Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

[LP CYOA] Pilgrimage

Azira

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
This bandwagoning seems ominous, but I'll tag along. This "angel" should be able to shed further light on events, since it's the only other survivor in this place.
I wonder. What happened with the thing Kurze unleashed? Is this it? If so, travelling with it, we might need to spend our fatepoint soon..

Also, updated character sheet? Is the arm still gangrened, or did this pure fire purify it? And did we gain a new trait, "pure flame"? "Light of God"?

We're headed down the Redeemer path again, aren't we? :troll:

Rex Feral

Prophet
If we still got the blowdart we could pick up some poisonous plants on the way to eaglerock. Darts coated in some poison might be a good way to stealthily kill someone without attracting the attention a random explosion might cause.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
Let us follow the angel so maybe we can find out what the fuck is going on.

a cut of domestic sheep prime

1 - That turned out rather well. Follow the eyeless one. We shall burn all the unrighteous in our path!

(btw, picturing us following some robed, limping dude reminds me of the cutscenes in Diablo 2 fsr...)

Rex Feral

Prophet
1 - That turned out rather well. Follow the eyeless one. We shall burn all the unrighteous in our path!

(btw, picturing us following some robed, limping dude reminds me of the cutscenes in Diablo 2 fsr...)

Why did I follow him ? I don't know. Why do things happen as they do in dreams ?

Rex Feral

Prophet
I'm completely sure root is working his ass off right now in order to deliver us the very best of the next update. It will be done when it will be done.

Rex Feral

Prophet
Damnation. Despair. The darkness from within our hearts and the darkness born from the fires of creation.

This CYOA sure has its part of emotional lows.

Rex Feral

Prophet
I saw Alia’s burned body, saw Issus’ stumps; the Judge told me he tried to pull her out of the pyre after having lit it with his own hands.

“My own daughter, pilgrim. I watched her burn. I set the kindling alight. My Alia.”

He leaps at me with a dagger held precariously in his false limb. I’m caught off guard and I feel the blade scoring a deep gash on my side before I can roll away from its edge. His eyes are ablaze, his expression manic.

“My own daughter, whom you said had gone away! Turned away from here and left and was safe and now she came back a witch and I had to burn her though I knew-“

He pants and lunges at me again, but he’s an old man and I sidestep it easily.

“I knew it were not so and she was just misguided and foolish but the city was dying, Eaglerock was dying and the Judge had given us hope and I couldn’t let a witch take it all away but she was mine own Alia-”

Again he stabs and I trip over the stool and fall, and he’s upon me and the tip of his dagger swaying unsteadily in between my eyes.

“Look, look what you’ve made a father do!”

Yeah...nothing like some grimdark to lighten the mood.

Anyway up till now it was great :greatjob:

When's the next update coming ?

oscar

Arcane
If you think that was a bad chapter ending this must be your first root LP.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
Only first person can achieve real immersion, people ever only used 3rd in cyoas because of technical limitations in the past :troll:

aleam iacis

Liturgist
Codex USB, 2014 BattleTech
Weren't the Anthony Sommers stories in 2nd person? That's not used enough! But I don't think I have a preference. If you'd like to try 3rd person, excellent, though some codexers may then prefer a female protagonist.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
Ah, good, we can finally go about and rescue Vicc.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom