Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

(LP CYOA) The War for the West

zaper

Yes.
Developer

upload_2020-11-2_0-4-16.png

upload_2020-11-2_0-4-21.png

A) "You may be a good ruler, but I have my doubts about Daedros."
B) "I can offer you adequate monetary compensation if you are willing to give me your vote."
C) "I will raise arms and take the throne by force if needed be."
D) "Is there nothing I can do to change your mind?"

a cut of domestic sheep prime

ABE

I doubt he cares about prophecies or bloodlines

Kipeci

Arcane
Our best bet might be not seeking the throne ourselves but rather to back someone favorable to us to the hilt starting as soon as we can. Some of our would-be vassals loathe us which would make it hard to rule them, just make sure they aren’t the ones that get elected.

Our best bet might be not seeking the throne ourselves but rather to back someone favorable to us to the hilt starting as soon as we can. Some of our would-be vassals loathe us which would make it hard to rule them, just make sure they aren’t the ones that get elected.
Meh. I say that we’re capable of ruling. I think we can get Avellyn to support us, though obvious Sessanah will never support us, which means all we need is this guy’s vote. We will need to promise him something in return though.

It’s clear Sessanah hates Lord Dullis too, so she won’t vote for him. Which means we just need to get Avellyn to vote for us instead of Dullis.

If you wanted it your way, we would still have to convince Avellyn to vote for Dullis if you want him to be king, since Sessanah never will and Dullis will vote for himself. If we don’t and Avellyn votes for herself and Sessanah votes for Avellyn (or vice versa) it will end in a stalemate if we vote for Dullis.

All of this sounds just as complex as convincing Avellyn to vote for us anyway, so why not?

Last edited by a moderator:

Kipeci

Arcane
I was thinking of boosting Avelynn, actually. With our fragile military I think balancing vassals that hate us and the easterners would be unlikely at best.

B

Given that she knows about these monsters from outer space and invested the time and effort to watch for them, I’d be willing to bet that she *will* care about prophecy and about our bloodline, Kipeci, so I’m thinking we have an in when it comes to convincing her and ruling over her.

And seeing as how we are the protagonist, I figure it’s best that we become queen and not some woman we just met 5 minutes ago. :M

zaper

Yes.
Developer
B

Given that she knows about these monsters from outer space and invested the time and effort to watch for them, I’d be willing to bet that she *will* care about prophecy and about our bloodline, Kipeci, so I’m thinking we have an in when it comes to convincing her and ruling over her.

And seeing as how we are the protagonist, I figure it’s best that we become queen and not some woman we just met 5 minutes ago. :M

upload_2020-11-2_17-16-24.png

upload_2020-11-2_17-16-34.png

We can, uh, select a few options I think.

A - her vote is key to victory. alternatively, if you plan to vote for her, you'd better trust her.

zaper

Yes.
Developer
A - her vote is key to victory. alternatively, if you plan to vote for her, you'd better trust her.

upload_2020-11-2_18-47-46.png

upload_2020-11-2_18-47-51.png

upload_2020-11-2_18-48-0.png

We can make up to three questions here... but there's a trick.

(Also, there's a mix up with pronouns here because originally all Sanctified were hermaphrodites, but I had to change that to comply with the editors. It seems that some words here didn't make it through the last alteration)

baud

Arcane
Patron
RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
I guess asking 'why only three' would count as one question.

Are the abyssal spawn really coming?
What are those strange dreams I keep having?
What is the sight?

What are the sanctified?
Who will become ruler of the Western Peninsula?

:M

zaper

Yes.
Developer
I guess asking 'why only three' would count as one question.

What are those strange dreams I keep having?
What is the sight?

What are the sanctified?
Who will become ruler of the Western Peninsula?

:M

Let's ask the one question that both asked for. (And again, there's a trick to this segment)

upload_2020-11-2_23-32-31.png

upload_2020-11-2_23-32-42.png

Let's ask the one question that both asked for. (And again, there's a trick to this segment)
Well, I have no idea what said trick is.

My guess however would be that it is to not ask the 3rd question...

What are the sanctified?

Crap. Well, if this isn't the trick, I want the sanctified, but if it is:

Enough questions.

what is the sanctified?

(I don't want to wager potential information on a gamble)
the sanctified are the kids with two different colored eyes that you have to send to the temple whenever you find them.
Full support, let’s pimp it up

View attachment 14209

View attachment 14210

View attachment 14211

View attachment 14212

The next day...

View attachment 14213

(all Hold court events are randomized from a pool, but some only occur after certain conditionals have been met. Weirdly enough, this isn't one of them; this is just a coincidence)

View attachment 14214

View attachment 14215

View attachment 14216

View attachment 14217

View attachment 14219
View attachment 14221

View attachment 14222

What should be done about the children born with heterochromia?

A) The child must be given to the Temple once the mother stops breastfeeding.
B) The child will be given to the Temple upon reaching the age of six.
C) The child must stay with the mother.
Pretty sure the temple has a nice info dump, but I'm wondering if this "trick" isn't worth passing it up...

baud

Arcane
Patron
RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
How did the pale mage know I would come?
What else can you tell me about them?

what is the sanctified?

(I don't want to wager potential information on a gamble)
the sanctified are the kids with two different colored eyes that you have to send to the temple whenever you find them.

Pretty sure the temple has a nice info dump, but I'm wondering if this "trick" isn't worth passing it up...

Thanks. I still think what we got was better than the chance of getting more information (with the risk of not getting anything)

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom