Official Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

[LP CYOA] Epic

Discussion in 'Choose Your Own Adventure Land' started by treave, Jun 23, 2012.

1. Azira Arcane Patron

Azira
    Codex 2012
    Sekhenun has been learning to shield her presence though, not unlike the trick Ean has. Don't count her out just yet.

I'll abstain from voting for now, want to see what the rest of the crew says. :M

^ Top  
  2. treave Arcane Patron

treave
    Codex 2012
    If you were to ask Sekhenun, she'd say she is more confident of taking on Ramman than she is of taking on Ahati, though you're not sure if she's talking about a straight fight.

Also, Ahati is actually known more for her combat prowess. Ramman is famous for his ability in warfare in general. Logistics, organizing armies and the like. Almost as good as Shamash in that aspect, but he has the added advantage of shadow powers.

^ Top  
  3. Zero Credibility Arcane

Zero Credibility
    Voting CA. At least for now.

Smashing Axe plan + B

Or if that is not possible (ask Sekhenun what she thinks of the plan!) CA.

But let's try not to eat anybody for a change. Really, we have eaten more then enough lately and devouring even more Gieloths isn't going to have any effect other then further weakening our already shaky self-control.

Edit: Also, not eating anyone is even more important if we are going with Sekhenun. If she is ever going to really betray us, it will be out of fear of what we are becoming. Showing her we are still firmly in control of our hunger is important to avoid that.

^ Top  
  4. Esquilax Arcane

Esquilax
    treave, how many warriors does Gudersu's tribe have? They've got 2,000 people, so of that, I would assume that the proportion of that number that are fit, young men would be ~500-600. Also, is the only difference between 1D and 1A the type of approach, with the former being straight-up asskicking and the latter being seduction? Sek would still go after Ramman regardless, correct?

Here are the potential plans I see working:

AA: Ideally, this would mean that Ean can present himself as bait to Ahati and take her out before she realizes what's happening while Sek gets backup and a handy distraction from the Gutians to provide her with a window of opportunity to take out Ramman. On paper, it's the best choice.

Realistically, a ton of shit can go wrong here. It puts Sek and Ean in a bit of a role reversal, with her being in a combat situation and Ean being in a seduction/manipulation scenario. Even though Ramman is a skilled general and the shadow powers are sure to give our men fits, it could also give Sek the chance she needs to take Ramman out.

The biggest problem with AA will be Ean's rage. I have a feeling that Ahati will be doing things that disgust Ean and provoke his anger, so we have to be really careful and know exactly the right moment to strike at her. Too early, and she's prepared for our assault. Too late, and we go nuts and feed on her, sinking ourselves even deeper.

DA: The ruthless option. Ean engages Ahati in a straight-up fight with Sekhenun alongside him. The Gutians get slaughtered by Ramman. However, that provides an effective precautionary measure; if Ean gets hurt badly in the fight against Ahati (very likely considering her combat prowess), the distraction buys him time to regenerate his wounds to go for another round against Ramman.

Edit: Now that I've read through the update again, I don't think that any message will get intercepted. The reason being that authorities in Babylon will be on the lookout for cultists, not barbarian insurgents:

We've spent a lot of time nurturing a relationship with the Gutians, so it seems like it might be a mistake to not use them now that we've got everything in place.

Voting for Smashing Axe + B

Failing that, AA

^ Top  
  5. Azira Arcane Patron

Azira
    Codex 2012
    I'm not sure we can convince Sek to eat another Gieloth. She seemed rather disgusted when Ean chewed down on the core earlier..

^ Top  
  6. treave Arcane Patron

treave
    Codex 2012
    Yeah, his tribe can gather up maybe about 400 warriors at a pinch. Could maybe be more, but they're a bit scattered around the area at the moment, so it'll be hard to get everyone.

1C will mean a straightforward battle with Ahati if you get done with Ramman.
    1D has you infiltrating together with Sekhenun, and you try to finish things before Ramman arrives.
    1E has you walking in, making a grand speech, then trying to fight them both.

Not going to the Gutians and training the cult meant that you'd now have a band of competent and deathly loyal cultists that you could assign to back either you or Sekhenun up.

^ Top  
  7. Smashing Axe Arcane Patron

Smashing Axe
    Divinity: Original Sin
    [​IMG]

I know it's risky, I know it's fool-hardy, but I'll be damned if it isn't stylish. With the Gutians, the cult, our restored powers, and Sek behind us we should be able to take down two mid-level Gieloth without all this skullduggery. What could be a more fitting start to our reign, than to take them down so garishly?

[​IMG]
    They will all die after our master speech.

Just have the cultists lace the food with some gieloth poison Sek probably knows about and then stroll in casually as they start choking to death. We have cultists as servants, so why don't we use them?

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  8. treave Arcane Patron

treave
    Codex 2012
    Smashing Axe, great idea, can't believe I missed that. :oops: Unfortunately pinning the cult's blame on Nusku means that they are a bit wary of Gieloth foul play and have certain precautions in play. But just a bit. Sekhenun isn't some fledgling and could probably figure a way around those... hm...

^ Top  
  9. Smashing Axe Arcane Patron

Smashing Axe
    Divinity: Original Sin
    I suppose the downside to poisoning them would be that Ean won't be able to feast, since he shares some traits of Gieloth physiology now.

^ Top  
  10. Storyfag Perfidious Pole Patron

Storyfag
    Smashing Axe plan + B.

Failing that CB- it will be best to take on Raman first, as he likely won't batter us up much, and we'll be able to deal with Ahati after that. No need to involve Gutians just yet.

^ Top  
  11. TOME Cuckmaster General

TOME
    Ibilsin, is he a human? Or is he just not loyal to Marduk?

A - As Esquilax pointed out, we might go berserk and eat Ahati. Not a good option.
    B - Bad option. Treave said Sekhenun is more confident taking on Ramnan than Ahati.
    C - We could alleviate Sekhenun's fears about us by fighting alonside her and not eating those gieloths. I think we can take Ahati in straight fight easily.
    D - Ramnan might get tipped and flee to Marduk's skirts. Makes Marduk more fearsome foe to take down.
    E - So stylish. Tempted to vote this.

I think 1C is the best. No need to take extra risks with E. For second option I'll vote A. I want gutians there just to witness the whole thing. After we have taken down Marduk's rule, only Shulgi's cult is left to tell the tale. And who do you think will get the credit for our work? If we invite gutians to the party, our role would be remembered and maybe linked to Ean/Runi. And besides, if Gudersu takes the wall we can put him on the throne instead some brainwashed cultist.

CA.

ScubaV Thanks for the EPIC MUSIC.

^ Top  
  12. Baltika9 Arcane

Baltika9
    I'm with Smashing Axe's cunning plan+A.
    Lambchop19, Esquilax, Kipeci: Conspiracy bros, I think we should see how our relationship with Sekhenun plays out for now. I'm starting to have the small feeling that she;s just fucking terrified of Ean, but not about to backstab him and would rather happily be a partner-in-crime than a subordinate with him.
    treave: Ass kissing aside, bro, you're awesome. I hate the cliffhangers, but that just makes the story better. By the way, can you have Ean say that small sentence to Sekhenun ("I'm trusting you here, Sekhenun.)? I'll kiss as much ass as it takes.
    ScubaV: unlimited :bro: for the music. Didn't know these guys existed.

^ Top  
  13. TOME Cuckmaster General

TOME
    Btw. how is our shapeshifting abilities? Taking out Marduk should be easy if we have Edem do the same trick to us as Sekhenun did and then just shapeshift to look like him. We could just waltz in Marduk's camp and put a sword through him.

^ Top  
  14. Baltika9 Arcane

Baltika9
    Or, we storm in the middle of the banquet, morph into Adhaira and yell:
    "Masters or Gieloth, which is better and why? DISCUSS!"
    Our job will henceforth be done.
    Edit: Conspiracy bros. We should really observe Skehenun's behavior in these next few updates. I think she's just scared of the unknown, rather than Ean himself. It may even be that she KNOWS about this whole "I get angry and eat cunts(ahem)" business and it is the standard first step of getting over the whole cannibalism thing and is seeing how we deal with it. I really, really want us to be partners in crime.

^ Top  
  15. Stygian Lurker Scholar

Stygian Lurker
  16. Esquilax Arcane

Esquilax
    treave, just a heads up, you forgot to put the chapter on page 97 in the index. Even though Ramman is the weaker of the two, his skill as a general and his shadow powers are going to make him pretty unpredictable. I think it's fair to say that Ahati is going to be pretty similar to Baran back in Tjaru.

I don't see CA as the worst of both worlds, if things go smoothly it's a great invasion plan. Best case scenario, the Gutians bait Ramman and we kill him while he's distracted with them. Once we're done, we crash the party with 400 barbarians in tow. Worst case scenario, the message is intercepted, never reaching Gudersu, and Ramman is accompanied by a ton of soldiers in anticipation of a big raid.

Also, this is the guy who managed to push back 10,000 Egyptians after we annihilated the entire Babylonian army. If we send the Gutians, Ramman will definitely have tricks up his sleeve.

One of the reasons why Tjaru resulted in a Pyrrhic victory for Ean is because he was completely spent after the battle with Baran, leaving him too weak to deal with Nabu afterwards. I don't want that happening again. At his current strength, Ean could defeat either lieutenant in a straight-up fight. The tricky part here is taking out both targets consecutively. Ean needs to take out Ramman with as little trouble as possible so that he still has the strength to face Ahati.

I like Smashing Axe's plan too, but I feel that sending in the Gutians would not mesh well with his plan. If Ramman isn't at the walls, why send the Gutians to attack the city at all? Let's just show up and crash the party if you want to poison them.

^ Top  
  17. Baltika9 Arcane

Baltika9
    Because of publicity and morale. After we waltz in and behead two famous generals, and because they are poisoned the effort will be minimal, all within the sight of four hundred Gutians, they will immediately know that Ean's da biggest an' da strongest. An' dat's why he's da boss.
    In short, street cred. Besides, we'll have boots on the ground for an immediate takeover of the city. That's another bonus.

Edit: Besides, if anything should go wrong, or an unplanned event takes place (read: they actually have competent guards with a decent amount of numbers in there. A battalion coming along with two famous generals and a head priest after three other lieutenants were assassinated. Whodathunk?) we can just sic the Gutians on them. Really, it's stupid to go ahead with Smashing Axe's plan without the backup.

ScubaV: I think this is more appropriate to Ean after resurrection, because of name and theme both: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5STVoaxz8-Y
    Edit2: Besides, it makes for a perfect cover. The whole banquet was slaughtered by audacious Gutian raiders.
    treave: how do the Gutians view polygamy? I need to know. Because of stuff. OH!. And will he go mad because of living too long and having so many friends and soldiers die n him

^ Top  
  18. Lambchop19 Arcane Zionist Agent Literally Hitler Batshit Crazy

Lambchop19
    That's just it - it's not an invasion plan. The description says they're going to raid the walls as a distraction, not siege the city.
    The description says we're telling Gundersu our plans. While I doubt outline exactly how we plan to assassinate the two gieloth, the mere fact they'd know we were going to assassinate them would rob us of the element of surprise. If our plans are intercepted the gieloth may place heavy guards around themselves or some sort of other precaution that would muck up our attempt.

Smashing axe's plan is good with 2B. Sek's always been good with poisons. If treave allows it, then my vote it for that plus B.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  19. Bloodshifter Educated

Bloodshifter
    Aye Smashing Axe Idea is good the cultists should help us

Smashing Axe plan + B

if its not allowed AA

^ Top  
  20. ScubaV Prophet

ScubaV
    Agree with this.

^ Top  
  21. Tigranes Prestigious Gentleman Arcane

Tigranes
    Operation Smashing Axe sounds good, but only if treave allows it. And it's almost guaranteed something will go wrong, with something like that. ;)

I'm trying to figure out which one is better, C or D. Which one provides the best chance of the second Gieloth not finding out anything is wrong? Ramman looks fairly isolated in the outskirts of the city, but with Sekhenun in tow, we probably have a very high chance of taking out Ahati stealthily with nobody at the banquet noticing much. (I wonder how much of an orgy it is that they won't notice someone not being around, or if it's more of a formal banquet?)

^ Top  
  22. treave Arcane Patron

treave
    Codex 2012
    The message won't really say what you're going to do, just that things are in motion and please come mess up the walls. Regarding Ahati, she is known for taking young men and no one bats an eye if she slips off with one in tow. If you want the Gutians to try and break through Babylon's walls to actually get into the city you can ask them to try.

^ Top  
  23. Lambchop19 Arcane Zionist Agent Literally Hitler Batshit Crazy

Lambchop19
    Hmm. I guess it's not so bad if they don't know our plan. How many babylonians troops would they have to contend with should we order them to break through though?

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  24. Baltika9 Arcane

Baltika9
    I thought about it a lot,and while I could write a TL;DR dissertation on my theory, it would ultimately be pointless. The lines that are key to the whole "Is Sekhenun a traitor or not" are these:

^ Top  
  25. Tigranes Prestigious Gentleman Arcane

Tigranes
    In that case, DA makes sense to me, although I also like AA or Smashing Axe.

Ean and Sekhenun's collaboration can be used to maximum effect on Ahati, and I think we can be sure that it will work, as opposed to Ramman where there are more unknowns.

Edit: I do like the idea of sending for the Gutians and not telling her - it's no worse than what she did to us, i.e. do something that helps our cause without telling the other party. If she whines, we can just say, hey, it's the same thing - and besides, I was sure you'd be smart enough not to kill them or anything.

^ Top  

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.