Official Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

[LP CYOA] Pilgrimage

Discussion in 'Choose Your Own Adventure Land' started by Holy Cow, Jan 8, 2013.

1. Darth Roxor Prestigious Gentleman Wielder of the Huegpenis

Darth Roxor
    B :troll:

^ Top  
  2. Azira Arcane Patron

Azira
    Codex 2012
    Alia seems useful to the big man. She could be useful to us too, once we dispose of him.

A2

^ Top  
  3. oscar Prestigious Gentleman Arcane

oscar
    B.

I'd say A1 and A2 are foolish, Alia's been turned into a heretical whore and, brainwashed or not, the damage is done. Nothing good can come of her.

^ Top  
  4. Jick Magger Arcane Patron

Jick Magger
    PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria
    We've avoided most opportunities to talk with Aria, so I doubt that an attempt to connect with her at this point would work too well.

Buuuuuuuuuuut, at the same time, I doubt Kurze would appreciate our tight lips, and he strikes me as the type of man who'd realize we've been holding information from him.

Definitely gonna have to give this alot of thought.

But our long term goal is more than obvious.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  5. Storyfag Perfidious Pole Patron

Storyfag
    A3. Failing that, A2.

^ Top  
  6. Monty Arcane

Monty
    A2 - we haven't tried to use her to our advantage. It's worth a try at some point and we've seen the spell over her can be broken or interrupted.

^ Top  
  7. tuluse Prestigious Gentleman Arcane

tuluse
    Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong
    I'm leaning towards B, but I could be easily convinced to go with an A.

^ Top  
  8. Rex Feral Liturgist

Rex Feral
    A1.

Failing that, I would go with A2, but only because it's mainly the same choice as A1,though for a different reason.

^ Top  
  9. ScubaV Prophet

ScubaV
    A3, though I might flop to B if A1 or A2 was winning.

^ Top  
  10. Bohr Arcane

Bohr
    a2

^ Top  
  11. Stygian Lurker Scholar

Stygian Lurker

^ Top  
  12. Rex Feral Liturgist

Rex Feral
    I believe we're not gaining anything materially by choosing A2 instead of A3 or A1. It's just a way to establish the pilgrim's personality. Is he a good guy, with a moral standpoint ? Is he a pragmatic man ? Or is he servile and ass licking and self serving, trying to get on the good side of his master ?

Am I right root ?

^ Top  
  13. Jick Magger Arcane Patron

Jick Magger
    PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria
    B.
    It's the way of the flame.

^ Top  
  14. Internet Scholar

Internet
    Exploring didn't win? Damn! We still have below average strength after training with mercenaries?
    Well, troglodyte boxing turned out interesting anyway.

I'll go with A3, it sounds more coherent with our previous choices. I fear B will get Kurze mad and our character impaled. A2 sounds dumb (as in "delusional teenager in love" kind of dumb).

^ Top  
  15. tuluse Prestigious Gentleman Arcane

tuluse
    Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong
    I'm flipping to A, but it's not one your choices root :P

A4 we saved her life once already, seems a shame to throw it away now. I feel somewhat responsible for her being alive right now, and since it will cost us nothing, we might as well keep her alive. At the same time, I'm not losing sight that we might curry favor with the Lord or possibly use her as a pawn later. I don't really care about Issus.

My new idea for our character archetype:

[​IMG]

A young Dr Schultz. I doubt he learned to be as efficient a killer as he is by being a nice guy, but at the same time he does seek to uphold values he believes in. Now we just need to figure out what those values are. So, I want power because the ends justify the means.

^ Top  
  16. Zwist Learned

Zwist
    A2. And fuck that she is beautiful. I am interested in how that mind control works.

^ Top  
  17. Jick Magger Arcane Patron

Jick Magger
    [​IMG]

Duh

^ Top  
  18. treave Arcane Patron

treave
    Codex 2012
    DO NOT RECITE THE TRANSLATED CIPHER.

^ Top  
  19. Jick Magger Arcane Patron

Jick Magger
    Like, unplayable insane, kooky insane, Kurtzian insane, or jabbering mess insane?

^ Top  
  20. tuluse Prestigious Gentleman Arcane

tuluse
    So we have a hexagon, then every word has 6 letters, and the first 6 lines each have 6 words.

That's all I got for now.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  21. Kayerts Arcane

Kayerts
    Is this a patristocrat? (Simple substitution cipher, but spaces / line breaks are not to be trusted?)

^ Top  
  22. Kayerts Arcane

Kayerts
    If it were an ADFGVX-style cipher, you'd see 6 characters used exclusively in one section of the message, though.

^ Top  
  23. Hoodoo It gets passed around. Dumbfuck

Hoodoo
    b

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.