Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

[LP CYOA] Pilgrimage

Rex Feral

Prophet
Shit. Well I hope at least the update's coming soon.
Otherwise you could let the votes up a couple more days, I bet those who voted A2/B2 would flop to A1/B1:troll:

Azira

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
It's something you get for doing something suicidally stupid, if you somehow manage to survive.

You can expect the very same choice will lead to you having to spend said fatepoint again, to continue surviving. :M

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
Feht point ain't gonna save you from dying in a room full of angry troopers with flamers that is about to be flooded with nerve gas, though :troll:

Rex Feral

Prophet
I think I remember an old thread by root where having a fatepoint didn't prevent us from being possessed by a daemon and losing our control and sanity.

Oh well.

Storyfag

Perfidious Pole
Patron
I think I remember an old thread by root where having a fatepoint didn't prevent us from being possessed by a daemon and losing our control and sanity.

Well, that's because we voted not to use the fate point. And continued to vote so till the bitter end.

Root, however, was still not forgiven for how that storyline developed.

Rex Feral

Prophet
It was actually pretty interesting until the point Cassius got possessed and the POV switched to another character. Maybe you'll get back to it one day.

Rex Feral

Prophet
So we just saved Toad, only to kill him ourselves one update later. Great, now I want this character to die.

Azira

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Collateral damage. We used him. He served his purpose. Besides, he should be grateful, he was cleansed in the fire of purity! Verily, he ought to rejoice, his soul soaring into the light!

Rex Feral

Prophet
We went into trouble to save him only to kill him later. It's stupid. At least if it was like "Ah shit, I accidentaly killed him with the Inferno. Poor guy.".

But no. It's actually like this: "A thousand enemies at the door ? Let's burn the guy we just saved. Because fuck logic."

tuluse

Arcane
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Why didn't we speak up for the girl when we saved her? We could even have gained some favor at the time for doing it. That was far more retarded that this.

Storyfag

Perfidious Pole
Patron
We went into trouble to save him only to kill him later. It's stupid. At least if it was like "Ah shit, I accidentaly killed him with the Inferno. Poor guy.".

But no. It's actually like this: "A thousand enemies at the door ? Let's burn the guy we just saved. Because fuck logic."

Now wait a moment. You're assuming we have any sort of control over the inferno. This is not evident from root's sneak peek.

Rex Feral

Prophet
Why didn't we speak up for the girl when we saved her? We could even have gained some favor at the time for doing it. That was far more retarded that this.

Yeah, that was dumb too. Not that it matters anymore. Considering what is happening here, she's better off there. Maybe we can even go after her.

As for: "I smile lazily at Toad, shaking my head slowly. I don’t think he has any time to react before the pillar of flame engulfs him."

Yeah, we totally didn't see that coming. Our character seems so suprised.

Meh, I'll just have to see what the final update looks like.

Storyfag

Perfidious Pole
Patron
when will you update your lp?
soon. have a sneak peek
well, thx, but i was asking storyfag

Which one do you mean? I've abandoned several already :troll:

As for: "I smile lazily at Toad, shaking my head slowly. I don’t think he has any time to react before the pillar of flame engulfs him."

Yeah, we totally didn't see that coming. Our character seems so suprised.

The impression I got here was that we did see it coming, but were somehow powerless to stop it. Concussion to the head, anyone?

Mind you, that's just an impression.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
I'll hazard a guess that being 'reborn in fire' doesn't usually make for the most stable of characters.

Rex Feral

Prophet
Next thing we know we're gonna become Mustang from Fullmetal Alchemist or Ignus from Planescape...

Just for the record what would have happened had we gone with A or B ?

As for this choice 1)

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom