Official Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

[LP CYOA] Pilgrimage

Discussion in 'Choose Your Own Adventure Land' started by Holy Cow, Jan 8, 2013.

1. Darth Roxor Prestigious Gentleman Wielder of the Huegpenis

Darth Roxor
    We should go to the Denn and rescue Vicc.

[​IMG]

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  
  2. Monty Arcane

Monty
    Let's investigate the Shrine of the First Flame in the East, it seems to still have some power as the merc "came out renewed after making burnt offerings".

Then travel to Denn, something sounds suspicious there.

^ Top  
  3. treave Arcane Patron

treave
    Codex 2012
    Unfortunately we're all derp at drawing maps so none will be forthcoming until we hire a cartographer. :(

We do have lore, though.

^ Top  
  4. Storyfag Perfidious Pole Patron

Storyfag
    I think we should help the Judge for now. Exploring the keep's dungeons will mean we're not exposed to the winter too much, and gives us something to do. Plus, maybe we'll find some trinkets?

^ Top  
  5. Boris Educated Queued

Boris
    Well, since this turned out to be shitty fantasy with chosen firemages and damsels in distress in the woods...

We have food and shelter.
    Time to start building muscle. Squat, press, lift.
    Buy a longbow and increase Archery stat.
    Work on magiks.
    Found a gang, build an army, march to the Capital.
    Get rich or die trying.

^ Top  
  6. Baltika9 Arcane

Baltika9
    After making a hellish pilgrimage of five years to die on the mountain by the hand of an undead warrior and being resurrected, I'm glad our boy had his priorities straight and did what any sane man would do: drown himself in booze.

As for what to do, helping the judge may be a good way to kill time, or going to investigate Denn as well.
    Then again, why waste time in this wasteland when we can use our survival and stealth skills and march towards the City of Light where we can find a tutor right now.
    It's not like there are ashbears and wasteland wolves around...right?

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  7. Monty Arcane

Monty
    I'd also like to visit the City of Light and find a tutor, but I was put off by the statements like:
    Which made me look at targets nearby, leaving the City of Light until Spring (assuming there is a Spring)

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  8. Zwist Learned

Zwist
    Let us travel to the fire shrine, the on located east of Eaglerock.
    But let us build devices to aid us in spreading the flame before.
    We should brew some flammable spirits to carry with us in great quantities at all times.
    For many a man is easier swayed by a burning in his throat, than a burning in his heart.
    And the wine here is, quite frankly, horrible.

^ Top  
  9. Omicron Scholar

Omicron
    Let's help the judge, we could get some resources to help us make the journey to the city of light in spring.

^ Top  
  10. Gondolin Arcane

Gondolin
    Let's go to the Denn. Maybe we can get some gold.

^ Top  
  11. Boris Educated Queued

Boris
    Holy shit, I forgot about napalm!
    Combine flask with arrow. Roll d20 vs 7! Critical success!
    [​IMG]

^ Top  
  12. tuluse Prestigious Gentleman Arcane

tuluse
    Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong
    If this were a cRPG, my next move would be to go after the Judge and see what he's gotten into.

Is there any way we can practice our magic abilities? Try to learn some things on our own?

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  13. Baltika9 Arcane

Baltika9
    Having thought it over, here's what I think we should do: go to Denn, get smashed with the strongest liquor they have and bury ourselves in whores.
    Then wake up and see what's what.

^ Top  
  14. oscar Prestigious Gentleman Arcane

oscar
    Obliterate the Duskhold and the sub-humans within.

^ Top  
  15. GreyViper Erudite

GreyViper
    B) Go to the High Castle and help the judge. @Omicron good point about supplies.

^ Top  
  16. treave Arcane Patron

treave
    Codex 2012
    Well, if it's abandoned because of a curse they might not have bothered to pack...

^ Top  
  17. tuluse Prestigious Gentleman Arcane

tuluse
    Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong
    So far the interesting things to do seem to be:
    Go after the judge, see what's up
    Burn down the Duskhold (maybe go after the chick we freed?)
    Check out the shrine

Chasing rumors at Dern doesn't seem as interesting to me.

We know we have magic, and that faith is extremely important, but I don't think we have enough practical knowledge to do much with the shrine.

I feel like we're just killing time before we're able to make the trek to the City of Lights and learn some real magic, so I'm kind of lacking in motivation in what to do. Go tastefully rape the Judge's daughter?

Someone sell me on a course of action.

^ Top  
  18. Azira Arcane Patron

Azira
    Codex 2012
    That priest knows about magick. We've proven to him that we got faith or at least chutzpah, by going to get that vial. Maybe he will deign to teach us something, or at least let us know what his price is for such knowledge?

^ Top  
  19. Baltika9 Arcane

Baltika9
    Pretty much, yeah.

^ Top  
  20. Storyfag Perfidious Pole Patron

Storyfag
    Alchemical supplies are viable to be there. Maybe an old tome of magick? And jewgoldz, which can be used to purchase matzos supplies.

What? It's your fault the setting has a strong "Diablo I" vibe :troll:

TBH, the whole Dern thing gives me the creeps. The way that mercenary spinned his tale, the people there were *too* happy. I bet there's something rotten under the cover of shiny happiness.

And how do we go about that? Are our herbalist/alchemist skills in such high demand that we're making a fortune?

I definitely want to meet the judge. Doubly so after he became an Ashguard.
    Might also investigate Issus' story about his daughter. And ask him more about the girl we met near Duskhold.

That'd be a start.

^ Top  
  21. Omicron Scholar

Omicron
    Nah, I thought that the judge could supply us after we assisted him with the dungeon.

^ Top  
  22. Jick Magger Arcane Patron

Jick Magger
    PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria
    Completely clueless, will probably go with whatever someone else comes up with.

^ Top  
  23. Boris Educated Queued

Boris
    kekeke
    nice!

i want to go to the fisting village :oops:

and fireshrine, there are woods around it, we are kickass herbalist!

^ Top  
  24. Kipeci Magister

Kipeci
    we enter the fire shrine and begin attempting to burn everything with our witchcraft

^ Top  
  25. Baltika9 Arcane

Baltika9
    Having given it more thought (and cinsidering that no one thinks getting drunk and going a-whoring is a good idea) the fire shrine this merc mentioned
    may be worthwhile, right after we learn what kind of offerings one would need to burn.
    Considering that it has some kind of supernatural properties, we just may get some kind of boon from our patron. Maybe even tea time with the gentleman, of a sorts. Considering that our protagonist himself wants to learn about magic, and we want to learn about magic, then seeking out traces of our God in the local area seems like the wisest thing to do.

I dub this the Baltikan Proposal.

^ Top  

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.