Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

[LP CYOA] Pilgrimage

Baltika9

Arcane
Having given it more thought (and cinsidering that no one thinks getting drunk and going a-whoring is a good idea) the fire shrine this merc mentioned
The former mercenary sighs and gulps down the remaining of his pint. He offers to pay your next cup, and spends the rest of the night regaling you with tales of his adventuring days. How he once fell through a hole and ended up alone in the Ashguard Catacombs, surrounded by the ravening undead, and how when after escaping he made his journey to a shrine dedicated to the First Flame in the east and came out renewed after making burnt offerings. You ask him if it’s the same shrine where you found the old man, to which he responds he’s never seen the place you described. Asking if you have a map, he regards it for a while, tracing the location of the Mountain with his fingers.
may be worthwhile, right after we learn what kind of offerings one would need to burn.
Considering that it has some kind of supernatural properties, we just may get some kind of boon from our patron. Maybe even tea time with the gentleman, of a sorts. Considering that our protagonist himself wants to learn about magic, and we want to learn about magic, then seeking out traces of our God in the local area seems like the wisest thing to do.

I dub this the Baltikan Proposal.

Baltika9

Arcane
cool map, huh

I accept Visa, Mastercard and Brofist :rpgcodex:
premium_brofist_by_rjd37-d5cv2pj.jpg

Weasel
I was going to vote for Baltika's proposal until I saw it was dubbed the 'Baltikan Proposal'.

Internet

Scholar
I vote for visiting the First Flame shrine. Helping the judge to clean some place of its "evil taint" sounds like something we should do if we had chosen to be ah Ashguard.

a cut of domestic sheep prime

Whorehouse? A den of iniquity. I say we find it and burn all within with righteous fire!

edit: great LP so far. finally had time to read it through.

Baltika9

Arcane
1. Seems sufficiently grimdark, and the opportunity just presented itself. Why not?

Esquilax

Arcane
1. Seems sufficiently grimdark, and the opportunity just presented itself. Why not?

Because this is a root LP and going for the grimdark choice for shits and giggles always leads to disaster? I seem to remember a certain Commander Shepard making a deal with a demon...

I dunno, maybe going full bastard here might work. Might not be fair to compare this to other situations.

Baltika9

Arcane
Meh, I had enough of playing do-gooders and ouf benefactor is pretty much saying "Living sacrifices, or have a good life. Kthxbye."

And he was Captain Shepard.

oscar

Arcane

Offering it something worthless will probably weaken us if anything or see us punished.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
BOW TO THE WOODSIE LORD AND OFFER UP YOUR FLESH EYE SO THAT HIS EYE OF STONE MAY SEE.

MANFOOL!

(I feel like going full retardo, so 2 :troll: )

Weasel
2 - But we sacrifice a testicle not an eye. Through history monotesticulars have been powerful and :obviously:.

ScubaV

Prophet
I agree with Baltika, let's be evil for once. So 3 is out. And the statue said "life for life", not "eye for life". So 2 is out.

Baltika9

Arcane
Although, to be fair, the sacrifice can go very wrong in that a mere troglodyte is too petty an offering and will insult our patron.

Nothing to back that up, just speculation. 'Cause we are worth more than one evdk, no?
:troll:

Kipeci

Arcane

We already offered some entirely worthless nonsense, anyway.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom