Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

[LP CYOA] Pilgrimage

Azira

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
I get the feeling that our protagonist was destined to die, no matter which decision we made, after agreeing to the promise to the old priest.
As was mentioned, death doesn't end the oath. Will we return as a
spectre? :troll:

Boris

Educated
Queued
Two roads diverged in a yellow wood,
And sorry I could not travel both
And be one traveler, long I stood
And looked down one as far as I could
To where it bent in the undergrowth;

Then took the other, as just as fair,
And having perhaps the better claim,
Because it was grassy and wanted wear;
Though as for that the passing there
Had worn them really about the same,

And both that morning equally lay
In leaves no step had trodden black.
Oh, I kept the first for another day!
Yet knowing how way leads on to way,
I doubted if I should ever come back.

I shall be telling this with a sigh
Somewhere ages and ages hence:
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I—
I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference.

Baltika9

Arcane
So this was a test of faith? We didn't do as Deus vulted and now He didn't vult to protect us?
Edit: Or our First Flame wasn't strong enough?

Azira

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Don't fret. We'll be back. Rebuilt. Better. And set to work for a shadowy organisation, doing questionable deeds, trying to combat the encroaching Ashes, but we'll have to make a pivotal choice in whether to try and harness the Ash for our own gains, or try to defeat it.

:martini:

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
"The downfall of many a holy man anointed in the Flame is thus; Light strong enough to attract the shadow of the Dark, yet too weak to defeat it. Faith must not be half-heartedly held, but embraced with all your might."

edit: Azira, you have no idea how close you are to the truth. Turn back before you uncover things you do not want to know. :lol:

Esquilax

Arcane
"The downfall of many a holy man anointed in the Flame is thus; Light strong enough to attract the shadow of the Dark, yet too weak to defeat it. Faith must not be half-heartedly held, but embraced with all your might."

Ah, so our level of conviction wasn't strong enough. Rejecting faith would have been okay and presented different options, but not accepting it wholeheartedly was wishy-washy and led to our demise, right? If we firebombed the area, would our faith have shielded us in the cave and allowed us to survive through the prologue? It's fairly clear to me that options 1-4 would have been variations of

dark-souls-you-died-e1332347774360.jpg

tuluse

Arcane
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong
I guess we should have listened to the little girl and went to the law.

1SAac

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Ah, so our level of conviction wasn't strong enough. Rejecting faith would have been okay and presented different options, but not accepting it wholeheartedly was wishy-washy and led to our demise, right? If we firebombed the area, would our faith have shielded us in the cave and allowed us to survive through the prologue?

Well, not exactly, that's just a 'Sayings of the Keepers of the Flame'. They have many. Whether any of them are true or not is ambiguous.

Absalom

What isn't ambiguous is that firebombing mongoloids would have been fucking sweet

Baltika9

Arcane
I'd go for Shepard due to all of the referential humor, but I think we can do better.

Gender; appearance: male; after reading the story so far, this is the impression I get: a rather thin fellow, due to his rather long and strenuous adventures, above-average height, say 6'3". Gaunt face, dull grey eyes, black of hair, maybe even with a bit gray showing here and there, posture is slightly hunched under the weight of his travels. A rather dour facial expression and a serious demeanor.

Name: Ahzek, because why not?:troll:

tuluse

Arcane
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong
I like Baltika's description a lot. Though I wouldn't go as tall as 6'3" more like 5'11".

Name: Murdok

Weasel
Appearance: Male (but hard to tell), tall, heavy build, very hairy. Somewhat inarticulate, but passionate and short-tempered. Good with ranged weapons and pulling off arms.

Name: Chewbacca

Monty

Arcane
I like Tuluse's name: Murdok

Short, ginger, runty and inbred-looking. Small tattoo of a few characters on his cheek, that he can't remember getting and in a language he doesn't understand. Crooked nose, previously broken by a headbutt to the face. Lanky unwashed hair with the beginnings of a few dreadlocks.

Bohr

Arcane
1.Adahn

Although seeing as everyone is proposing different descriptions....:

Bald, fat, Australian, female, no eye-brows

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom