Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

[LP CYOA] Pilgrimage

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
We should go to the Denn and rescue Vicc.

“How do I get to the City of Light, Issus?”

Eu7Yfh.jpg

Monty

Arcane
Let's investigate the Shrine of the First Flame in the East, it seems to still have some power as the merc "came out renewed after making burnt offerings".

Then travel to Denn, something sounds suspicious there.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Unfortunately we're all derp at drawing maps so none will be forthcoming until we hire a cartographer. :(

We do have lore, though.

Storyfag

Perfidious Pole
Patron
I think we should help the Judge for now. Exploring the keep's dungeons will mean we're not exposed to the winter too much, and gives us something to do. Plus, maybe we'll find some trinkets?

Boris

Educated
Queued
Well, since this turned out to be shitty fantasy with chosen firemages and damsels in distress in the woods...

We have food and shelter.
Time to start building muscle. Squat, press, lift.
Buy a longbow and increase Archery stat.
Work on magiks.
Found a gang, build an army, march to the Capital.
Get rich or die trying.

Baltika9

Arcane
After making a hellish pilgrimage of five years to die on the mountain by the hand of an undead warrior and being resurrected, I'm glad our boy had his priorities straight and did what any sane man would do: drown himself in booze.

As for what to do, helping the judge may be a good way to kill time, or going to investigate Denn as well.
Then again, why waste time in this wasteland when we can use our survival and stealth skills and march towards the City of Light where we can find a tutor right now.
It's not like there are ashbears and wasteland wolves around...right?

Monty

Arcane
I'd also like to visit the City of Light and find a tutor, but I was put off by the statements like:
Only a madman would attempt the passage during the snows, nevermind ‘tis the worst winter in living memory.

Which made me look at targets nearby, leaving the City of Light until Spring (assuming there is a Spring)

Zwist

Learned
Let us travel to the fire shrine, the on located east of Eaglerock.
But let us build devices to aid us in spreading the flame before.
We should brew some flammable spirits to carry with us in great quantities at all times.
For many a man is easier swayed by a burning in his throat, than a burning in his heart.
And the wine here is, quite frankly, horrible.

Omicron

Scholar
Let's help the judge, we could get some resources to help us make the journey to the city of light in spring.

Boris

Educated
Queued
We should brew some flammable spirits to carry with us in great quantities at all times.
Holy shit, I forgot about napalm!
Combine flask with arrow. Roll d20 vs 7! Critical success!
6b3bubD.jpg

tuluse

Arcane
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong
If this were a cRPG, my next move would be to go after the Judge and see what he's gotten into.

Is there any way we can practice our magic abilities? Try to learn some things on our own?

Baltika9

Arcane
Having thought it over, here's what I think we should do: go to Denn, get smashed with the strongest liquor they have and bury ourselves in whores.
Then wake up and see what's what.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Well, if it's abandoned because of a curse they might not have bothered to pack...

Cassidy

Arcane
treave in plus "Dark Souls influences"?

I give this only more 10 pages at best before getting an Anime tag.

As for my suggestion:

Spend the rest of his days as an alcoholic

:troll:

tuluse

Arcane
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong
So far the interesting things to do seem to be:
Go after the judge, see what's up
Burn down the Duskhold (maybe go after the chick we freed?)
Check out the shrine

Chasing rumors at Dern doesn't seem as interesting to me.

We know we have magic, and that faith is extremely important, but I don't think we have enough practical knowledge to do much with the shrine.

I feel like we're just killing time before we're able to make the trek to the City of Lights and learn some real magic, so I'm kind of lacking in motivation in what to do. Go tastefully rape the Judge's daughter?

Someone sell me on a course of action.

Azira

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
That priest knows about magick. We've proven to him that we got faith or at least chutzpah, by going to get that vial. Maybe he will deign to teach us something, or at least let us know what his price is for such knowledge?

Storyfag

Perfidious Pole
Patron
you want to find supplies in an abandoned old dungeon?

Alchemical supplies are viable to be there. Maybe an old tome of magick? And jewgoldz, which can be used to purchase matzos supplies.

What? It's your fault the setting has a strong "Diablo I" vibe :troll:

Chasing rumors at Dern doesn't seem as interesting to me.

TBH, the whole Dern thing gives me the creeps. The way that mercenary spinned his tale, the people there were *too* happy. I bet there's something rotten under the cover of shiny happiness.

maybe you just wanna spend your days in the city and go home rich after 3 months?

And how do we go about that? Are our herbalist/alchemist skills in such high demand that we're making a fortune?

let's try and do it like this...you're on the city right now. is there anything you want to do on Eaglerock? like asking someone some questions about somethings

I definitely want to meet the judge. Doubly so after he became an Ashguard.
Might also investigate Issus' story about his daughter. And ask him more about the girl we met near Duskhold.

That'd be a start.

Boris

Educated
Queued
kekeke
nice!

i want to go to the fisting village :oops:

and fireshrine, there are woods around it, we are kickass herbalist!

Kipeci

Arcane
we enter the fire shrine and begin attempting to burn everything with our witchcraft

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom