Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Inactive [LP CYOA] Overlord

Esquilax

Arcane
d6a1143f571184db25f94613edd43b40af6d3a629221aba00d9efdcfef5efd84.jpg

What an adorable mutt! And look at him with that tie! Isn't it cute how he thinks he's people? In the finest of Clevian traditions, we should have a golden retriever as well.

FFS, we have twice more mana than we did when we were a hero!

No, of course the Codex will get into an arduous and prolonged battle of mediocrities instead of awing everyone with their awesomeness. I don't know what I expected.

This is another CYOA staple. "Fucking Codex! How typical of them to do [thing I don't want]. How come whenever we get the chance to do [action], we inevitably act like a bunch [idiots/pussies/faggots/Theseus lovers]!"

Nevill

Arcane
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
This is another CYOA staple. "Fucking Codex! How typical of them to do [thing I don't want]. How come whenever we get the chance to do [action], we inevitably act like a bunch [idiots/pussies/faggots/Theseus lovers]!"
"IT IS TRADITION." :M

idiots/pussies/faggots/Theseus lovers
Paladins. All those things can be summend in one word: paladins.
Nevill AA4
asxetos AA4
Smashing Axe BA4
Kipeci BA4
lightbane BA3
Azira AA4
Baltika9 BA4
Elfberserker BA3
Kz3r0 AA4
Jester BA3
oscar B2 - not counted (BA2? xB?)
Rex Feral AA4
Esquilax BA3
Grimgravy AA3
profreshinal BA3
Lambchop19 xA3 - voting for a tie
ScubaV AA4
m4davis BA3
TOME AA4
archaen AB

A - 9
B - 9

A3 - 8
A4 - 10
B - 1

Last edited:

ScubaV

Prophet
Hmm, my personal preference would be dogs. However, cats are lazy just like us but also independent enough that we can be lazy in taking care of them. Thus being a cat person seems to fit the slacker pervert persona better. Chicks dig anything that's cute so either would work in that regard.

As for the other choice, I think go for Gigadyne. It would suck for the demon princess to show us up and defeat the monster if the lightning spear fails, but softens it up just enough. We need the goblins to be our loyal minions. Make an investment of effort now to pay laziness dividends later.

AA4

Baltika9

Arcane
As for the other choice, I think go for Gigadyne. It would suck for the demon princess to show us up and defeat the monster if the lightning spear fails, but softens it up just enough. We need the goblins to be our loyal minions. Make an investment of effort now to pay laziness dividends later.
You're absolutely right. We need to establish our dominance here, we're the Overlord (never mind that we just lost a wing). If the scenery gets damaged, the goblins will fix it. That's what minions are for.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Trust treave to :troll: us with the dog or cat question. Well played treave. Well played.

Well, it's not a very important question, though it might play a role in determining whether your waifu from the beastman kingdom consists of

yande.re%20256248%20sample%20animal_ears%20bikini%20cleavage%20hentai_ouji_to_warawanai_neko%20nekomimi%20onoda_masahito%20swimsuits%20tail%20tsutsukakushi_tsukiko%20tsutsukakushi_tsukushi.jpg

or

tAG_140035.jpg

Nah, someone who mastered that spell can unleash hell with it as well as pinpoint the damage to a single point. I'll trust our skill.

It's controllable, but concentrating it to a single point (I'm assuming by point you mean something as small as a '.') is probably impossible at your level of ability.

Last edited:

Kipeci

Arcane
Comrade Putin doesn't count! Everyone knows he is one of the good guys. :salute:
Sure, I'll take that. Margaret Thatcher? Queen Elisabeth II? Robespierre? Ivan the Terrible, who had Prince Andrew Shuiksy, a leader of his nobles, to a pack of hungry hunting dogs to be ripped to shreds?

As I said, they take after the owner. Look at what we are trying to achieve:
We were made for each other. :hug:
I don't want any of that happening if we don't authorize it. If we are influencing the animals, isn't it best to do that with one that isn't like us to start off with? If a cat begins as an asshole like us and then is influenced to be an asshole like us, we notice no difference. We would notice the warping of a previously chill dog, which would be great for the, uh, characterization or something. I hate cats.

See? That's the beauty of it! They plan their lives so that don't have to do shit and they are still fed and cared for and loved and get whatever they want with no effort. It is the ultimate scheme and our dream. We could learn much from them.
I would prefer if our character did in fact do cool shit rather than sit in front of a food dispenser for the next forty years while a goblin jacks him off under the threat of physical harm. Dogs are still often fairly lazy, but they get up to much neater things than cats when they are in action. Remember Laika; she did nothing but lay down, but it was in space and therefore cool.

You want to delegate accounting and correspondence duties to a dog. Gotcha.
And then we are surprized why not everything goes according to our kunning plans. :roll:

dog-reading-letter-wallpaper-532a6f270a0e6.jpg

I'd be fine with this for the correspondence.

As to the accounting, it's step up from the competition, since dogs can do basic counting. I'd prefer an accountant who can realize that one plus one does not equal one to one with no concept of it. But as you said, they're our companions, not minions. Otherwise it'd be no contest, since dogs can provide useful services ranging from attacking invaders to sniffing out bombs to providing a tasty, life-sustaining snack and ride on your way to the South Pole.

a cut of domestic sheep prime

Well, it's not a very important question, though it might play a role in determining whether your waifu from the beastman kingdom consists of

yande.re%20256248%20sample%20animal_ears%20bikini%20cleavage%20hentai_ouji_to_warawanai_neko%20nekomimi%20onoda_masahito%20swimsuits%20tail%20tsutsukakushi_tsukiko%20tsutsukakushi_tsukushi.jpg

or

tAG_140035.jpg

It's controllable, but concentrating it to a single point (I'm assuming by point you mean something as small as a '.') is probably impossible at your level of ability.

Current tally:

A - 7
B - 9

A3 - 7
A4 - 9
Oh...in that case...

Flopping to AA3

edit: screw it, BA3 - because bitches

edit:
why not both?

Last edited by a moderator:

If there is a tie for the option, maybe.
Flopping to AA3 in order to tie it then. Consider my vote to be for a tie though, so I abstain on A1 in the event someone else votes and breaks up the balance.

Last edited by a moderator:

m4davis

Scholar
BA3 I do not trust Treave with this tie compromise he's been too nice to us and while I have nothing more then my gut to back it up I think that tying here will backfire spectaculary on us in the waifu front.

So? Women don't share well either, but they're gonna have to because harem.

Welcome to [anime].

Nevill

Arcane
We may yet be accepted into the Prestigious Gentlemen Club! :obviously::bounce:
cats_lovers_villains__by_danek_k-d8geu26.jpg

lightbane

Arcane
Ugh, hopefully the dog and cat thing doesn't end up becoming something out of Corruption of Champions. Still, it may not be an issue after all, dear Codexers. In case you have forgotten, THIS guy is the kind of angel you asked to be:

gayworu_nagaysa_by_kaemonn-d8agmo2.png

Kaworu-nagisa.jpg

:troll:
Also, even if we have more MP mana than before, remember that our character is now a lvl1 scrub (possibly the reason why the Devil-Princess seemed stronger: because we're weaker than before), hence why I recommend against going overboard and using Gygadine.

Nevill

Arcane
We are a level one Angel Lord. That's a prestige class. :obviously:

Besides, there is no kill like overkill. I'd hate to lose in a collateral damage contest.

Last edited:

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Lightning Storm

The ferocious beast towers over you. Its nostrils flare widely as it snorts, blowing out a cloud of steam. Its eyes are burning red with anger, and as it lets out another earth-shaking bellow, flames run up and down its horns. Not just your normal, everyday monster, it seems. The goblins squeak and plead loudly, shaking their furry paws. Though you do not understand their language, the overall message is clear: please spare their unworthy lives. The monster hammers its fist down on the ground with tremendous force, causing the goblins to scatter and flee as far as they can, and the floor to crack even further.

“They’re calling it the… uh... Minotaur Firelord.” The demon princess shrugs, unconcerned by the beast’s display of strength. “Well, no matter what they call it, this thing is in the way.”

“It’s a bit of a pain, but let me take care of it,” you say, scratching the back of your head. Stretching out your hand, you concentrate on the spell that you want. Drawing upon your mana, you use it to change the world. The ground begins to crackle with energy, freezing the minotaur in its tracks – stunned by the electricity, it lets out a painful lowing. You call out a warning to the demon princess as a matter of courtesy. “I can't guarantee your safety if you don’t move out of the way.”

“For a spell such as this? There is no need.”

“Well… suit yourself.” The material earth will transcend and soar the skies; my will is the light of judgment that illuminates the world. Putting all you have into a single casting of the spell, you summon lightning. Bolts of glowing energy, drawn down from the clouds, strike the stone all around you. The ground quakes. More and more of the ruins begin to crackle, sparking with electricity as the effect of your magic spreads. The minotaur is now cowering in fear, unable to move. The demon princess’s posture begins to change, from unparalleled confidence into a cautious hunch. Yet you realize that you can still push yourself further. Above the roar of the thunder you can hear a high-pitched whirring, getting stronger and faster by the second. The disc above your head is spinning. And as it does so, it is somehow drawing in mana, replenishing your reserves – not faster than you can consume, but enough that this will be the strongest spell that you have ever cast in your life.

Your remaining wing becomes wreathed in electricity; from the stump of your left, blood spurts out and is transformed into lightning, molded into the shape of the missing wing. This is all rather beyond your expectations; you are not exactly sure what is happening to your body… and it is almost veering out of your control, as the spell greedily takes in everything you can give it.

“Hero… this… you are…” You can hear the demon princess shout angrily, her words drowned out by the deafening rumble of your spell. A split second later, she vanishes from sight, leaping away in a bid to escape the range of your incoming attack. You decide to end the spell before you are entirely drained. Clenching your fist, you shout out the spell’s name, ending the incantation. “Gigadyne!”

The ground underneath the minotaur’s feet disintegrates, transmuted into golden plasma by your magic. So are the remaining ruins around you. Doing your best to minimize any further damage to your surroundings, you concentrate the overwhelming flow of energy into a single, colossal pillar of lightning. There is an explosive bang of thunder as the intense heat of the pillar’s formation blasts away the air around it in a powerful shockwave. Like a vengeful dragon, the lightning roars into the skies, piercing the heavens and parting the clouds.

As the lightning dissipates, what is left behind is a molten hole in the ground the size of a small field, and scorched earth as far as you can see. Of the minotaur there is no trace – having been trapped in the epicenter of the spell, there was not even a speck of ash left of the monster.

You gasp, trying to regain your breath. Your knees feel weak, and a slight dizziness is troubling your head. It is probably not something you should make a habit of doing. A strong wind begins to blow, stirring the air around the wasteland that you have created.

“What have you become, Hero?”

Behind you, the demon princess approaches, her expression tinged with fear, fascination and uncertainty. Soot blackens her beautiful frown. Her armor is ruined again, and she has only kept enough of it to retain her modesty.

“That power… I could sense a bit of my father’s essence within it. Just what did you do? What happened after the explosion at our castle?” she asks.

“I…”

A fearful yowl interrupts you. Turning around, you see a surviving goblin, creeping forward in a gesture of worshipful submission. It appears to be the one that had spoken to you first. There are a few others, some of them missing limbs from the destruction, crawling out from the rubble that had sheltered them… all in all, five lucky survivors in total. It starts saying something. You glance at the demon princess.

With a sigh, she begins to translate.

“The light of your arrival killed fifteen of our people, the earth shaking from your battle killed twenty more, and the judgment you brought down upon the lord of fire must have killed at least fifty of us. Oh, truly, you are the Shining One, the Demon God prophesized to return and bring us to paradise… and that is the gist of it,” she says in disgust. “They seem to want you to go back to their village, to rest, and to bless them. Of course, I am invited as well, as your…” She frowns at the lead goblin, who stops talking and shrinks underneath her fiery stare. She barks out something at it, and the goblin responds apologetically.

“Well, that is the gist of it,” continues the demon, as if nothing had happened. “This is a good opportunity. We can talk more easily rather than standing around here in this blasted place. Do not even think about running off. There are things you have to tell me.” Her grip on the battle-axe tightens: she is serious.

A. You agree to go back to the goblin village and recuperate there.
1. You will tell the demon princess everything. Honesty is the best policy. Covering up lies with more lies is more effort in the long run.
2. You will tell the demon princess half-truths, leaving out the scene where you ate her father’s heart. She might not like to hear that at all.
3. You will not tell the demon princess anything at all. She is not entitled to any explanations from you.

B. Teleportation is the best way for getting out of sticky situations such as this. You’re going home!

Last edited:

m4davis

Scholar
A1 To lazy to lie about this and we could subdue her non lethally before will be even easier now.

Esquilax

Arcane
That halo sure is something. Really lets us put in a little extra juice into our spells.

“The light of your arrival killed fifteen of our people, the earth shaking from your battle killed twenty more, and the judgment you brought down upon the lord of fire must have killed at least fifty of us. Oh, truly, you are the Shining One, the Demon God prophesized to return and bring us to paradise… and that is the gist of it,” she says in disgust. “They seem to want you to go back to their village, to rest, and to bless them. Of course, I am invited as well, as your…” She frowns at the lead goblin, who stops talking and shrinks underneath her fiery stare. She barks out something at it, and the goblin responds apologetically.

Goddamnit, people! I told you that the spell would kill minions! Oh well, more where that came from, I suppose. It is better to die for the Seraphic Lord than to live for yourself!

As for what to tell her, well, we can't both be tsunderes. We did that with Jing and Yunzi already. I'm kinda torn on what to tell her. On the one hand, unleashing the spell tipped her off on the fact that our nature changed as a result of eating his heart:

“That power… I could sense a bit of my father’s essence within it. Just what did you do? What happened after the explosion at our castle?” she asks.

So she's already kinda suspicious. But on the other, well, the spell took a lot out of us and I'm not sure I want to risk fighting her while we're still hurt. Besides, what's a burgeoning love story without a juicy secret? She's supposed to fall in love despite her initial disdain, then find out we lied, then murder us slowly forgive us in the end. That's how these things work, right?

It's retarded, but I'm going with A2

A1

Last edited:

hahaha, ok, I take it back, this was an awesome idea. Thanks, Nevill. :salute:

Though it ended up pretty close to what I envisioned - but I thought it'd kill the princess too. Good thing she's durable. :M

A1

Baltika9

Arcane
So she's already kinda suspicious. But on the other, well, the spell took a lot out of us and I'm not sure I want to risk fighting her while we're still hurt. Besides, what's a burgeoning love story without a juicy secret? She's supposed to fall in love despite her initial disdain, then find out we lied, then murder us slowly forgive us in the end. That's how these things work, right?
lolthxBye>A1.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom