Official RPG Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

[LP CYOA] 傳

Discussion in 'Choose Your Own Adventure Land' started by treave, Aug 29, 2013.

1. Kipeci Arcane

Kipeci
    C - As fun as it is to be hasty, it might do Jing some good to be calmer about this stuff and figure it out the proper way. We can catch up with Yunzi later.

^ Top  
  2. Akkudakku Arbiter

Akkudakku
    C because Shaolin cares about their rules. Also I did say this equipment was costly :D

^ Top  
  3. Nevill Arcane

Nevill
    Shadorwun: Hong Kong
    treave, do we choose a path for us both, or do we leave Yunzi to cross however she likes and choose for ourselves? I'd rather have Yunzi cross the room with her qinggong while we slowly progress through the room if she does not have the patience for it.

Something about taking the test in a way it is supposed to be taken strikes me as a right thing to do. If the test was designed to offer honorary Shaolin membership, it must ensure - on some level - that whoever passes it thinks in a way similar to the monks.

^ Top  
  4. treave Arcane Patron

treave
    Codex 2012
    You choose for yourself. If you fall behind, Yunzi will leave you and move on, victorious. As stated in the update.

^ Top  
  5. Akkudakku Arbiter

Akkudakku
    I bet there is some counter mechanism against A. If they were smart enough to block people trying to go above, then trying to use destructive force was probably accounted for too.

^ Top  
  6. ERYFKRAD Barbarian Patron

ERYFKRAD
    Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    Yes. But I'm a nutcase like that.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  7. Akkudakku Arbiter

Akkudakku
    The thing is that in order mode Jing should SEE the proper path easier, and after the proper path is found it will be a breeze to go through it. A seems as the LONGEST way of doing it. B is fast, but needs exceptional qinggong and balance, Jing has these but he also has a brain.

^ Top  
  8. treave Arcane Patron

treave
    Codex 2012
    Of course they did. They made the mannequins out of wood instead of paper.

^ Top  
  9. Akkudakku Arbiter

Akkudakku
    There is more to it and you know it treave :D

^ Top  
  10. Nevill Arcane

Nevill
    Ah, I just didn't know if we can veto that race idea of hers. Makes sense that we don't.

C.

^ Top  
  11. asxetos Augur

asxetos
    I think C (Reikan + Order mode) can solve it quite fast.
    B will probably be hard/impossible to keep up because of our average qinggong.
    A seems viable at first but there definitely be countermeasures, and even if it works we will have to use much of our stamina reserves.

^ Top  
  12. Akkudakku Arbiter

Akkudakku
    Brain>Brute Force

^ Top  
  13. Absinthe Arcane

Absinthe
    C. Reikan + Order mode should be good enough. If we calm ourselves and focus on our senses, our Reikan gets better too. Lets see that 8 int do its work.

^ Top  
  14. Nevill Arcane

Nevill
    So, what are the rules of the challenge? The goal on the first floor seems to be to reach the second. What about the next one? Do we need to get to the exit past the monks, or do we actually need to beat them?

I don't quite get the idea behind the proposed race if it does not only concern this floor. Even if Yunzi crosses the room faster than we do, she'll just be entangled in the next fight.

Or will we have different goals for each floor, and she'll just get one point over us?

Even so, since this seems to be a qinggong test, it would be fair to admit that she is better at it and not try to prove otherwise.

^ Top  
  15. Akkudakku Arbiter

Akkudakku
    It's a race between her and us and has nothing to do with the challenge ;D

^ Top  
  16. Smashing Axe Arcane Patron

Smashing Axe
    Divinity: Original Sin
    C
    We should have taken Bro Fu. He'd just walk through all of this, no problem.

^ Top  
  17. Nevill Arcane

Nevill
    That part I got just fine. Is it for this floor only, or for the whole challenge?

^ Top  
  18. treave Arcane Patron

treave
    Codex 2012
    The rest of the fights just need you to beat the monks.

As for Yunzi getting entangled, it depends on how long you take to finish this stage and how fast she clears the next one. She's allowed to move on to each stage without your presence.

The race is just personal competition. As are all the monks. She'll be most pleased if she beats the Abbot alone. Of course if she does that she's considered to be the one that cleared this, not you.

^ Top  
  19. Nevill Arcane

Nevill
    Poor Xuzhan. And he asked us to go lightly on him. :(

We should have taken Cao'er. She would have thrown us to the other end no problem.

I am worried about getting out of sync with Yunzi, though. I don't think we can follow her way, as even with her skill she experienced difficulties, but maybe A is a viable option.

Last edited: May 19, 2014
    ^ Top  
  20. Ifeex Scholar

Ifeex
  21. Baltika9 Arcane

Baltika9
    So much tsundere! :love:
    C, our qingong isn't on her level to properly race with her, we will have to use our other assets.

^ Top  
  22. ChumBucket Augur

ChumBucket
  23. ScubaV Prophet

ScubaV
    Ccccccccombo...... continuer!

^ Top  
  24. tropic Scholar

tropic
    High intelligence and perception, terrible luck?

Gotta go with C.

^ Top  

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.