Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Lucasfilm Games brand resurrected by Disney

Ezekiel

Arcane
What a bad name. Is it a game or is it a film? Lucas Arts was a good name.

DeepOcean

Arcane
Pretty lame ressurection, they didnt even keep the old LucasArts logo, just by that, so you know what you can expect, mobile cash trap for China men, microtransactions and popamole for Microsoft.

Morpheus Kitami

Liturgist
Lucasfilm Games did a bunch of really nice shit that wasn't directly related to their movies, so I wonder if I they plan on doing anything along those lines or just releasing some mediocre licensed games.

PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Serpent in the Staglands Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Resurrecting labels for production-orientated enterprises is dumb. Once the culture and creative vision that organized a company is gone, you can't bring it back.

Ezeekiel

Liturgist
It's probably going to be all about subverting the things people once liked... Same as every other resurrected thing we've had in the last decade or so.

Ocelot

Learned
Pretty sure Disney is full woke nowadays, though.

Disney's priorities when making a Star Wars product

1. Make sure there are enough good Asian characters to appease the Communist Party of China
2. Shoehorn an obscure "woke" political agendarelated to real life politics to pretend they aren't an uncaring corporation that should have been broken up years ago
3. Increase share price, keep shareholders happy

Darkozric

Arbiter
Edgy
The only good thing that could happen out of this is if Disney gives the OK to Ron Gilbert to make MI3. Everything else is gonna be popamole and in the worst case scenario it will contain the subverting your expectations mentality.

Atlantico

unida e indivisible
Patron
Undisputed Queen of Faggotry Vatnik In My Safe Space
Make the Codex Great Again!
It's Disney, so I'm going to go with: it's going to be subpar garbage.

It's bittersweet to see the old 80s name, ... nomen est omen.

iu

The only good thing that could happen out of this is if Disney gives the OK to Ron Gilbert to make MI3. Everything else is gonna be popamole and in the worst case scenario it will contain the subverting your expectations mentality.

That's a garbage nostalgia boomer idea.

Last edited:

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
If they're gonna license shit out again, first thing that obviously comes to mind if KotOR 3. If they just broke from EA though, that's not happening with Bioware (thankfully?). Obsidian is owned by MS now and unlikely. Who else would be on the table for that kind of project? Maybe Larian after BG3 is done?

SoupNazi

If they're gonna license shit out again, first thing that obviously comes to mind if KotOR 3. If they just broke from EA though, that's not happening with Bioware (thankfully?). Obsidian is owned by MS now and unlikely. Who else would be on the table for that kind of project? Maybe Larian after BG3 is done?
Be still my cold heart. Do not give me hope.

toro

Arcane
Vatnik

Ubisoft

Darkozric

Arbiter
Edgy
That's a garbage nostalgia boomer idea.

Actually it's a nostalgia Gen X/millennial idea but I get your point which is retarded cause Ron himself always wanted to make a 3rd MI game.

Last edited:

Atlantico

unida e indivisible
Patron
Undisputed Queen of Faggotry Vatnik In My Safe Space
Make the Codex Great Again!
Actually it's a nostalgia Gen X/millennial idea but I get your point which is retarded cause Ron himself always wanted to make a 3rd MI game.

Ron is a boomer and if it is his idea, then it is in fact a retarded nostalgia boomer idea, you absolute mega moron.

icon_rolleyes.gif

Darkozric

Arbiter
Edgy

Ron is a boomer and if it is his idea, then it is in fact a retarded nostalgia boomer idea, you absolute mega moron.

icon_rolleyes.gif

MI released in 1990, it was created by a boomer and played mostly by gen x/millennials, as I said previously your comment is retarded. Considering the success of TP it's not a bad idea at all (except if you are a faggot and you prefer the Wadjeteye's faggotry adventures).

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom