Official Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

[LP CYOA] Pilgrimage

Discussion in 'Choose Your Own Adventure Land' started by Holy Cow, Jan 8, 2013.

1. Elfberserker Liturgist

Elfberserker
    Wait, was the Mirthwater stone idol who cursed the pilgrim?
    This might good way to remove curse, even the guys might easily suspect foul play on our part.

^ Top  
  2. asxetos Augur

asxetos
    It can work.

^ Top  
  3. Lambchop19 Arcane Zionist Agent Literally Hitler Batshit Crazy

Lambchop19
    I think she wants us to find her and bring this thing - I take that from the "hell rides at your back part". Why else would she want us to come if hell was at our back? Hell being this thing? It may be that she is capable of wresting control of it away from its masters. The part about our arm is strange though. It doesn't sound good.

Besides, if our aim is to work with this thing, I don't think we should betray what it told us - especially not after being told to keep quite about it:
    Also, perhaps the extreme amplification of our link caused us to see something more than the eyeless one intended. Perhaps what happens to our arm in the vision is something she intends to do to us when if we go to her. And perhaps the fact that we saw her as a golden angel with a crown of bone was also more than she wanted us to see.

How did you all avoid being knocked out by that thing?

Lambchop19 rolled 10-sided di(c)e: Total: 14
    Last edited: Jul 30, 2014
    • Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  4. Lambchop19 Arcane Zionist Agent Literally Hitler Batshit Crazy

Lambchop19
    And Lore Roll:
    What was the "golden one with spectral wings and a crown of bone and eyes of molten gold" that we saw?

I'd figure either our occult lore or legends and folklore would turn something up...if I can roll this right...

Lambchop19 rolled 10-sided di(c)e: Total: 7
    • Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  5. Storyfag Perfidious Pole Patron

Storyfag
    1A. Also, slyly investigate the possibility of the Quaestor helping us to destroy the stone idol. We don't need to free the Druj if he can order it to aid us.

^ Top  
  6. Lambchop19 Arcane Zionist Agent Literally Hitler Batshit Crazy

Lambchop19
    Yeah. Why were we the only one knocked out? Couldn't it knock them out too?

Sure. I mean, does anything about her appearance in the vision coincide with any mythical figures or signs or anything else for that matter? The crown of bone for example was a weird detail.

Last edited: Jul 30, 2014
    • Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  7. Lambchop19 Arcane Zionist Agent Literally Hitler Batshit Crazy

Lambchop19
    Well, the first question was more addressed to Vyck and Severian themselves, hence my earlier phrasing of it. I wanted to see if we could get an idea of any protections they possessed so that if we succeed in gaining control of the druj, they won't be able to stop us.

The second question is very enlightening. Both interpretations could be true. Either way, the eyeless one seems even less trustworthy to me.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  8. Baltika9 Arcane

Baltika9
  9. Baltika9 Arcane

Baltika9
  10. ERYFKRAD Barbarian Patron

ERYFKRAD
    Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  11. Grimgravy Augur Patron

Grimgravy
    Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire
  12. Esquilax Arcane

Esquilax
    Some observations:

This seems to be one of the few times we've seen a genuine reaction from Vyck. Every interaction we've had with him, his demeanor has been one of a carefully practiced nonchalance, but here it's obvious that he cares about why the Mirthwater Optikos went dark and is absolutely livid that the Quaestor's priorities lie elsewhere. This definitely indicates that there's some serious potential to drive a rift between them if we can play this right. Vyck's been difficult to read - as he was back in the brothel - but this was the real Fedor right here.

Not sure if I see this plan having much potential. Even if they believe our lies - which they very well could - then what? We've memorized the Quastor's ritual movements to bind the Druj, but he possesses the same trick too. The other alternative to unlocking our powers would be to somehow manipulate the Ashguard into doing our work for us (which has potential) but for the forseeable future, we're stuck with these two, so I don't know what exactly we would intend to do once we reached the stone altar.

On the other hand, I'm not particularly keen on having a powerful, extremely dangerous guy like Severian hunting the eyeless on, not when she still could be very useful to us. Either way, we're getting played by someone with an agenda of their own; by Severian if we choose to come clean with 1B, or by this corrupted form of Alia should we go towards the stone idol. In either case, Vyck will be more hostile towards us, though if we can profit from it in the long-run by being able to burn him to a crisp with a single thought, I doubt the Pilgrim will give a shit.

But, I suppose we'll have the most leverage to manipulate things with 1A so I'll stick with that for now.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  13. Storyfag Perfidious Pole Patron

Storyfag
    But it is an interesting observation none the less: the Mirthwater Optikos also went silent. I wonder if the circumstances were similar. Also, did they bind a Druj too? Was it then captured by Kurze and held in Duskhold?

^ Top  
  14. Lambchop19 Arcane Zionist Agent Literally Hitler Batshit Crazy

Lambchop19
    Haha. If that were the case then wouldn't we become Kurze if 2 goes well? Complete with our own Alia. Sounds pretty awesome to me. We could probably use our druj to rally the little goblinoids behind us the way he did and take up residence in the Duskhold ruins. Full circle and all that.

• Brofist Brofist x 3
    ^ Top  
  15. Longinus Educated

Longinus
  16. Azira Arcane Patron

Azira
    Codex 2012
    Azira: 1A
    oscar: 1B
    asxetos: 2
    Lambchop19: 2
    Kz3r0: 2
    Storyfag: 1A
    Baltika9: 1A
    ERYFKRAD: 3
    Grimgravy: 2
    Esquilax: 1A

Total tally;
    1A: 4
    1B: 1
    2: 4
    3: 1

Did you flip a coin for 2 to win, root?

Oh, and if Longinus' vote were to have been counted, 1A would've won.

^ Top  
  17. Rex Feral Liturgist

Rex Feral
    1A

^ Top  
  18. Bricks Unwanted

Unwanted
    Sweet update. Feels good man.

Dicerollquestion:

Why do our 'friends' want the eyeless one? Can we ask them? Obviously they dont want to kill her/it?

How did they catch the Druj? Can we just summon them like Kurze did?

Why was everyone dead (someones torn of handclub) in the cellar?

Did root spoiler us by saying the the well dwelling wormdaemon is da evilest being in the lp? Meaning we cant trust it with anything?

^ Top  
  19. Bricks Unwanted

Unwanted
    So, its 1A or 2, eh

1A is safer cause 2 was suggested by the evul cunt!

1A, do eeet.

^ Top  
  20. Azira Arcane Patron

Azira
    Codex 2012
    We've had three further 1A votes since you closed it due to miscount, giving 1A a solid 7 to 4 lead.

^ Top  
  21. Azira Arcane Patron

Azira
    Codex 2012
    Reading comprehension fail on my part about you opening the vote again back there. :oops:

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  22. Bricks Unwanted

Unwanted
    whats forbidden lore, halbech?

do druj appear in legends and folklore? are there many of them? fluffupdate

can we use our 2 fatepoints to kill both our 'benefactors'?

what happened to the false prophet dirga and what was he prophesizeteling?

^ Top  
  23. Grimgravy Augur Patron

Grimgravy
    Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire
    1: The exotic-looking silvery tube things that flare on one end. Perhaps some kind of horn?
    2: yes

^ Top  
  24. Lambchop19 Arcane Zionist Agent Literally Hitler Batshit Crazy

Lambchop19
    1) heavy-looking rectangular thing with two pipes sticking out of one end, joining together in a perforated flattened cylinder. There's a metal canister sticking out from its underside, or what I assume is its underside.

I have a feeling it's either an assualt rifle or a flamethrower.

2) Yes.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.