Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

[LP CYOA] 傳

Esquilax

Arcane
Because Qilin isn't insecure enough already? :M

Don't worry, we'll make it up to her when we fight Zuo Qingfeng and You Lanhai, right?

:troll:

Well, in a situation like this, where we fucked up but are sorry and want her with us, but we need to put her at ease so she doesn't feel confused and humiliated, it's probably best to make her laugh, while simultaneously apologizing for being a dick to her. I've been thinking about what more I could possibly add here when Kayerts, Azira and Ganymede have put together some really good stuff.

"If you insist,” you grumble, grasping her hand. You don’t know why you did it, not one bit. As she pulls you up, you take the opportunity to dart forwards, tugging her against you. Your lips press up against hers gently and briefly. Her eyes widen in surprise as she freezes up. You let her go with a sly grin. “Well, those filthy lips have now degraded your own, princess,” you say mockingly, though your heart is thumping rather furiously underneath your blasé exterior for reasons you do not quite understand. Leaving behind the stunned girl trying to get to grips with what has just happened, you turn towards the toad demon and break into a sprint.

So we start off with Kayerts' statement:

"Long ago, I promised you the moon and the stars for your love. I'm still coming up short, but here's a spark to start."

Then after the kiss, something to the effect of Azira and Ganymede's statements:

"The heavens themselves cannot keep us apart it seems. Whatever we do, we always end up together. Now, let's finish this gauntlet as we started it. A pair. If you still want to kill me I understand. My life's in your hands... But I think the Abbot would be terribly disappointed. Get up Holy Maiden, this race isn't over yet."

And to top it off, my own addition, a callback to the last time we kissed her:

"I wonder... if I kiss the Abbot right now, will he explode? I'd love to find out, but I need your help, because I'm not sure if he's willing."

Last edited:

Esquilax

Arcane
And then we have to kiss the Abbot.

Precisely. He'll never see it coming. But seriously, humor has gotten guys out of a bad argument with women countless times. And if we go for kissing the Abbot, even better! This is way more fun than supercharging our qi and using Wuxiang Qiankun on him, that's for fucking sure.

Jing's got the audacious, roguish vibe to pull off a line like that.

Last edited:

Akkudakku

Arbiter
Precisely. He'll never see it coming. But seriously, humor has gotten guys out of a bad argument with a woman a million times. And if we go for kissing the Abbot, even better!
'Help out a BRO here' you say 'just a brief smooch Abbot, thats all I need'
'When my brother Zhang Hue will learn of this...'

Baltika9

Arcane
I'm absolutely serious about this too, if we say we're going to do it then we better damn do it. And make it as cheesy, Bugs Bunny as we can.

Last edited:

Akkudakku

Arbiter
I think that making a farce of this will hurt her feeling BROs. A little joke might be fine, but actually doing it will just hurt her.

Baltika9

Arcane
She likes a good troll, though. Being a priestess herself, she can make this even more awesome by saying something like "You may now kiss the priest."

Esquilax

Arcane
I think that making a farce of this will hurt her feeling BROs. A little joke might be fine, but actually doing it will just hurt her.

I initially thought that, but...

Well, that's a good start for me to work with, but for now I still can't imagine Xu Jing going all serious business with her over Shaolin's gauntlet. Just seems a bit strange, considering his behaviour thus far and the low stakes in play. If it was Super Ahura waiting up there, fate of the world in both your hands, then this would be a fitting time for a kiss and share, but it isn't. It's going to have to be a bit more playful, I think. But, hey, something I can build on.

What's more playful than asking her to help you out so that you can kiss the Abbot in the big fight to see if he explodes? Really, it's our way of making it up to her!

Absinthe

Arcane
Somehow I think if Jing kissed the abbot, Qilin would help herself to Cao'er's device for a while.

Prepare your anus, I guess.

Jester

Arbiter
I'd think kissing her in front of the whole temple is an open declaration of our feelings... that we still are totally oblivious about, since we presumably don't know why we are doing this.

Perhaps, perhaps. That would be nice.

I'm just curious though, how do you guys think she's going to react this time? Considering the entire chain of events and all.
Hope there is roll to determine if she will loose her control over qi and burn everything in 10-50 meter radius. Pretty please?

Last edited:

Akkudakku

Arbiter
Hope she there is roll to determine if she will loose her control over qi and burn everything in 10-50 meter radius. Pretty please?
Im not sure if you are retarded or just trying to be a dick to everyone here :avatard:

Akkudakku

Arbiter
Will do bro, will do.

None taken.

Still hope for some fireworks, somehow consider Yunzi more as rival than romance option so its just annoying for me. Mby because she is basically Jing in skirt? Looks like im less liberal Kz3r0. :lol:
Truth be said she was a romance option from day one of this lp, its just that both codex and treave made it a hard option to pursue.
Sure she is somewhat of a rival, but it is more of a competition between people that dont want to admit they like the second ones style.
Also I do agree about Yunzi being female Jing counterpart :D

Absinthe

Arcane
Who do you think they learnt the art of always being able to produce a chair for a good old brawl when you need it from? :lol:
Also a ladder and a surprisingly large table, by the looks of it. We really need to learn how to do this. Would make for a great party trick.

Kayerts

Arcane
Who do you think they learnt the art of always being able to produce a chair for a good old brawl when you need it from? :lol:
Also a ladder and a surprisingly large table, by the looks of it. We really need to learn how to do this. Would make for a great party trick.

Fuck martial arts, once we learn this technique we'll corner the Chinese furniture market. Zhang Manlou may think he's had the last laugh when he wins the summit, but we'll be laughing all the way to the bank!*

*the chair bank!

Kipeci

Arcane
treave: Would it have been possible to turn this CYOA into a medical drama or something similarly distant from wuxia stuff if we'd gone for more Dog Doctor/Goat Official type backgrounds focused on their own thing?

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
The plot would still be wuxia, just from a different perspective.

Anyway, it looks like I have some compiling to do. Let's see how all these suggestions work when combined.

ScubaV

Prophet
I just wish Absinthe was a man of his word and would leave this LP like he said he would multiple times after having things not go his way.
:butthurt:

All the same, serious accusation, so I may as well respond.

I actually said "quickload or bust" and that I wouldn't be there for the rest of this; I only re-entered when Jing got killed in Youxia City (which I interpreted as an end) and treave allowed us to vote for a reload for an undo back to the point that I originally asked about. I did not vote on any decisions to progress from that and if the LP had continued from that point instead, then I would've kept my word and stayed out of the rest of the LP. I said as much back then. However, the vote for the reload did win, so in keeping with my original statement, I resumed.

Now, you can call me selfish (although the majority of voters supported the reload) or say that I've acted like a cunt in this thread or even complain that I've been spamming people for votes too much (which I think is exaggerated, but I agree lately it's been too much - still, if you don't want to be alerted like this, just say so and I'll respect that), which are all fair enough I guess, but I did not break my word.

I hope we're done here.

PS: I'll interpret your posts to mean that you wouldn't want to be alerted by me for votes.

I can't be assed to go dig up quotes, but that smells like classic revisionism to me.

"Fuck you guys, I'm taking my ball and going home!"

*Other kids start playing a different game*

"Wait, they're having fun without me?!? Well, they're technically not using my ball so I guess I'll play too!"

I'll lay all my cards on the table: the plain and simple fact is I don't like or respect you. You frequently make arguments based on assumption and wild conjecture and present them as fact (+1 Swords anyone?), you harass and insult people (and not in a "Codex gonna Codex" way either), you spam alerts and repeat arguments to convert voters through sheer repetition and volume of posts, and when things don't go your way you bitch and moan and storm off in a huff. Selfish? Cunt? Spammer? Yes to all three. I generally try to ignore your posts as much as possible and will continue to do so, but when you start a blitzkrieg campaign of alerting and posting to try and sway voters, then you're making the LP more about what you want than a natural discussion and consensus by the collective readers. So yeah, that's going to annoy me (if you want to call it butthurt go ahead) and I'm going to say something.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Should I start a new "Discussion & Drama for the Ongoing 传 LP" thread?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom