Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Lulzy RPG thread at GameTrailers.

Serious_Business

Best Poster on the Codex
As one of the glorious master elite race of computer-gamers (because this makes me great, I play games on my pc), I feel those jews are certainly not worth to be call human beings, in fact I would call them retards and mongrels because my brain power is as impressive as the processor in my pc which is very impressive because obviously I play smart games and that makes me smart, because playing games is a very constructive, elaborate and positive thing that makes me great and powerful. I advice not that we all masturbate in a pot because that would not be equal to our great natures but instead that we all give each other handjobs to show how pure and right our elitist man love is like the greek heroes before us.

Texas Red

Whiner
"Lost Odyssey (ロストオデッセイ, Rosuto Odessei?) is an RPG developed by Mistwalker exclusively for the Xbox 360. The player takes control of Kaim, a man who has lived for 1,000 years, with no memory of his past. The game's story revolves around a world nearing a "magical industrial revolution", and Kaim's part in this story. Kaim, who seems to want to forget his past, struggles with the return of his memories and the pain they bring."

Great.

At least the setting is interesting. Why can japs be creative but Obsidian has to do some shitty Mission Impossible crap?

MetalCraze

Arcane
japs? creative? they just found another excuse for making a shitty story with amnesia in a generic japanese setting (really how many magical/industrial settings do we have in jrpg? oh wait!)

I AM AN XBOX360 RPGER
an original way to call yourself a retard.

afewhours

Scholar
Kaim, who seems to want to forget his past, struggles with the return of his memories and the pain they bring."

How disappointingly profound. Why can't all JRPGs just be about huge anime titties instead? I think I'll wait for one of my friends to buy this and watch him play it instead of shelling out the money myself. I prefer my JRPGs to be frivolous and stupid - SMT excluded.

I'm in two minds about this game. It's being made out to be this uber event, and I feel compelled to play it to find out what everyone's driveling about, but the more I find out, the less enthusiastic I get.

Black

Arcane
OP - I'm surprised that you call yourself an RPG fan- especially an 'old school' RPG fan- and you don't know about LO.
I don't know this game so I'm not oldskull enough.
Sometimes I want to laugh at retards but... I can't anymore. I just can't.
Help me.

mjorkerina

Scholar
Serious_Business said:
As one of the glorious master elite race of computer-gamers (because this makes me great, I play games on my pc), I feel those jews are certainly not worth to be call human beings, in fact I would call them retards and mongrels because my brain power is as impressive as the processor in my pc which is very impressive because obviously I play smart games and that makes me smart, because playing games is a very constructive, elaborate and positive thing that makes me great and powerful. I advice not that we all masturbate in a pot because that would not be equal to our great natures but instead that we all give each other handjobs to show how pure and right our elitist man love is like the greek heroes before us.

Amen.

WhiskeyWolf

RPG Codex Polish Car Thief
Staff Member
Black said:
OP - I'm surprised that you call yourself an RPG fan- especially an 'old school' RPG fan- and you don't know about LO.
I don't know this game so I'm not oldskull enough.
Sometimes I want to laught at retards but... I can't anymore. I just can't.
Help me.
Get some sleep, tomorrow everything will be back to normal.

Black

Arcane
sabishii said:
Lost Odyssey is horrible. Half of your dialogue literally consists of "..."
Isn't that ultimate rpg dialogue? Because, y'know, you can ROLE-PLAY what your characters is saying!

Sovy Kurosei

Erudite
sabishii said:
Lost Odyssey is horrible. Half of your dialogue literally consists of "..."

It would be like listening to a radioplay where the narrater says "dot, dot, dot" whenever the characters go silent. It is an artifact of writing dialogue for print and early games that didn't have "real time" cutscenes and should stay in the 80s from where it came.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom