Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

[LP CYOA] 傳

XenomorphII

Prophet
B>D

Kipeci

Arcane
This was a fantastic update. I'll vote C, our master wants a good fight and maybe we'll learn something from the experience.

Tribute

Arbiter
B>A. Fighting Zhang Jue would have been suicide for Armaiti before he took that trip to Nippon.

Baltika9

Arcane
Esquilax convinced me, C is the only option that lets us test ourselves against the biggest badass around. Flopping to C.

a cut of domestic sheep prime

2376936-0175006112-leapi.gif

Nevill

Arcane
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
You make this too tempting to resist. :lol:

Seriously, though, this is the wrong time and place for such things.

Armaiti is a member on our team, and a great asset of the Fire Temple. Intervening on her behalf is our duty both as a Fire Lord and as her friend. It is not just her business. As for the difference in how you do it, B carries heavy undertones of 'you are committing a grave mistake, let me show you why' - which I suppose it is, while C, even if we manage to pull it off, carries the undertones of 'ooh, this is going to be fun, why don't I join?' The thing is, the situation is decidedly not fun, and I don't want to treat it as such - not to mention that with C the risks are much higher, for you and Armaiti both. This is extremely irresponsible of you as of the leader of your group.

Besides, I don't think Jing thought this one through. If we win in C and beat Zhang senseless, as the choice suggests we hope to do, what is the next step? Kill Zhang? Order Armaiti to step down?

Maybe something unexpected will happen to turn choices and consequences on their heads (for example, I can't see A working as intended - isn't the challenge sounded already? Even if we talk Armaiti down, what is there to talk down Zhang?), but right now I just don't see much in terms of favorable outcomes for C.

This flop was short-lived. Back to B.

Last edited:

Baltika9

Arcane
Nevill- B
Lambchop19- B
Baltika9- C
Akkudakku- B
Smashing Axe- B
Ifeex- B
Esquilax- C
Kz3r0- B
ScubaV- B
Jester- C
Fangshi- D>C
ERYFKRAD- B
tropic- B>D
Absinthe- B>D
XenomorphII- B>D
Kipeci- C
Tribute- B>A
Elfberskerker- C
asxetos- C
Random Word- C
Rex Feral- B>C
Smashing Axe B
Kashmir Slippers B
ChumBucket B
Grimgravy D>C
Kazgar- D
B-16
C-9
D-1

Last edited:

Elfberserker

Liturgist
C

We gotta shit to do people and I don't want to lose limb or two against our Glorious master Zhang Yue. Our master would be all too pleased to have good fight, but we got responsibilities. Besides there will be fun time during Hueshan Summit where we all can fight for our hearts content.

This is actually good way to test our core build against equally powerful opponent and see how well we fare.

Last edited:

Akkudakku

Arbiter
B will end in Jing having to entertain his Master. Just like the old times :p Flop to B.

Elfberserker

Liturgist
Well maybe in C, Zhang Jue enjoys himself so much, so that in ever lasting wisdom he decides that Xu Jing and Armaiti stay alive. It's not good to kill all your toys you know.

In that spirit and with gambling mindset I flop to C

Nevill

Arcane
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Or maybe he tears Armaiti limb from limb and tells Jing to bring him another toy from the Temple to avenge her. He knows we have spares.

Rex Feral

Prophet
How serios is the C fight going to be? We fought many times with our master, though that was only sparring. Will he actually kill us if he defeats us or just humble us like before? treave

a cut of domestic sheep prime

Jing? Probably just humble him. Break his arms or something. Armati may lose her life. Zhang sort of seems to hold back for us, but will he do the same for her? Those who step into the lion's den should expect to be devoured, not sparred with. I doubt Zhang would have any qualms about taking her head.

Baltika9

Arcane
I think we have a pretty good chance in C of not dying and/or getting brutalized. We were doing pretty good against him during our training on Maniac Island, and we have grown since then, both technique and experience wise. And with Armaiti fighting alongside us (we do have that synchronicity trick now), I think that we can finally give our LORD a run for his money.

Rex Feral

Prophet
Though...Isn't Zhang Jue one of the only 2 remaining Greats, being far stronger than Nie Wuxing or Fangci not to say Bai Jiutan who we fought against to a standstill?

No, I'm not taking any chances with him. I actually think that if we all joined forces here, he would still manage beat us.

I'll go B>C

Akkudakku

Arbiter
I think we have a pretty good chance in C of not dying and/or getting brutalized. We were doing pretty good against him during our training on Maniac Island, and we have grown since then, both technique and experience wise. And with Armaiti fighting alongside us (we do have that synchronicity trick now), I think that we can finally give our LORD a run for his money.
Synchro mode + ONE good hit from Our Lord Zhang Jue (PBUH) = 2 stunned and then dead bodies.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom