Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

[LP CYOA] Epic

Project: Eternity
Been following, but this is one of the rare times Be arsed enough when I am caught up enough with things to to vote.

Voting E

Tigranes

Arcane
E for the re-doing choice, as Baltika9 says. Though I'm also open to C/D, I think the way things have turned out with the miscount and our 'premonition' we need to go for it. Certainly better than going for C with the new update.

CappenVarra

phase-based phantasmist
Patron
My vote for the previous update was and remains C. I'm guessing it was the only one actually counter as such :)

Baltika9

Arcane
Hey, maybe this update is Ean's premonition ability telling him the future?

ScubaV

Prophet
I vote for a re-do as well. C,D,E were all variations of essentially the same choice and together easily outnumbered A. For a revote I'd pick E > C > D.

If we stick to what happened then B.

Esquilax

Arcane
edit: Be reminded that pretending to talk first means that Zeus is going to try to kill Marduk before he listens to anything else you have to say, unless you give him an opportunity he can't resist.

So... something like offering him the location of the elusive Gieloth scientist who taught us how to create our sword, right? :troll:

This update is interesting though. I have a feeling that if we decided to take Zeus up on his offer, we'd get shipped off to some bizarre post-apocalyptic wasteland full of misfits and rebels such as ourselves. I've flipped my choice to C, even though I came up with E, I'd rather stick to the original choices instead of trying some tricksy shit that might fuck us over even worse.

Edit: I agree with Baltika9, D/E is basically a variation of C. Ean's been in a thousand battles, he'll come up with something good, just let him do his thing. If there's one thing that Ean doesn't need any sort of help/planning in, it's how to fight.

Baltika9

Arcane
C, D and E bros, we gotta unite, otherwise this is canon. Since E and D are basically C with a plan, and Ean is a smart enough guy to come up with a good plan, and treave is a good enough DM to note a decent strategy, I'm paging all E's and D's to flop to C (@Kukulkan, Storyfag, Tigranes, newcomer). If we don't band together now, then Ean and his world is screwed. Royally.

Edit: and by decent I mean popular, but retarded.
:troll:

Baltika9

Arcane
And so begins an even worse outcome...
Ahem...Devouring God
:yeah:
BNAoe.jpg

Alternatively, A New Hope.
Hopefully we get the Dark God. Time to grimdark it up. On our terms.

Esquilax

Arcane
Ahem...Devouring God

We'll see. We might die here anyways. And we still need to escape from Ares somehow.

But if we kill Zeus, I wouldn't recommend going DEVOUR SOUL!!!. We've barely fed, we haven't given into our hunger enough to make Dark God happen. We have 4 feed points, so if we are enough of a dumbfuck to go that route, we're going to get the Derp God ending with Marduk consuming us.

Even without the metagaming to give us that info, I'd still avoid it - it wouldn't make sense to go all grimdark at this point. Even with his curse, Ean has decided to protect the Gutians, stabilize Babylon and save Egypt by luring Ares away from Memphis. And he's been worried about getting his girlfriend to safety. For a flesh-eating abomination, he's probably nicer than most of the people I meet during the day. :lol:

Smashing Axe, I'm positive:

1 - The thug right before we met Sekhenun in Babylon
2 - Mehlu
3 - Gamilsin
4 - Nusku

We haven't fed since then. We refrained from eating the terror twins and we didn't feed on our way to Olympus because (1) we didn't want to waste time and (2) a safety precaution should we come close to death in battle; flying into a rage would give us a shot of adrenaline and be enough to come out on top if Zeus/Ares/Marduk got close to killing us.

Smashing Axe

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
Are you sure we only have 4 feed points? Would appreciate a metagamey tally if you have the time, I need to rush off right now.

I am disappoint you guys didn't want to feed more, we could have got this ending.

Bloodshifter

Educated
C sigh now that we know that Marduk is a pwned pony might as well try to kill Zeus while we have him holding the 2 "separate" pieces of Varja

if its a continuation to 5.20

then Voting B

Baltika9

Arcane
And he's been worried about getting his girlfriend to safety.
I may be getting way ahead of myself, but I think that we should split with Iltani while we can, lest we end up in an "Arthur and Guinevere" situation.
(Found the best I could, this film is very underrated and videos are extremely hard to find)

The gist here is Lancelot's panicked words, which are paraphrased, ("The Sword, the sword! A land without a king!")

(Note that it is missing an important quote from Guinevere that goes something like this: "One cannot stare too long at the sun.")

Note that this could very well indeed happen, and Ean amounting to who and what he is (seriously, he has never loved anyone before, not even his parents), his first betrayal in love will be extremely painful. And the only thing worse than that will be losing her. All of this will be increasingly amplified because Ean is, ultimately, still more human than some humans are. An emotionless, passionless, absolutely neutral God Emprah is still very, very far away (and when you take into account that Big E loved Man, you get an even worse result). So, best not get attached to her.

Now, Sekhenun on the other hand.:smug:
TL;DR: Ean i is not meant to love one single mortal. Hell, he might not even be meant to love anything except Man.

Edit: @treave: psst...you better be taking notes here, I'm giving you gold. Gold, I say.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Hint: That chart was from before I introduced Vajra into the setting. :troll:

C it is then. I'll start on the update.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Chapter 5.20: Ruin of Olympus

There was no point in responding to Zeus. You focus on the piece in his hand and pull it away with your telekinesis. Stabbing Anbar-Shi into the ground before you, you reach up to grab the piece... and your fingers close around empty air.

With a flash of light, the piece was back in Zeus's grip. He opens his other hand, and an identical flash heralds the appearance of the last piece of Vajra. Quickly, you take your sword back up. Edem, understanding your intentions, attempts to restrain Zeus with his telekinesis. Zeus frowns as his body is held down. You waste no time and lunge at the god, your blade slicing through the air at his neck. The anti-regeneration toxin flows through grooves on the sword - if it lands, his wounds will not heal. Just as you are about to reach him the air before you shimmers, his hands move suddenly, and he grips your sword arm firmly. There is a smile under that great white beard.

Your world shifts. One moment you are in front of Zeus, on the ground, the next, you are up in the skies above Olympus. It was a jarring sensation. As you fall, you see Zeus looking up at you, a shimmering veil around his body.

"You dare to raise your hand against me, aberration?" Zeus raises his hand and the two pieces of Vajra meld into one, forming a long, ornate cylinder with three prongs at both ends. You see Edem launching fireballs at Zeus, which splash harmlessly against his veil.

This is no good, I can't get through that protection of his with my powers. For fuck's sake, what is that damned shield of his?

A bright lance of crackling energy elongates from the cylinder, bolts of electricity lashing out from its body. Falling through the air, you won't be able to avoid it.

As Zeus pulls his arm back to hurl the thunderbolt at you, you see Marduk's body stir to life and explode outwards in a blur of black tentacles. The winds rise, and then begin flowing back towards Marduk, drawing all towards him. Zeus is caught off guard, and the moment you crash back onto the ground, both you and Edem take the chance to hammer him with everything you have. Great streaks of fire and telekinetic blasts rain upon Zeus and Marduk, preventing Zeus from focusing on fighting off the encroaching mass even though your attacks did no real harm against his veil. As Marduk finally brings Zeus towards him and wraps his black, malleable body around the distracted god, Zeus loses control over the thunderbolt in his hand, and it explodes.

You hear the god scream, muffled by the half-dead Marduk smothering him. A dark cloud spreads from where the fallen god-king and the Greek god are.

Your piece of Vajra begins to shine brightly, rumbling, and you can sense the other two pieces that Zeus had gathering power within the dark mass that is Marduk and Zeus. The shimmering veil now enclosed the both of them, and if you had to do anything soon, you would have to draw close to them.

A. You can't let Marduk complete his absorption of Zeus, particularly with two pieces of Vajra in hand. You rush in to try to finish them off... You are so close to victory and you will not abandon this chance at it.

B. Honestly... that gathering of power can't be a good sign. You get Edem and try to retreat to a safe distance.

Baltika9

Arcane
That rumbling is probably Vajra reassembling.
A is the only true choice here. At this point it doesn't matter if Ean dies/gets knocked out for a couple millenia. Both of them, Zeus and Marduk, absolutely must be stopped here and now. Gimme a moment, arite?
It's up to Sekhenun to do her shit.
I also strongly, very very strongly suggest telling Edem to stick with us. without him, I feel we won't last long.
Inb4 Edem takes revenge for us killing his pop. That'll be a bummer.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Who says Nabu is definitely dead? He just dropped into a chasm, that's all. :troll:

At any rate, I plan for this chapter to end within the week, so we will have an extended voting period up until Thursday.

Baltika9

Arcane
Who says Nabu is definitely dead? He just dropped into a chasm, that's all. :troll:
:love:
Oooooh, delicious. Treave, you really shouldn't have.

By the way, bros, Chapter five in a nutshell so far
fqixa3Gq1kiTkMLmvNKIzg2.gif

Edit: does that mean he'll swoop in and save our assess and then give us advice on how to score with Sekhenun? And drop some good human/gieloth meat recipes and knock back a couple drinks with us?

Edit2: Serious question, treave. Any sign of that signal or Ares? How's he coming along?

No sign of Ares yet.
In that case, we might also want to maneuver so that the first thing Ares sees is Super Marduk, instead of Ean.

ScubaV

Prophet
Unless someone comes up with a really compelling reason otherwise...A. Time to finish what we've been working towards this whole chapter.

Vote retracted.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom