Official Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

[LP CYOA] Epic

Discussion in 'Choose Your Own Adventure Land' started by treave, Jun 23, 2012.

1. Baltika9 Arcane

Baltika9
    Bros, I just had a thought: we really ought to discover Dio's origins, and the relation Ean and Fenrir/Shulgi/Master/Giant Ball have to it, once and for all.
    For one, it will finally put our debate of the shard theory to rest. Second, it will pretty much tell us what exactly we and the other pretenders are: Immortal, Gieloth child, or shard? It may also grant us insight into Fenrir's motivations.

Finally, I am confident that someone with testicles as big as Dio's can and will solve the Empire's problems without a walkthrough

Although I'll be damned if this:
    doesn't sound attractive. I very well may flop, because once Ean is back, all the pretenders can just get in line and suck it.

P.S.: Am I the only one who thinks the young Prince is into BDSM?

^ Top  
  2. Baltika9 Arcane

Baltika9
    Actually, another thought just struck me:
    Something tells me that we are not Ean's shard and that Ean will come in back by himself, eventually. Making Fenrir's answer "You wait." And even if he does tell us, it may take us a while.

Instead, let's try this: How to bring Emperor Ean back as quickly as possible? Which I now vote for.

^ Top  
  3. Baltika9 Arcane

Baltika9
    Another variation on Lambchop's idea:Tell me all ways to fully return the original Ean. Which I now vote for.
    This is superior, as it will put us in a position to pick the option we want. I'm certain we will be able to keep the Empire together with just Dio's skills.

Edit: fixed the wording.

^ Top  
  4. oscar Prestigious Gentleman Arcane

oscar
    What can change the nature of a man?

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  5. Baltika9 Arcane

Baltika9
    Tally so far, correct me if I counted anythting wrong.:
    Second Esquilax-Baltikan Concordiat- What are my origins, how are You and Ean involved?
    2- TOME, Stygian Lurker

Esquilaxian II- What's behind Shinar's troubles, how are you and Ean involved?
    3- Arpad, Tigranes, Storyfag
    Smashing Axian- "What must I do to triumph against all my rivals?"
    1- Smashing Axe

Baltikan-Esquilaxian corollary to Earl of Lambchop's II- In what ways can the original Ean be fully restored?
    1-Lambchop19

Codexian- What can change the nature of a man?
    1- oscar

"The Unholy Alliance of Esquilax and Baltika9"- What have Aodh, Madman* and Dagrun learned since developing powers?
    3- Esquilax, newcomer, Baltika9
    oscar:
    :bro:

^ Top  
  6. Arpad Educated

Arpad
    Flop to make it more interesting: What's behind Shinar's troubles, how are you and Ean involved?

Although Baltika9:s question could be interesting too-

^ Top  
  7. Tigranes Prestigious Gentleman Arcane

Tigranes
    I thought I was voting for... oh, fine. Flop to What's behind Shinar's troubles, how are you and Ean involved?

^ Top  
  8. Stygian Lurker Scholar

Stygian Lurker
    What are my origins, how are You and Ean involved?

^ Top  
  9. Storyfag Perfidious Pole Patron

Storyfag
    This^

:troll:

^ Top  
  10. Baltika9 Arcane

Baltika9
    Seems to me that choosing info on Ean is the best thing we can do right now.

All this other info, about origins and sources of problems we can get anywhere else (Aodh, Joan and the Madman, off the top of my head), but none of them will have a picture as complete as Fenrir on how to restore the original Ean, and if we ask for all the methods he knows, it will give us the advantage of picking the one that suits us best. We'll keep the Empire together for now: Ban went after the madman with reinforced troops and fifty new rifles and Aodh infiltrated the Francia-Brittanian rebels.

We're in a decent spot, so we can afford this question.

Remember, Ean is the one that ultimately matters, not some other character. Hence, I'm flopping back to Tell me all ways to fully return the original Ean.

^ Top  
  11. Flopping to this. Seems everyone is too distracted with trying to make Dio "win" to remember the original Ean...

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  12. Storyfag Perfidious Pole Patron

Storyfag
    No, I do remember the original Ean, and I do want him back. It just doesn't really make sense for Dio to ask this sort of question. Once HE learns enough of Ean's involvement, we might steer his desires towards bringing the original Emperor back. But not just yet.

^ Top  
  13. Baltika9 Arcane

Baltika9
    Ah, it can actually. The Empire is Dio's power base. The Empire is falling apart from false pretenders and random shit. The best way to reunite the Empire is to give it an Emperor, thus securing his power base.
    Helping the First Emperor return, though, is a perfect option, because he will surely reward the one who does. In addition to solving the previous issue as well.

Edit: its basically an upgraded version of my first proposition, only instead of having Dio handle it, we call in teh EMPRAH to do it.

^ Top  
  14. Esquilax Arcane

Esquilax
    I could see a reasoning behind this. Knowing all ways in which the First Emperor could be fully restored would allow Dio to find out how his rivals like Dagrun and Aodh plan on acquiring Ean's power, so he can anticipate what they're going to do and pre-emptively foil them before they get the chance. Who knows, maybe losing an eye and barely managing to escape being played by otherworldly cosmic forces has made Dio a bit less of a cunt and perhaps worthy of taking Ean's mantle.

The only problem with Lambchop-Baltika's question is that it isn't a question. So let's phrase it as this: In what ways can Ean be fully restored? I'll just assume that this is the same thing. Btw, we also have two extra words to work into this proposal.

Btw, I'm flopping to Baltika9-Lambchop's question. Let's just get this shit done.

^ Top  
  15. Baltika9 Arcane

Baltika9
    That's an important one. There are a lot of "Eans."

^ Top  
  16. Baltika9 Arcane

Baltika9
    More justification for bringing Ean back. Think of it like this: Dio already resigned himself when he decided to become "second best" when we sided with RK
    Now, from Dio's perspective: he's decided to work from an Emperor's shadow. Why not, then, work from behind the biggest, baddest shadow around and finally get a cosmic force to support him? And besides, anyone who helps the Emperor return to his realm will surely be rewarded, right? Besides, the stronger the Emperor on the throne, the stronger Dio's position in the Empire will be. No stronger Emperor than Ean.
    Also, Dio could view Ean as a person worthy of his time and loyalty, not out of personal affection, maybe, but out of respect and power. If anything, I don't see Dio being second to RK forever.

^ Top  
  17. treave Arcane Patron

treave
    Codex 2012
    No hurry with the discussion guys. I'm attending an international neuroscience conference this week so the earliest I can update will probably be Thursday.

^ Top  
  18. Baltika9 Arcane

Baltika9
    :salute:Nice.
    Miscellaneous question: what does Ean look like? I always imagined him as an average fellow with a young, Arabic face, kindly look, slightly cocky grin, wearing tattered travelling robes, with Anbar'Shi by his side.
    Edit: or like Saladin, only slightly more cocky.
    [​IMG]
    Edit: oh, and is foresight/meta an actual skill that we can learn?

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  
  19. Azira Arcane Patron

Azira
    Codex 2012
    Thursday. :troll:

^ Top  
  20. TOME Cuckmaster General

TOME
    :rage:

^ Top  
  21. Kipeci Magister

Kipeci

Saladin was a Kurd.

^ Top  
  22. Smashing Axe Arcane Patron

Smashing Axe
    Divinity: Original Sin
    (Intelligence) So you're a neuroscientist, treave?

^ Top  
  23. Baltika9 Arcane

Baltika9
    That's why I put the "or" in there. As in, "one or the other."

^ Top  
  24. treave Arcane Patron

treave
    Codex 2012
    Post-grad, no real publications of note yet. By the way, if you guys are talking about methods to bring back Ean, what isn't the same as how. :troll:

^ Top  
  25. Esquilax Arcane

Esquilax
    After some consideration and DISCUSS!!! via PM with Baltika9, it's occurred to me that asking for a walkthrough still leaves us blind and open to getting fucked over in a lot of other ways. Knowing the overall situation and exactly what all the various players know, however, will allow Diogenes to maneuver himself far easier and steer events to a favourable outcome that way. My theory is that as individuals, none of the players here, excluding Fenrir of course, know exactly what's going on - they only know bits and pieces. However, if we were to know what each individual immortal has learned, then we'd get the full picture of events and Dio would be armed with the proper information to steer events in a way that's favourable to both himself and to Ean.

So on that note, I'm going to propose and vote for the following question:

What have Aodh, Madman* and Dagrun learned since developing powers?

This isn't a walkthrough, but I believe that it would grant us the clearest picture of events that we can while at the same time not pissing off Fenrir or being too broad. It doesn't specify what type of knowledge, but Fenrir has promised to answer our question to the best of his abilities anyways, so this should encompass roughly knowledge regarding Ean, the reasons behind the turmoil in the Empire, as well as the various abilities and skills that each of them have picked up if we need to confront them.

This also provides a decent amount of restriction as well: it limits our knowledge to an interval of time that's relevant to us by giving us the details about the players that know the most about the situation. We know that the madman of Anatolia and Aodh both had a head-start on us in terms of knowledge, and Dagrun also is privy to a lot of things thanks to his relationship with Fenrir (after all he knew about Ean's hand being severed by King Sargon so long ago), so we're kind of in the dark. However, I am positive that each one of them know certain things that the other two don't. If we were to combine all their knowledge together, we would be in a great position.

To use a metaphor, it's sort of like putting together a jigsaw puzzle. Right now, Dio has very few pieces - Aodh, Dagrun and the Madman all have way more pieces than him. However, each one of them also have pieces that the others don't. If Dio were to say, take all of their pieces, he would have the clearest picture of what that puzzle looks like out of all of them. And it's because of that that I feel that this is a good proposal.

By the way, treave, has there been anything off about Runikylos' presence in any of Diogenes' dealings with him? He's pretty much the same presence as a normal human being, correct?

* Also, what is the Madman's name, btw? I ask because referring to him by name instead of as "the Madman" will allow us to jew our way into using another word.

^ Top  

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.