Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

[LP CYOA] Pilgrimage

tuluse

Arcane
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong
1 is the most intriguing. Since we've lost our possessions, knowledge is all we have left, better do what we can to increase it.

2 is very interesting as well, but I'm sticking with 1.

Btw, how old is our character?

Esquilax

Arcane
The local sheriff strikes me as paranoid - I don't know enough about the situation to indicate whether that paranoia is justifiable or not. Given the grimdarkness of the setting, the Mountain might have made the three criminals go crazy. Issus seemed to accept that hanging the boy was the right thing to do. Then again, who knows, maybe the authority figures in this town have gone crazy too. As for the vendor, I think he'd probably be the most likely person to point us to the thief without getting involved in local problems, but he'd probably also have us by the balls running errands for him because we have no money.

Issus also noticed our PC's scabbard: it belonged to the man in plate mail in the prologue and he spoke in religious tones, so I'm assuming he's some sort of a templar or religious figure who's lost his faith, but still kept some of the trappings of it. Seeing the scabbard may have made Issus suspicious of us.

Voting 2) for now, could flop to anything.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
A herbalist must hawk his wares to survive, even if what he sells are the precious bounties of nature. Does he not speak the mutual language of profit and loss that a vendor does? Would that not make it easier to come to a mutual understanding?

Azira

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
A boy of 12 can be evil as fuck, no mistake. Especially in a grimdark world. Hanging the boy might very well have been justifiable, how are we to know?

Storyfag

Perfidious Pole
Patron
I, for one, don't see anything wrong in hanging 12 year olds as long as they deserve it. So that's not a valid reason to avoid the sheriff. Torn between wanting to meet him or learning more stuff from Issus.

oscar

Arcane
1, though getting the help of a no nonsense sheriff would be nice.

2. No fluffing about doing favours, let's take this to the sheriff.

Monty

Arcane
1 for me. Issus has information and has proved willing to at least talk to us, 2 is a bit of a gamble. Perhaps 'strangers with a touch of the mountain' are the ones who are hanged. As far as the 'price to pay' for Issus is concerned, it could be either a promise to follow his religion or to use our meagre skills on his behalf - we simply don't have much else of value. Probably worth it to learn something about the world.

Rumsfeld

Scholar
So 1 and 3 both definitely cost us something and 4 means just giving up on reclaiming our possessions or finding the scum who stole them. While the drawback to 2 seems to be... the lawman might be too harsh on 'bad people'?

2 - Let's have a chat to Dirty Harry.

Smashing Axe

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
Colour me intrigued with this LP

Voting 2 for now. Issus is probably some bastard con artist looking to tricks us.

Smashing Axe

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
Also when the vote comes up, voting female so we can end up like some crazed snake-worshiping cultist sorceress. Overall for class would prefer to go towards a mixture of thief/magic user.

Evil_sorceress_by_Shockbolt.jpg

Monty

Arcane
Also when the vote comes up, voting female so we can end up like some crazed snake-worshiping cultist sorceress. Overall for class would prefer to go towards a mixture of thief/magic user.
Hadn't realised we still had to vote on that. I guess I just assumed we were male... as noone's tried to rape us yet.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
This is gonna be fun when the hurting starts. :lol:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom