Official Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

[LP CYOA] Epic

Discussion in 'Choose Your Own Adventure Land' started by treave, Jun 23, 2012.

1. newcomer Learned

newcomer
    Eat that, you Theseus-loving "bro" (No offense meant)

Is there even any need to choose I wonder?

A

:bro: for treave and his EPIC story! No way I'll let it end like this

And it turns out that we did the right thing choosing the Honourblade over the laser beams

^ Top  
  2. treave Arcane Patron

treave
    Codex 2012
    Ah, but with the other powers you might not have ended up here, powerless, in the first place.

At any rate, this is another 'principled' choice. Devour the voices which have granted you power, regardless of the consequences, or make your peace with your impending death.

Remember, even the voices don't know what is exactly going to be happening if you eat them, they're just conjecturing, pragmatically, that you have nothing left to lose.

^ Top  
  3. newcomer Learned

newcomer
    Peace, as in end of CYOA?
    NO WAY :rage:

^ Top  
  4. newcomer Learned

newcomer
    Well, theoritically there's an extremely slim chance that Sekhenum will come with the statuette, or revive us from the Honourblade, but I don't believe in dumb luck like that...

And for some reasons, I keep thinking that Ean will be reborn as a certain species of black-tendrilled monster..

^ Top  
  5. Lambchop19 Arcane Zionist Agent Literally Hitler Batshit Crazy

Lambchop19
    A

We're already going to be at odds with the masters because of what we did with Ra's scepter and I don't want to let Ean die at the hands of a beast and a love-struck moron. The voices have been bros, but they did kill a bunch of people and invade our body without our permission. And like the choice says, "They will live on, eternally, as part of you - they would die uselessly anyway." Plus after we eat them we'll know how to eat others like Shulgi, Naram etc.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  6. Baltika9 Arcane

Baltika9
    A.
    Bros, I trust all of us will make the right choice here.
    Ean is dead. His shackles are broken.
    [​IMG]
    ALL HAIL THE GOD EMPEROR OF MANKIND!!!

^ Top  
  7. Zero Credibility Arcane

Zero Credibility
    Well shit again.

Voting A. There is no other choice if B means the end of this LP. And what would be the point if the Voices die with us anyway? Also, so much for bros before hoes.

^ Top  
  8. Smashing Axe Arcane Patron

Smashing Axe
    Divinity: Original Sin
    A

This is interesting. So if we weren't heroic and defiant the voices would have never offered us this opportunity, that is, assuming we died (Which we wouldn't have). It's a shame it went like this, I regret relying on the broness of bros. Who knew Thesseus would be such a dick. Oh well.

Oh, and can anyone say Akachi?

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  
  9. newcomer Learned

newcomer
    I told you so, there is a chance that we will get the killing blow (well, technically the trap) and cause Theseus to kill us :decline:

Remember that we also won't get this choice if Theseus decided that the Honourblade is a rare artifact weapon of the demigod Runi...

Oh btw treave

At the beginning of this CYOA, you mentioned that we will play as the voice. Assuming that A causes Ean to live, I hope that Ean wouldn't be some sort of NPC, if you get what I mean...

Oh, and if my prediction is correct (Ean becomes a Gieloth), +1 for eating Theseus & taking the Minos harem (+ Sekhenum :incline: )

Another wild theory:
    Now it's starting to make sense, the Gieloth are eating "something" from humans. And the masters were depicted as "God / gods". So it turns out that the Gieloth eat souls, the masters are some sort of livegiver and thus see the Gieloth as "weed" that prevents his "soul garden" from growing. Now our hero of humanity will have to eat the humanity he tried to save... Well let's settle for lesser beings you might say, but I guess that wouldn't cut it (may cause weakening of power).

^ Top  
  10. Storyfag Perfidious Pole Patron

Storyfag
    A. And let's get revenge on Theseus!

^ Top  
  11. Esquilax Arcane

Esquilax
    Akachi is right, sadly. Unfortunately, much like Akachi, I think our own Crusade will end like his did.

Fuck, I'm getting a bunch of traumatic flashbacks from root's Warhammer 42K LP now. Once we started going DEVOUR SOUL!!! on everything, things hurtled from one disaster to another. I'm seeing the genesis of something similar here: we try to do the "right thing", and it results in progressively worse consequences for us. We did the right thing in Egypt, and we lost our powers. Now we did the honorable thing here, and it is likely we will be saddled with a dangerous hunger that will pose enough of a threat to the universe that it will bring the attentions of both the Gieloth and the Masters upon us, for good reason.

I dunno, maybe Sekhenun will be able to shed some light on our condition. Maybe she'll know of a cure. But then again, judging by how much attention we're going to attract, she'll probably do the smart thing and run for the hills once she finds out what happened to us.

I'm voting B. I know it won't win, but I'm voting my conscience. Perhaps we can continue the saga as an :obviously: god of the dead torn between his understanding of the natural order of the cosmos and his desire to see humanity rise up. He shall be named Kelemvor.

^ Top  
  12. Zero Credibility Arcane

Zero Credibility
    Ean hasn't heard voices for the last 80 years yet we have still been playing as him.

As for Theseus, he isn't worth the revenge. Theseus only "killed" Ean as a mercy. I don't think he knew what Ean even meant by saying "statuette" - how could he? We never told him of our plan. He probably just thought he was refusing a request from a dying man.

^ Top  
  13. newcomer Learned

newcomer
    Maybe he's not worth the revenge, but you might try to tell that to Ean's new appetite for humans (well, just theory). After all, we're going a DEVOUR SOUL path...

^ Top  
  14. Smashing Axe Arcane Patron

Smashing Axe
    What's cool about this is now the power Ean has won't be on loan, it won't stem from a source other than ourselves, it will be us, tied to our soul and our body in unbreakable bonds. That said, I really liked the voices and their commentary, and they always stood by us. It's a damn shame, is what it is.

It's ironic, I think our best friend in the end will be Shulgi. No gods or masters.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  15. newcomer Learned

newcomer
    I hope it will be Sekhenum instead :smug:

^ Top  
  16. Tigranes Prestigious Gentleman Arcane

Tigranes
    You bastards, I knew we should have abandoned that fucker. Now we're facing permadeath in a second CYOA in weeks. : x

We might end up dead and starting over as a new immortal, but I sure as hell ain't giving up unless I have to. A it is.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  17. Smashing Axe Arcane Patron

Smashing Axe
    Heh, the thought has just come to me. We could also end up trapped in the Honourblade and become a permanent magic talking sword who possesses people.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  18. Azira Arcane Patron

Azira
    Codex 2012
    Theseus is no bro, he won't risk Ariadne even to save/help the man who saved his life.
    DEVOUR SOULS!

Ahem, option A

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  19. oscar Prestigious Gentleman Arcane

oscar
    Will B be a game over?

^ Top  
  20. treave Arcane Patron

treave
    Codex 2012
    B means Ean's tale is definitely over.

^ Top  
  21. Azira Arcane Patron

Azira
    Codex 2012
    Ean's tale.... Might be the Honorblade subverts Theseus' will and we continue with him. If that's the case, I'd rather stick with Ean...

^ Top  
  22. Anabanana Augur

Anabanana
    Fuck this shit, man. I told you all again and again to choose A, but noooooooo you decided that Theseus was a bro when it was clear all along that he was just thinking with dick. Let's kill Ean off, maybe we'll get to play as Sekhenum or something this time. Which means I choose B, the honorable, in character choice for Ean. Wasn't this exactly what certain proponents of A were looking for? A fitting end for this LP? It seems stupid to go with B because of honor, and then choosing an action that completely renders that choice meaningless.

^ Top  
  23. newcomer Learned

newcomer
    I believe these people have been awaken from their sense of justice. Well, straighten your mind; 80 pages are too little number befitting to end this CYOA, right?

^ Top  
  24. Anabanana Augur

Anabanana
    But that doesn't mean that the CYOA will be over... right? We might get to play as somebody else... right?

YES. I would pick the hell out of this if it was an explicit option. Wavering towards A...

^ Top  
  25. Bloodshifter Educated

Bloodshifter
    *rages at the B chooser's at the last update*
    SEE THEUSES IS NO BRO YA LILLY LIVERED NO GOOD BUCKETS OF FISH GUTS AND SCUM

okay now with minimal displeasure out of the way

B I wish to start again no point in following this guy he is screwed from our choice's of "bro-ness" and stupidity *told you his penis would kill us monkey poop*

^ Top  

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.