Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

In Progress [LP CYOA] Tower

Nahel

Arcane
B. Front gates are rarely a good idea. And no idea when those hunters will arrive and how they will treat a vampire

Non-Edgy Gamer

Grand Dragon
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In
B. Front gates are rarely a good idea. And no idea when those hunters will arrive and how they will treat a vampire
Or how they'll treat the weird-eyed, wrinkly-faced boy who has magic powers that's with her. We may end up blamed for all of this. I mean, it is our fault, I guess, but still.

Then again, the longer we're here, the more likely the hunters will arrive before we leave.

B>A for now.

Also, we now have a vampire redhead on our team to go with our elf girl. And you doubted the path of Liz and the Doggo? Instead we could have been a Communist drawing what I assume was gay furry propaganda for Lenin, and potentially getting assraped by Alexei.

Baltika9

Arcane
and potentially getting assraped by Alexei.
We're not cute enough for that. We'd likely get conscripted as a squire to the Leibguard or something like that, clean latrines and do basic combat training. OTOH, we'd get guns.

Speaking of which, we need to get ourselves a revolver.

Nevill

Arcane
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Get the vampire out of here discreetly.

B. You try to escape through the back gates. While the route is longer, you will have more cover and places to conceal yourself on the way there.

Elizabeth’s fingers plunge deep into the former orderly’s belly and rips it apart. Blood and viscera spatter all over her and she wrinkles her nose over the dying monster. “Okay, now this stinks. Yours was better.” She giggles again.
That strength is unnatural, and though she may be able to pretend to be normal, extraordinary circumstances may get in the way.

We should probably grab some new clothes for her to wear, that aren't smeared in someone else's blood.

Also, I love how Rain is casually dropping off a ceiling in the midst of the carnage as if all that happened is we got late. A natural-born assassin. :love:
h280_48921980.jpg

Edit:
She bats her eyelashes at you slowly and exaggeratedly. “Oh, would you mind if I had some more-“
Oh no, it's trying to hypnotize us! :eek:

Last edited:

Absinthe

Arcane
Looks like we owe Lisa for saving Rain. She's dead but if there's a funeral afterwards or any next-of-kin she left behind we should probably do something for them.

Hey treave, what does Rain recommend if we explain the situation to her?

Tigranes

Arcane
B seems obvious, on the off chance we run headlong into the cops at the front having their pretzels.

Azira

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
I'm leaning towards B as well. I agree that we need to exit the hospital, and going through the back way seems more prudent now that we're collected Rain and Liz both.

Absinthe

Arcane
Noted. Well, we do have rudimentary stealth skills and a map and we know the hospital very well. Voting B.

I guess in the scheme of things we want to leave quietly and don't want to get questioned about what happened here, which is what will happen if we wait for rescue with C. And A is just an unnecessarily dangerous option while we want to protect people and avoid drawing attention to ourselves.

Last edited:

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
A moment of silence for the carpenter who made those front doors only for it to be ignored by everyone of consequence.
I bet it looks real nice too.

Kipeci

Arcane
A

We seem to have pretty good firepower what with Elizabeth being able to make confetti out of monsters in a split second with her bare hands and Wrinkly also having some combat capability. I think we can afford a direct rush before the monsters might get more organized or something else terrible happens as a twist. Also more of a chance of vacating the premises before some hunter or whatever causes an issue with Elizabeth.

Absinthe

Arcane
I admire your optimism, Kipeci, but I kinda feel like pointing out we're not on the level of professional hunters just yet and clearly somewhere everything is going massively to shit. Let's not be in that place with a little girl we gotta protect.

If we want to escape fast we can always rush down the B path instead of taking detours for loot and shit.

Absinthe

Arcane
The current theme of the crisis is hunt or be hunted, so the place with the most prey trying to pass through is probably also the place with the most monsters, maybe even alphas or whatever the fuck.

Orbit

Scholar
A. Try to escape before the hunting party arrives. I doubt we have the means to truly hide from trained monster hunters with powerful divination astras and we should be out before sunrise or Liz may start to sparkle.

Kipeci

Arcane
The current theme of the crisis is hunt or be hunted, so the place with the most prey trying to pass through is probably also the place with the most monsters, maybe even alphas or whatever the fuck.
You don’t need to outrun the bear if you can outrun your buddy! Or even better, zombified coworkers. It works for zebras. Barring that, sea urchin strategy, be the prickliest and hardest to chew prey in the area. Maximize meatshields.

Absinthe

Arcane
Why do you keep assuming they will be slow-moving zombies when the current disaster seems to be all about transforming people into hunting beasts? This mess gave both Cloud and Elizabeth some speed boosts compared to their situation moments before, so it's clearly possible monsters could've gotten speed powerups too.

Also, your plan seems to be about using human shields/offerings to get us through the kill zone. That might work, tbh, but it would most likely require us to throw other people into mortal danger and will also make us infamous as a murderer and cause lots of problems down the line. A good way to go down an evil route though.

Last edited:

Kipeci

Arcane
Well, at any rate we seem to have been faster than the wolf she-beast and Elizabeth speedier than whatever reflection of a dark heart she pulled the insides out of. Plus, we saw as evidence scattered all over the floor that some did not turn and perhaps can serve as additional distractions. This hospital presently seems terribly unhealthy to regular people and I doubt us taking the time to smell the roses and skulk through the halls would improve the lot of the potential people you’re worrying about at the gate. If the possible meat shields may be there dying anyway, why not have them die for us rather than just for the fun of their bestial former co-workers? I wouldn’t consider that as really murder or evil. We could even intervene if upon examination it appears that we have plausible chances to be a HERO OF JUSTICE. How noble, possibly!

Orbit

Scholar
Trying to become a hero might put the spotlight on Rain and Liz. Better let the zombie snacks fend for themselves while we make for the exit.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom