Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

[LP CYOA] 傳

Absinthe

Arcane
ChumBucket, I would like to make the following counter-points:
  1. I do not see it in a black and white either. I have consistently admitted that it is possible for B to succeed, my concern is just that those odds are weak (whereas A's odds are nonexistant) and that I would rather pick up a leeching skill boost while we're at it.
  2. Sure, that doesn't bother me. I have flavor reasons for preferring my own choices too, and if it's a matter of preference I can get that.
  3. Hahaha, no. See, I have no problem with acting friendly. But when your idea of me being nice involves me sitting there and quietly taking it while a bunch of tools try to shit on me, then you're a jackass too.
  4. Look up ad hominem. Ad hominem does not mean "insulting people." Ad hominem means "attacking people as a means of discrediting their arguments." What I did was the former.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Pretty much, yeah. Can't guarantee anything if some true hero worthy of Chi You's mantle arranges a tie, though.

asxetos

Augur
I dont mind flopping back to C but i also want to reveal the WQS to the Shaolin. Hopefully we will get that chance against the Abbot.

Absinthe

Arcane
Chumbucket, with all due respect, I'm going to ignore that last comment of yours because I already think you're retarded. By the way, that's ad hominem.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
The effects are unpredictable, but it's likely you could cripple yourself all over again.

Absinthe

Arcane
Profreshinal, if you like your odds of facing the abbot better when Jing is at partial strength using elders' techniques (whereas the elders are inferior and known to the abbot) against the abbot at full strength with his techniques instead of push your ability to leech and face the abbot at super strength using your own techniques and quite possibly the abbot's against him, that's your prerogative.

Ifeex, if it doesn't work, sure, you can blame me.

profreshinal

Arcane
Jing doesn't do half work. If he's going to drain untill those 9 veteran monks give up, he's going to have to drain a whole lot of qi and to much qi is pretty catastrophic. Beating the abbot and then collapsing because Jing can't handle that much of qiis pretty shitty. Jing would get depowered all over again.

Absinthe

Arcane
Jing is only going to drain them "until they give up;" he's not going to drain them straight into the ground. This was already established. Even supposing we were to overload ourselves, that condition wouldn't last. In case you haven't noticed, we have some amazing herbalists and an expert of qi theory exceeding Wang Zhengchong who happens to know our neigong in our crew.

Like I said, if you prefer your odds of facing the abbot better with partial strength Jing + elder techniques instead of going for a leech to face him as superstrength Jing + possibly abbot techniques, that's your prerogative.

Last edited:

profreshinal

Arcane
"until they give up"

As this is a challenge they're not going to give up easily. Untill they're dry or untill they're to exhausted to fight isn't that much of a difference.

treave how determined are these monks to win?

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Not to the extent of actually risking their own lives in a blind gamble. If everything goes as planned, they should give up after the draining, recognizing their defeat. Being old men, having that much qi taken out of them has a large effect.

Absinthe

Arcane
If they had the presence of mind and group coordination to pull off something that coordinated so quickly, they could also just physically break the leech which would be much safer.

The whole point of C is that it's a qi clash into a surprise leech that gets them before they react appropriately.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
The drain doesn't happen instantaneously and given that this skill isn't something as rare as a legendary technique, it's impossible that there are no existing counters for it to make draining an I win button. Do they know any? That's also a risk you'll have to take. After all, Jing himself managed to fight it off Yang Xue's drain as a novice, even if there were extenuating circumstances.

Jester

Arbiter
We start a tug of war in C to later switch to drain mode, if we get to close to maximum qi threshold we just have to start relishing it again.

Absinthe

Arcane
If I had to guess the two main counter styles would be reversing the leech, which I find to be unlikely as Shaolin considers qi leeching too unorthodox to learn, and unloading a poison neigong, which I'm also going to guess isn't up to Shaolin's tastes. There might be some other counter that messes with our meridians too, but we don't have any meridians so that's not a concern for us.

I'll take my chances.

Kz3r0

Arcane
In before we lose with C and completely disgrace ourselves, and permanent cripple as well.

Jester

Arbiter
In before we lose with C and completely disgrace ourselves, and permanent cripple as well.
We always try to overachieve in terms of taking damage. Wonder if we do it enough times we will get natural resistance.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
So, suicidal tendencies is the way to +1 END?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom