Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

[LP CYOA] Epic

Storyfag

Perfidious Pole
Patron
You will find that if you get to know him, Butterfield is a true gentleman and protector of honour. :obviously:

Indeed, I had plans for him to be sipping tea with Shulgi in his initial appearance, though sadly I rejected that draft in favour of doing things the easy way.

:decline:

Anyhow, B

TOME

Cuckmaster General
B

Although it could be smart to read the book asap.

Smashing Axe

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
C - I'm willing to flop to anything if anyone can make a convincing enough argument. However, I want to read that book (And accumulate Shulgi points for super secret Shulgi romance!)

Baltika9

Arcane
It would be extremely painful.
Pfft, we have tentacles ergo we win. That, or we run away. Either way, she can't really do much to us unless she comes up with a paralytic agent which our brilliant mind would find a way to counter then and there.

Alright, serious question: can we take Kyrie to meet Keiko on the rooftop? It sounds like it's important. That and inquisitive journos don't have a history of staying alive too long. Goddammit guys, I told you we should've been open from the start.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Pfft, we have tentacles ergo we win. That, or we run away. Either way, she can't really do much to us unless she comes up with a paralytic agent which our brilliant mind would find a way to counter then and there.

For you guys to read.

Alright, serious question: can we take Kyrie to meet Keiko on the rooftop? It sounds like it's important. That and inquisitive journos don't have a history of staying alive too long. Goddammit guys, I told you we should've been open from the start.

*checks Kyrie points*

That's a maybe, though her presence won't change the outcome too much. Means I need a clear majority of people stating they want to tell her about it and ask her to come.

Baltika9

Arcane
I was thinking more of "killing two birds with one stone, in one day": Kyrie heads up there with us, since this is related to the investigation and she should know, and then we explain the whole tentacle thing to her after we're done with the journo (we also should persuade Kyrie to have some extra security attached to her, last thing I want is for Senya to get more wangst from having his friend killed, however wangst-free he was in the last updates; besides, she's a useful resource).

I dub this option E.
Edit: this should be Shulgi's theme

Kipeci

Arcane
D.

We don't do much with the club, and Keiko appears to be a lost cause for our hyper-weapon by this point anyway. This will boost our strength, probably Erika points, as well as contributing to grett success in tournament for positive Kyrie such.

B.

Zwist

Learned
E.

Because it really does sound rather urgent. And having Kyrie bitching along is just a bonus.

Even though in dating sim-terms this is wasting point allocation on a dead horse.

a cut of domestic sheep prime

bane.jpg

C - the book. Time to bring our boy up on the real history of the world.

edit: btw, the name of Shulgi's merc group means "wolf".

edit: Esquilax is right. We can read the book any time. Not sure if it's a good idea to involve Kyrie, Baltika. If everyone knows she's helping us, that could make her a target.

B - for now, but willing to consider a flop to E.

Kipeci

Arcane
Question, when we don't take an option, did the framing event for it still occur? For example, does rejecting B mean that we rejected Keiko, or that she never came to us? I guess this one would really depend on the option, too.

Esquilax

Arcane
Guys, I think we ought to talk to Keiko and see how that Julian kid is connected to all of this - and how he might potentially fuck us over in the near future if our cover is blown. Stay one step ahead of these motherfuckers. In addition to that, remember that Senya can process information extremely well, I believe that he can zip right through Shulgi's special edition of the Epic of Ean very quickly given his mental acuity and abilities. The real downside would be not building up our relationship with Yua, but given how worried Keiko is, things seem to be kind of urgent.

B

Baltika9

Arcane
Which is why I'm proposing E:we do two things at once and involve Kyrie in the investigation, maybe we'll even be able to persuade her for extra security.Besides, I don't think it's a good idea to delay the explanation any longer or we may lose her trust.

a cut of domestic sheep prime

Esquilax is right. We can read the book any time. Not sure if it's a good idea to involve Kyrie, Baltika. If everyone knows she's helping us, that could make her a target. That and I'm not sure what the advantage is to bringing her as treave already said denying her will make her want us more.

B - for now.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Question, when we don't take an option, did the framing event for it still occur? For example, does rejecting B mean that we rejected Keiko, or that she never came to us? I guess this one would really depend on the option, too.

I just got a bit lazy this time around, but yes, as usual the event happens and you choose whether to respond to it. For the sake of not being a total jerk you can assume that if he doesn't show up to any of the choices he at least tells them why, and this happens when they ask him in the first place.

Baltika9

Arcane
Only treave also said that the outcome won't change significantly and we will basically get two choices in one:get the info and settle with Kyrie.
B is what I would vote for had E not been a possibility.

Bloodshifter

Educated
You guys really want to ingore the Book given to us by the person who just saved our lives? And told us to read it?
Heck I would go D if it had a chance of winning with all the crap flying around she is the only other "non-human" around.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Only treave also said that the outcome won't change significantly and we will basically get two choices in one:get the info and settle with Kyrie.
B is what I would vote for had E not been a possibility.

To clarify a bit more, the outcome as in the event and choices available in the subsequent update should you go to the roof and take Kyrie with you. It doesn't drastically change what is going to happen.

Baltika9

Arcane
I'll agree that involving Kyrie may get her in trouble (but even then, she is THE pwincess; I'd like anyone to try and mess with her butler and by extension Ol' Shrapnel), but E basically allows us to make two decisions in one, A+B. It's pretty much a bonus choice unlocked because we have met special prerequisites. I see absolutely no reason to pass it up.

And I will now always picture Shulgi not as Jafar, but a Nick Fury expy that rappels through a glass ceiling dual-wielding miniguns, yelling "MAXIMUM FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU-" at the top of his lungs. I don't know which is better/worse.

Kipeci

Arcane
I really don't like E. We'll have plenty of time to allow Kyrie to examine our tentacles later, hopefully in a more intimate environment to facilitate her prowess as a rapist. Having a witness-- especially a (potentially) competing female from our school-- is counterproductive to this end. Additionally, it's confirmed that it's not going to help us with whatever we encounter in the vanilla D option, while there's almost certainly additional potential for us to get screwed over.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom