time?

Edit: treave, do we know which of our companions are most eager to go through this gauntlet with us if at all? If Yunzi would like to partner up with us I'll take her on, otherwise I think I'll try having a team with Guo Fu. There again, now that he's a father maybe he shouldn't be invited to something so lethal... maybe I should go with Xuezi. :lol:

Last edited: May 16, 2014
    ^ Top  
  3. Ifeex Scholar

Ifeex
    Maximum fuck. A>B5.

^ Top  
  4. treave Arcane Patron

treave
    Codex 2012
    Ranking of eagerness, from most to least:

Yunzi > Qilin > Lingshu > Cao'er > Armaiti > Guo Fu > Yifang >>>>>>>> Xuezi

• Brofist Brofist x 3
    ^ Top  
  5. Nevill Arcane

Nevill
    Shadorwun: Hong Kong
    After reading the update I have only one thing to say.

Even Guo Fu has a beard now.

Oh, and I would probably take Yunzi with us, but how would Shaolin respond to the participation of the Holy Maiden? What does Xuzhan think about it, treave? Does he even know?

Edit: I hate T9.

^ Top  
  6. Akkudakku Arbiter

Akkudakku
    B5 - Yunzi deserves a little fun and we have to sway no 3 to our side, our bed side.

^ Top  
  7. Akkudakku Arbiter

Akkudakku
    Guo Fu might fail on the first trial, he is kind of huge. But then again he can golden vest those swords and what not untill they break...

^ Top  
  8. Fangshi Arcane

Fangshi
    It would probably be wise to take a partner into this but only if they can hold their own.

So B 1-4 and 7 are out, we need someone at Jing's level here.

Yunzi is fast enough to keep up, Guo Fu is tough enough to push through and Armaiti is probably somewhere in between and is confident in her ability to fight off groups.

Politically Yunzi would be the best pick as the Temple Lord and Maiden gaining honourary membership with the Shaolin and their respect would help us most in the long run.

Yunzi also has a very wide base to draw from given her training with all the ASs

She also wants to do this the most and that will probably count for something.

I can think of good reasons to take the other two as well but it would be most fitting to take Yunzi.

Guo Fu is a physical specimen, fast, strong, and huge. He would do well but it is not really his place to get involved. He does not really gain anything here and he has a family to think about, I would prefer if we did not drag him into this and risk his life.

Armaiti might be useful but given the variety of challenges I would prefer Yunzi's broader if less refined skillset.

So...

B5

The Temple Lord and the Holy Maiden shall run the Shaolin Gauntlet... I like the sound of that...

• Brofist Brofist x 3
    ^ Top  
  9. XenomorphII Prophet

XenomorphII
  10. treave Arcane Patron

treave
    Codex 2012
    He doesn't recognize her, but Guo Fu did. Since most of the Shaolin monks have had it forcefully drilled into them an ingrained instinct to fight their desires, reject women and safeguard their chastity, just assume they won't realize. To most of them one beautiful woman is the same as another; i.e. they won't observe her long enough to notice.

Once the fighting starts, however, any senior monks who were at Heihu might figure it out, but they won't let it stop the trial even if they do. Expect questions afterwards, though.

Also, I forgot to write this in (adding it into the update now), but you can drop out at any time. Your partner can also quit before you do. Of course, if you forcefully bring Xuezi along to troll her you'll be strapping her to your back so she's in for the long haul.

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  
  11. Kipeci Arcane

Kipeci
    Yeah, let's go for B5, I'm convinced.

^ Top  
  12. Baltika9 Arcane

Baltika9
    B5> A, it's Yunzi time!

^ Top  
  13. Azira Arcane Patron

Azira
    Codex 2012
    Twue wuv. B5

^ Top  
  14. Nevill Arcane

Nevill
    Shadorwun: Hong Kong
    The spirit counts for half of the victory. I guess Yunzi is the obvious pick here.

B5.

^ Top  
  15. treave Arcane Patron

treave
    Codex 2012
    Regardless of any bandwagoning, the update probably won't appear until after the weekend.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  16. Baltika9 Arcane

Baltika9
    Hmm. Bro Fu and Xuxhan don't seem to mind our murders. I guess we're cool with them.

^ Top  
  17. Smashing Axe Arcane Patron

Smashing Axe
    Divinity: Original Sin
    B8 - We need more bro moments. Women, women everywhere.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  18. Kipeci Arcane

Kipeci
    Also...

I'm guessing that this will be a choice in the future? That's going to be a tough one... I hope we have the chance to talk to them soon, even if only through pigeon.

^ Top  
  19. Elfberserker Liturgist

Elfberserker
    Hmmm. Three choices.

- Going alone:

Wins most respect from shaolin bros
    Pushes Xu Jing to limits, perhaps even beyound.
    Most badass way to complete this challenge.
    Most dangerous to use personally

- Going with Yunzi:

Waifu points
    Romatic as hell, because Firelord and Holy maiden completes challenge together.
    Fighting parts get easier since there are two of us.
    Yunzi's identity will probably be discovered.

- Going with BroGuo

We get a tank to our classcannon
    it's not nice to risk father of young child.

^ Top  
  20. treave Arcane Patron

treave
    Codex 2012
    They remember it, this just isn't the time to bring up things like murder (nor do they really want to).

Not in front of Guo's kid.

If you kill anyone during this trial rest assured that you will not be cool with any of them.

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  
  21. Akkudakku Arbiter

Akkudakku
    If so then taking a second person will help not killing anyone.

^ Top  
  22. treave Arcane Patron

treave
    Codex 2012
    Not really, no. They might end up killing someone instead.

^ Top  
  23. Kipeci Arcane

Kipeci
    If Xu Jing notices that Yunzi is giving over too much to bloodlust in a fight, would he be willing to stop her by command/bulging muscles to prevent her from possibly killing someone?

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  24. Azira Arcane Patron

Azira
    Codex 2012
    Note. It might also be possible that Yunzi could die. It would make for a deeply tragic story, no?

^ Top  
  25. Fangshi Arcane

Fangshi
    Better Yunzi (hell better Jing) dies than Bro Fu. That would be a tragedy. There are always more wives but there is only one Bro Fu!

• Brofist Brofist x 5
    ^ Top  

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.