Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

[LP CYOA] 傳

Nevill

Arcane
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
You don't have to like the idea of a race to have one. Yunzi considers it a race and won't back down. So it is a question of whether you play along, or go separate ways for now.

Nevill

Arcane
Well, you would, if you get to fighting someone like the Abbott.

But there is no one to fight here. What a surprise.

ERYFKRAD A
Kipeci B>C
Akkudakku C
Nevill A
asxetos C
Absinthe C
Kz3r0 C
Smashing Axe C
Ifeex C
Baltika9 A
ChumBucket A
ScubaV C
tropic C
archaen A
Lambchop19 A
Elfberserker A
Fangshi A
Esquilax A
Kashmir Slippers C
XenomorphII C
TOME C
Rex Feral C

A - 9
B - 1 (0)
C - 12 (13)

Last edited:

Esquilax

Arcane
How it was?
Yeah, with Yunzi we have the best teamwork.:lol:

This is how we work together - by trying to one-up each other. We're working together perfectly right now!

But seriously, while Yunzi may not have been the right person for this challenge (Cao'er would be perfect for this, she'd find the right path for us in a heartbeat), Yunzi's still the right person for the other trials that involve actual human opponents that can react intelligently and plan against your moves accordingly. I can't see Cao'er using her pressure point moves against armored opponents, for example. Until the next challenge comes and we face actual human opponents, we have to inflame her tsundere nature by one-upping her through the most EXTREME mannequin slaughter that Shaolin has ever seen.

Tigranes

Arcane
B pretty much guarantees she will be ahead of us. With C we are either far behind, or there's a chance her method will run into a few stoppages, and we actually come out on top - turtle and the rabbit, and all that. A would appeal if this wasn't the very first challenge and this is a test of endurance as well as everything else.

C > A for now.

ChumBucket

Augur
I would like to add my own 2 cents to Esquilax's argument. Yunzi is like a spirited warhorse; if you don't exhibit dominance, she will run wild and take Jing along for the ride. If we want her to listen to us in future challenges we have to beat her in this one. I don't doubt her abilities, but she is impulsive and strong willed. She will only respect someone who proves themselves superior.

Esquilax

Arcane
B pretty much guarantees she will be ahead of us. With C we are either far behind, or there's a chance her method will run into a few stoppages, and we actually come out on top - turtle and the rabbit, and all that. A would appeal if this wasn't the very first challenge and this is a test of endurance as well as everything else.

I think C will put us significantly far behind, though I don't want to imply that it'll make the event unwinnable. Yunzi's superior speed and higher skill at qinggong mean that she's ideally suited to the solution in B (and even then, she still had a close call), whereas we aren't. Yeah, I suppose we can make up for it in the long run with C - the story of the tortoise and the hare is a good analogy - but I can't help but think we're better off progressing together here. Using the word "together" loosely, since Yunzi still just wants to beat Jing, of course. Nevertheless, we picked an EXTREME team, so an EXTREME team demands EXTREME solutions.

I would like to add my own 2 cents to Esquilax's argument. Yunzi is like a spirited warhorse; if you don't exhibit dominance, she will run wild and take Jing along for the ride. If we want her to listen to us in future challenges we have to beat her in this one. I don't doubt her abilities, but she is impulsive and strong willed. She will only respect someone who proves themselves superior.

We beat her ass with a broken arm back at the Young Tigers Tournament and killed Ahura a few months ago in the ballsiest mission ever, yet she still gives no respect to Jing.

:rpgcodex:

Baltika9

Arcane
Our punishment is one month of tsundere without sex. Unless we get on our knees and REPENT!

Grimgravy

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire
Can be jump up to a ceiling beam and Shouwang claw crawl across it to the other side? I say we try that. If it's not an option, C.

Baltika9

Arcane
Should have invested in the Crimson Spider Silk earlier, then we'd be able to Spiderpig our way through this.
:troll:
Seriously, though, it's been a whole since we used Papa Chi's gift.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
I guess I'll lock the votes. C wins.

Thanks for freeing me from the need to write any joint fight scenes with Yunzi for this gauntlet. :lol:

Absinthe

Arcane
It's fine.

If Yunzi is going to make shit needlessly difficult for us, then she deserves to get dropped.

Last edited:

Baltika9

Arcane
We suck at this. I guess we really are star-crossed lovers. :lol:
...I hope she won't die.

Baltika9

Arcane
An emotionless robot like you wouldn't understand, Absinthe. From the first goddamn chapter, for six fucking years... finally we get our chance, and we're blowing it one by one...
Why, codex, why...
:negative:

Fangshi

Arcane
Fangshi said:
I don't think that any of the choices here will necessarily lead to success, failure or death. They will simply shape the strategies we use to succeed.

'Dex picks for a Partner:

Yunzi, the girl built around speed, strength and YOLO.

'Dex picks for a Strategy:

The slowest, most cautious cowardly tactic possible.

Yep...

I tried! Lord Zhang forgive me I tried!

:negative:

Oh well... :lol:

Hopefully our firecracker did not get murdered or we will have to raise the temple to the ground.

Nevill

Arcane
Choose the most zealous fighter for a partner.

Choose to lag behind.

Complain about the lack of teamwork.

I guess I just can't understand some things.

Edit: :lol:

Absinthe

Arcane
Fangshi, you realize there was no fucking good reason to rush through stage 1, right?

Going fast and strong against opponents in the regular challenges is fine, but going crazy against a bunch of fucking wooden mannequins is retarded.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Fangshi, you realize there was no fucking good reason to rush through stage 1, right?

Going fast and strong against opponents in the regular challenges is fine, but going crazy against a bunch of fucking wooden mannequins is retarded.
Nope. They can't hit back. Much.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom